• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your primary motivation in life?

What is your primary motivation in life?

• Total voters

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Other:

To affect others and the natural world in positive ways and feel the exchange of energy between us as I do so. To be in the moment, while looking to the possibilities ahead of me.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to respond before I read others' responses because I'm afraid the other responses would influence what I'd put down!

Primary motivation: Hmm. To live life to the fullest (which tends to imply my aiming for a 'balanced' life, so as not to leave some path/perspective unexplored), gain the most knowledge and experience that I can out of life, and always try to find some peace/purpose in my life, and hopefully in the process contribute something to other people in my life, or to wildlife, or to some idea that I care about.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Of the options achievement comes closest, on the level of learning and personal growth.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
To understand "what it all means", whatever that means.

Know what I mean???

:newwink:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
family, friends, pleasure, happiness, and love

Well I may as well put one of these after it.

<3

Because it sounds so NF.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
You forgot "Life itself".

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Achievement.

This means personal development on many levels, which includes family, friends, satisfaction, career, assisting others, appreciation, learning, growing, mind, experience, body, soul, heart, spirit, and lots of other good stuff.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Other. Learning is a worthy goal in my mind.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I picked money because my goal in life is to be financially successful so I dont have to work a normal job 9 to 5 and not contorl my own schedule. The true motive would be because I want to spend my time alive with my friends and family and god willing one day children, on vacation and doing fun things without the concept of money trouble for our day to day needs.

The only way I can achieve that level of freedom though is via money. I need enough to make it work for me, instead of me working for it. I want to retire by 30 and have children.

Mole

Permabanned
The Clock and Industrial Time

...and not control my own schedule.

It's interesting that we are controlled by a schedule - our own or someone else's.

And a schedule is controlled of course by the clock.

But I threw away my watch into the Karuah River and I have never worn one since.

A clock keeps industrial time. It does not for instance keep circadian time.

So by throwing away my watch, I threw away industrial time and was left with natural time - the time my body tells, the time my relationships tell, the very time it takes for my thoughts to turn over and my feelings to reveal themselves.

The internet is perfect for this. For while you wear a watch and follow industrial time, I have taken the fetter off my wrist and follow natural time.

So my primary motivation in life is to be free - to be free from industrial time - and free to be myself with you within our electronic tribe.

And for an increasing number of us industrial time is being left behind as we listen to the rhythms of the global village - the beat of our very own rhythms - the rhythms of our heart for our heart has its own reasons - its own rhythms and its own reasons - ours.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I want to get High.

Not smoking-weed-high.

I mean, I want to get consciously, metaphysically, high.

Transcending what there is to transcend, seeing through all that is fake.

But I'll be seeking this until the day I die. It's a rough road.

Mole

Permabanned
I want to get High.

Not smoking-weed-high.

I mean, I want to get consciously, metaphysically, high.

Transcending what there is to transcend, seeing through all that is fake.

But I'll be seeking this until the day I die. It's a rough road.

Yes, but you get to breathe. Long slow breaths of the cool, crisp air from the top of your head to the tip of your toes.

No more holding you breath wondering what people think of you.

And the air is free and all things long to be transcended.

So we follow the stairway where each step transcends the one before.

And this is the stairway to heaven they sing about.

And here we are dancing and singing on the stairway to heaven.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yes, but you get to breathe. Long slow breaths of the cool, crisp air from the top of your head to the tip of your toes.

No more holding you breath wondering what people think of you.

And the air is free and anything can be transcended.

So we follow the stairway where each step transcends the one before.

And this is the stairway to heaven they sing about.

And here we are dancing and singing on the stairway to heaven.

Amen, brother, Amen.

Trefle

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am caught between my desires and my ideals. One moment I follow my ideals and the next I am overcome by my desires.

I am blown hither and thither - first by one and then by the other. It is becoming obvious they don't talk to one another. In fact they barely acknowledge one another's existence.
Quoted :D

I feel the same way, I'm constantly wanting to learn, wanting to grow more, to advance and achieve, whether in wisdom, knowledge, physically, mentally, artistically...

But at the same time, I also want understanding, adoration, respect, comfort. And there's this thing called laziness...

I can't comprehend which is which, whether my ideals are to complete my desire, or my desire are manifested within my ideals, or so forth.

I think I want to be happy, tho. But is that another desire, or a primary motivation?

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
Other: happiness/love.

And ok, fine. I'll admit it's a little bit for gin and tonics too!