Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You talk too much to be leaders
    True that

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I like to have a leadership role when there is something that needs to get done. Perhaps because I know I can get things done, and don't trust anybody else to catch all the important details.

It's worthwhile to consider that there are different personal styles of leadership, some styles are better for certain situations.

For instance, I would not fit the role of book club leader, or support/berievement group leader. I tend to fit a hierarchical model of leadership rather than a collaborative model. I like taking the lead in situations where something must get done--work/objective leadership over recreational leadership, which you might see in the captain of a sports team.

I always wish to have a leadership position as long as I have the knowledge base and experience required to make sound decisions. I don't overtly pursue leadership though, I prefer to be more circumspect about it because I think angling for a leadership position is the best way to start off on the wrong foot with those you are leading.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

I don't go for the leadership role, if I don't give a rat's ass about the people I'm working with, or my team mates are incompetent. In those cases I won't even be in the team. Else, the leadership role is mine.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Stutterfly View Post
    see, you're doing it already!
    kidding.
    i originally had "TJ", is that more correct?

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    see, you're doing it already!
    kidding.
    i originally had "TJ", is that more correct?
    Maybe. I don't know too many TJs, but it seems in theory they'd make great managers. I know two ENTJs: one is fantastic at delegating yet the other's terrible. Then again, I think the former frightens her team into doing their job .

As for leading - Fe!

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    I would not fit the role of book club leader, or support/berievement group leader. I tend to fit a hierarchical model of leadership rather than a collaborative model. I like taking the lead in situations where something must get done--work/objective leadership over recreational leadership, which you might see in the captain of a sports team.
    Precisely why ISTJs are so drawn to the US military...and so successful in it...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

What about delegating tasks to other people, and making decisions about priorities and plans of action involving those other people? "Management" in that sense of the word.

I think I might do well with these, because I think I do them well for my own tasks, and I also can see where things could be handled more efficiently. But there are always those who will disagree when carrying out these plans, and who is to say they are wrong? There is the element of listening for advice and possibility for improvement, and the judgment of what to ignore--and then the way to communicate and navigate those properly to the people you're working with.

"Leadership by example" is the phrase I best relate to so far.

For those wondering, I am not seeking or being asked for a leadership or management role, but I notice that when such roles are required, I steer away from them, knowing I'm not prepared. Then again, I haven't really tried it... The question in my mind is, "Am I avoiding something that I could in fact handle?"
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP

Yes, I strive to be in a leadership position. I believe it should be something that's earned. On the other hand, it's often there for the taking, you just need to reach out for it. Which I do. So even though I'm fairly young, I often find myself leading people who are older than me because I both earn it and reach out for it.

If someone else is leading I'm comfortable with that as long as I agree with their vision. If not I'll probably find myself somewhere else. As far as delegating goes, I'm fairly comfortable with it on paper. But I'm a workhorse and don't believe in getting people to do things when I can do them myself. So I need to work on this area. But I'm great at setting up systems and getting others to work effectively in the system/devising the system to suit the skills of the workers.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah...if I like the task and I'm competent at it, why not? I have no problem with responsibility, I love interacting with people. I don't strive for it, though, more often than not it seems like I'm the only one that wants to take them.

Right now, though, I only have in mind 3 possible tasks where I could have a leadership role, I'm not good enough at the others to be effective as a coordinator. (I like "coordinator" more than leader, because it implied an horizontal organization rather than a hierarchical one)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp