User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Have you ever known someone who committed suicide?

What is your understanding of why they did it?

(No, no one I know has done it, nor am I suicidal myself. The thread idea just came to mind.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes. No clue why. I saw no signs, although I'm sure there were some.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I know two. The first one was already a psychiatric patient. He had these feelings for a long time, told everyone and wrote a depressing blog. The other one was a drug dealer and he just committed suicide out of nothing.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I know one that did commit and one that might have committed suicide. Neither very well.

One that did commit suicide for sure was alcoholic and used drugs at times. He had some issues with girl and couldnt handle it. Most likely because he had conforted himself too much with alcohol and drugs, instead of learning how to deal with problems.

Other guy was alcoholic + junkie, he was in rehab and after he got out he overdosed after he got out. Dunno for sure if it was accident or if he just couldnt deal life sober and didnt want to be junkie either.

Both good guys, but with alot of problems.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Phantonym

No. Not anyone who has succeeded anyway. I heard about the attempt later on and it was a complete shock, to say the least. Thinking back, sure, there must have been signs, but...I can't remember any. That was over ten years ago and we still communicate but we've never talked about it. She never had any counselling either. She's doing fine now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

First violin in orchestra did. I didn't know her but obviously I knew her. It was weird, they told us over the announcements. She was a dark type of person but she seemed pretty neat.

An "estranged relative" did, no one was close with them at the time, but it was very hard. It's sort of a secret so I have to be careful, but it was a "close" relative who had deserted their kids to be raised by someone else. Suicide was almost like the final deserting of their kids. It was very sad.

Yes, I have known five people to do so. Two I think were terrible accidents, the other three were sadly on purpose. I wish they had thought there were other options.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

when i was a kid, kids at my school committed suicide, from the stress and fear associated with our neighborhoods. i didn't know any of them very well though.

when i was 21 my next door neighbor shot himself at his home while i was at home next door. he had been in prison for possesion with intent to sell, and he had been out for several months when he shot himself. i had been trying to help him get a job, but it is very hard for ex-cons to get a legitimate job. he was trying to get legitimate work, trying to change his life. it can be very overwhelming for people who are trying to change their life, but have only ever known one kind of life. it is depressing, in a certain kind of impoverished culture people try very very hard to keep you at their level, to keep you from rising up.

when i was 22 my grandfather committed suicide the day after my grandmother (his wife) died.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Didn't really know him, just witnessed it. I knew of him and was friends with his son.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know three people who have committed suicide. The first person was a fifteen year old boy I was extremely close to at the ages of twelve and thirteen, he was actually a devout Christian, but suffered from depression and other psychological problems in his home life. Still, it was very shocking to everyone because he was so religious and had a very likable personality. His funeral is one of the most populated I've ever seen. Deeply sad for me personally.

The second was also a teenager with serious depression problems. This was when I was in high school, I wasn't as close to him, but he was like a friend of a friend. His case was a little more...predictable? He fit the stereotypes of listening to heavy metal and having problems in school, etc. Still sad, I think there was more warning there, but how much of one I can't really say since we weren't especially close.

The third was the mother of one of my best friends. She was middle-aged and had been battling serious schizoaffective disorder (basically a combination of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder) for over ten years. She was Catholic and left her husband and children to live with her mother after being institutionalized repeatedly. I can't imagine the psychological horrors she went through. She was a very sick woman.