User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I don't mean to offend, I'm only sharing my experience with my situation with myself. How I realised I was being selfish and not thinking about others. How the only thing running through my head was me and how I'd be done wrong. I'm not talking about anyone else, I'm talking about me.
    That's ironic.

A self-centered experience and expression regarding the value of selflessness.

MBTI
    INFP

Sometimes irony is life - or is it that life is ironic?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

It is a selfish act. It greatly hurts those who one leaves behind. I am against the government telling us we have to live longer biologically then we would normally be without technological intervention, yet find human life is sacred. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. A friend of mine still has nightmares/and probably fucked up his life after discovering his mother after she hung herself.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't know of anyone who has committed suicide; however, my brother was suicidal about 10 years ago and as a result was in a hospital/psych facility for about 6-7 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If there aren't just some irrational influences (drugs, booze, etc.) at work, it's usually the culmination of feeling out of control of one's life and that any attempts to change matters is hopeless.
    Although my brother never really opened up about the exact reasons, I could see him feeling ultimately out of control, and hopeless, as being possibilities. He's INTP, and was diagnosed at the time with chronic depression as well as generalized anxiety. There may have been a few other things, but he hasn't ever elaborated. In any event, while we were growing up we were always close, but he did seem a bit 'off' in some ways. I think his troubles began in elementary school, and by junior high my parents actually received a phone call from the school because a teacher was worried about a poem/story he'd written. By high school I think he'd decided to put on a chipper face and all of that, but a week or so prior to when he was supposed to go to college was when he became suicidal. I think it was probably a culmination of many years-worth of stuff, combined with the fact that he probably felt obligated to go to college, when he might not have wanted to and it likely panicked him.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow.

If that's the case, I think it's just as selfish for other people to expect a person to continue living just so that they won't have to deal with the loss... and meanwhile continue on in their merry little lives without taking some responsibility to help that person work through the issues.

Some people do act selfishly in killing themselves, without considering others. In my situation, I was miserable because I was already living for others to be happy and not taking care of my own needs at the least ... for one because I did not want to be "selfish."

I'd really be careful throwing words like "selfish" around in such a general sense.
    That's true. It can be selfish both ways, depending on the psychological state of the person(s) involved. It might be selfish of people to expect an unhappy person to continue living, without acknowledging the root cause of their unhappiness, based on the simple assumption that life=good, death=bad. It can also be selfish for the unhappy person to choose death as a solution, leaving all the emotional bagagge behind, without closure or resolution. The commonality is that both denies, rather than address and/or resolve the issues or problems.

MBTI
    INFP

My father, an ESxP. Happened 2 years ago. I hadn't seen him for about three years when it happened, but I know that he was strongly affected by depression and mental health problems. He was 50, he'd been going through some tough times- had been beaten up and threatened by some gang a while before, and was really poor and often out of a home, because of his own gambling addiction. I believe he was suffering alot for the last few years of his life, so comforted myself that at least he wasn't suffering anymore. It was just a shame that I never got to develop a relationship with him as an adult though. And the fact that I hadn't seen him for years, and felt no real affection for him, made me feel really empty when he died. I wish that I could have loved him deeply, and been devastated when it happened. His suicide affected me by denying me the relationship I could have developed with him, and preventing the grief I could have felt when he did die later. When I grieved, I grieved for what could have been, rather than what was.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Yes, he had clinical depression.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I almost did. But I stopped her, and she feels sort of indebted to me. We were 14 and she's an INFJ. She said it was a relief to her later that she didn't do it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I sometimes think about helping people who are going through deep depression. Maybe a website would be the best medium. I want to do that. I've got scraps that I've collected over the years, from varying sources. I want to piece it together and if I do compile it all together and see that it could maybe save some people or guide them away, then I'd do it. I've no idea how to make a website, but I wouldn't want to write a book or make profit. I'd want it free and available. At the moment I dont think there is enough useful and available information.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

Default Vasco

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    What is your understanding of why they did it?
    Yes, my friend committed suicide and left a sixteen page suicide note.

He was a special friend to me and we would stay up at night discussing philosophy. And as I read his suicide note it was as though we were together again under a cold moon that always led to a sunny day. But he left the sunny day to me.

He did a very good job. He flew down to Tasmania to say goodbye to his mother. Then he rented a room in an expensive hotel in Canberra. Considerately left a note on the door advising the staff not to enter but to call the police. Then he got into a warm bath, took a strong sedative, and put a plastic bag over his head.

Reading his suicide note, really a document, in the Bakery as I had my morning coffee and croissant, it was as though we were having our usual late night philosophical discussion. At a logical level it all made sense. But only hurt the heart.

He was very sensitive about his middle name which he would never tell me. But the death notices told me it was Vasco. And I remember him every day on my way to the Bakery as I pass a Portuguese restaurant named, "Vasco's".