User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Sniffles

Yes, in fact this is the anniversary of his death.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I'm no stranger to the experience of someone killing themselves. Without going too much into detail, someone with whom I was in love "committed suicide" about four years ago. I can't even begin to tell you what a devastating experience that was. For the first two days, I did nothing but soak my pillow in tears. Several times, I nearly passed out from hunger, and what sleep I got was ridden with nightmares about murder, disappearances, and horrors that I won't speak of. What followed was a frenzied obsession on my part that went on for many weeks, weeks that have changed me forever, I think. And then this person turned up alive; I talked to him a few times more; and I never saw him again.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP

I had a three year elder cousin commit suicide. He was the big brother I didn't have - then he was gone. He was 21.

There are others I have known about or known in a very general way.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Yes.

A really good friend of mine. We rode/cycled all Summer long my last year in college. We took vacations with he and his wife and two daughters. Almost every other day we did something together. He told me his wife was cheating on him with a neighbor. They were. I saw them together.

I think he couldn't stand the pain.

The man she had been cheating with was evil. We were riding bicycles one day and he got in a truck and followed us. Then attempted to run my friend off the road. I think the only thing stopping him from doing it was the fact that he prolly knew my father would have done some serious damage to him if he had hurt me. No mercy style.

Sad. Brutal. The man lived two houses from my friend. He had to drive by his house to get home and leave.
    Humiliating.

My friend's type: INFP
    The evil man's type: ESTP
    My former friend's wife: ESFP

He wasn't supposed to do that.

No matter how bad things seem, NOTHING is worthy taking your life over. NOTHING!

There are people in worse situations than you. There ARE.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I used to know a couple, but they died. I wasn't particularly close to them, though, and I had to fake tears when they died so people wouldn't think I was heartless (though I almost blew my cover when I tried to turn the class discussion back to Newton's Three Laws). I also have no idea why they wanted to kill themselves.

I guess their lives sucked, they had pride and ambition, and they felt had no hope. I think all three elements are necessary... a strong will to become better, a bad life, and no hope. If you have no particular desire for life or yourself to be a certain way, you can pretty much take whatever it throws at you (flexibility). If you can find comfort in your present life, you can take the failure (comfort). If you have hope, you can ride it out (opportunity). But if you lack all three? Yeah, you're going to kill yourself.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    There are people in worse situations than you. There ARE.
    Its true...even after what I did, I've come to the point in my life, where I realise that suicide is a selfish act. You worries about yourself and the only thing on your mind is you and YOUR problems. Even I know that there are times where you just wanna be so selfish in all that because we feel we have a right...but from what I've learned, when you take the the view off of yourself and put it on others, you start to view life differently. Thats deffinatley one of the things that pulled me out of my major depression and suicidal thoughts. It was a process but I did it. I cant say that everyone once in a blue moon when I'm really upset I dont ever get tempted to cut myself or anything...it does happen. But the moment I feel so upset that I'd want to harm myself I've made it a point to go somewhere where there are other people. The moment your alone and allow these thoughts to fester, the more likely it is that , in your head, you'll make it sound ok to just harm yourself. Its not ok. I've had to learn the hard way.
    Last edited by ayoitsStepho; 11-01-2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: grammer
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I havent knew any other person no and I am sorry for anyone who had to went through that. Cause at last the others are the ones who suffer the most.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Its true...even after what I did, I've come to the point I've now come to in my life, I realise that suicide is a selfish act. Your worries about yourself and the only think on your mind is you and YOUR problems.
    Wow.

If that's the case, I think it's just as selfish for other people to expect a person to continue living just so that they won't have to deal with the loss... and meanwhile continue on in their merry little lives without taking some responsibility to help that person work through the issues.

Some people do act selfishly in killing themselves, without considering others. In my situation, I was miserable because I was already living for others to be happy and not taking care of my own needs at the least ... for one because I did not want to be "selfish."

I'd really be careful throwing words like "selfish" around in such a general sense.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Two.

The anniversary of one of my friend's deaths is coming up in a few weeks. He had just graduated from graduate school and was about to get married in the coming months when he shot himself in the head. He was always this quiet, laid back guy. He was so quirky and funny. Sweet. He had a really hard time after his father unexpectedly died one night coming home from work. One of the family horses got free and was in the road and he didn't see the horse, hit him, and he died on impact. It's still hard for me to believe that he's gone. My guess is that he was an INTJ.

My other friend died in a DUI, but it's more than likely that he intentionally killed himself. His family deemed his death a suicide. He had talked about killing himself previously, got into a big argument with some friends at a bar, drove off at regular speed, but the approached a long country road leading to his house at 115mph, ultimately flipping his truck. His death really hit me hard. Still does actually. We were friends our entire lives. He died a few years ago. I think he was an ISFP.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow.

If that's the case, I think it's just as selfish for other people to expect a person to continue living just so that they won't have to deal with the loss... and meanwhile continue on in their merry little lives without taking some responsibility to help that person work through the issues.

Some people do act selfishly in killing themselves, without considering others. In my situation, I was miserable because I was already living for others to be happy and not taking care of my own needs at the least ... for one because I did not want to be "selfish."

I'd really be careful throwing words like "selfish" around in such a general sense.
    I don't mean to offend, I'm only sharing my experience with my situation with myself. How I realised I was being selfish and not thinking about others. How the only thing running through my head was me and how I'd be done wrong. I'm not talking about anyone else, I'm talking about me.

I do not want to offend I understand all of that. I just hope you understand I wasn't trying to say that people are selfish. I was just trying to say I was selfish.
    Last edited by ayoitsStepho; 11-01-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: added note
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.