User Tag List

First 12

I was looking for a thread called Going to far in the introverted direction on the Lenore Thomson site. I can't find it but this looks interesting and applicable.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by krunchtime View Post
    I don't see it as a shield in the way in which you understand it. The dominant function is an important part of my personality and my first instinctive reaction is to apply it to most situations. But if you start using the dominant function exclusively, it becomes unhealthy. I think Ne can be a good way of circumventing the Ti.

You seem to be functioning according to a rigid definition of good and bad, but you are aware that it needs to become more flexible. Just take that first step. If you stick to your current definition, it will continue into a downward spiral of fear and negativity. Humans are not super mind readers. Don't be afraid of your own demons because everyone has them.
    I dont think that everyone uses theyr dominant function as shield, its just that i and some others do. Not everyone uses it in this unhealthy way as i do. Luckilly i found the way out of it, i just need to take that path, but need to start with baby steps or what ever im confortable enough with. Im not sticking with the way im used to, because there was/is this situation with girl involved that really made me realize that i cant go on like this or i will be just skipping my life and i have missed alot allready because of this shit even before that. I know everyone has theyr demons, but im afraid letting go of mine because theyr the ones that keeps me safe from harm.

Luckilly when i make up my mind about something, ill do it and if i want to do something enough i am able to accomplish it. This is something i want to do more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I was looking for a thread called Going to far in the introverted direction on the Lenore Thomson site. I can't find it but this looks interesting and applicable.
    I have actually readed this topic a bit, but didnt get much into it and lost it. Thanks for linking it again
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read