• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Personality is a Mask

wolfy

awsm
a mirage.
it only exists when i'm not looking at it.
or maybe it only exists when i'm looking directly at it.

i don't know. either way; sometimes it exists, sometimes it doesn't.

I like this description.

If you build your personality from the outside, you end up like a crab with a hard outer shell - an exoskeleton. And if you want to grow you must first shed your outer shell otherwise it will strangle you.

But if you build from the inside, you end up like a leopard, lithe and strong. Your personality permeates your whole body and grows when you do.

The nicest thing I have found is to slowly express my inner self so that my inner self becomes my normal personality.

What can I say? When I express my inner self successfully in the outer world, I feel joy.

Great post. I don't feel my personality is a put on in anyway but it certainly has a thickened skin. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts. Really made me reflect.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
My personality is a way I communicate myself with the world around me... and the world around me is a way of communicating what my personality is to me!

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
My personality is a nightclub. On the inside, there is a wild party with hundreds of happy people drinking and dancing. But on the outside you only hear the beat and sometimes you see people going in and out. And of course there are many angry neighbours who say that the music should be turned down, because it's so loud they can't sleep. Oh, and there is absolutely no time for any serious stuff.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'd say my personality is every part of me that isn't a mask.

Ingrid in grids

Smoke - an undefined, distorting shape that I can see but I'll never quite get a hold of. When I try, the particles dance and separate to form something new I haven't seen before, which leaves me back at square one trying to recognise something I can't understand.

wolfy

awsm
Now I feel my personality is somewhat like water. It seems to change form depending on the circumstance.