User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Default Type and anxiety disorders

One interesting quirk I have is that I suffer from an anxiety disorder.

It's rather annoying because it inhibits me from functioning in some situations (usually sex ). I was wondering if there is a connection between personality type and anxiety and what methods people have found most effective when it come to dealing with it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

*hugs*
    i have an anxiety disorder too. I used to have to take medication for it when i was in high school, mostly because i had just started a new school that was 3 times bigger than my old school and my anxiety was caused by being around 2000 people that i didn't know. I couldn't function at all. I still have the same problem when i'm put in situations where i'm expected to socialize with people. I haven't really learned to deal with it. I just try to avoid people in these situations and hope people think i'm invisible.

Anytime i start a new job or something, my anxiety gets so bad that i really just can not concentrate or function in anyway, it eventually goes away after a few weeks once i finally get used to people. However i don't have any real tips for dealing with anxiety effectively because i haven't figured it out myself. =(
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hm, I certainly think INFJs are very prone to anxiety disorders. In my opinion it is because so many INFJs can't control their Ni. INTJs on the other hand filter it through Te, which controls the realism in the outputs of Ni.

It is actually quite interesting to notice just how big the differences are between INTJs and INFJs when it comes to emotional stability. This is not directly measured by MBTI, but INTJs are known for their confidence, and I would guess most in here would say it is one of the most emotionally stable types. The INFJ type on the other hand, is possibly the most neurotic of all the types. I might be biased though, as I live with a highly neurotic INFJ mom.

MBTI
    yupp

I think I may have one. I get panic attacks and hate being in front of people or being force to talk to someone I don't know, about something I don't want to. The whole idea of drawing attention to me and the whole room looking at me terrifies me. I'm not sure.

MBTI
    INFP

It would seem anxiety disorders correlate with introverts, no? Well, that is pretty obvious I think. But I myself do not suffer from anything... When asked to speak in front of a group, I can do so fairly decently. I am not happy, and I am definitely not confident when it comes to such matters. But all the same, I can perform the given task without any real hindrances. To calm myself when I am nervous, I usually just tell myself that nobody who is watching me really cares for what I am saying. What student really cares what another student is going on about in a research paper or some such nonsense? I surely don't. But that is only in an academic situation... I am not sure about others. Perhaps you might try therapy of some sort?

MBTI
    INFJ

Anxiety-laden INFJ here--not proud but not ashamed either. I like to speak in front of groups but I fear one-on-one interactions. I fear being found lacking, being exposed as the fake I believe I am if someone really gets to know me.
    Okay--how did I come up with this weird idea? I have been loved and supported my whole life, I guess it's just one of those things I have to work through.
    Kiddo, I hope you can too!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by OctaviaCaesar View Post
    Anxiety-laden INFJ here--not proud but not ashamed either. I like to speak in front of groups but I fear one-on-one interactions. I fear being found lacking, being exposed as the fake I believe I am if someone really gets to know me.
    Okay--how did I come up with this weird idea? I have been loved and supported my whole life, I guess it's just one of those things I have to work through.
    Kiddo, I hope you can too!
    I'm the oposite I rather deal with one on one intereactions then speak infront of groups and at least 2 of my classes I have to give presenations in possibly 3. I don't want to. I have to take public speaking, I'm taking it next semester, as my room mate whose a performer said she would help me through the class.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    One interesting quirk I have is that I suffer from an anxiety disorder.

It's rather annoying because it inhibits me from functioning in some situations (usually sex ). I was wondering if there is a connection between personality type and anxiety and what methods people have found most effective when it come to dealing with it.
    I have some anxiety, but not quite to the point of a disorder. It was worse when I was younger, but it's getting better. I still freak out if I think I see a snake or a bug, though.

I think INxx's in general have an anxious streak, and I think some ENxx's do so as well. N's, I's, and F's probably tend towards it most.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    The INFJ type on the other hand, is possibly the most neurotic of all the types. I might be biased though, as I live with a highly neurotic INFJ mom.

I'm an INFJ, and I'm probably the most level-headed person in my family. No one could ever call me neurotic.

My mother and grandmother (ESFJs) and my aunt (ESTJ), on the other hand...let's just say that they all have issues.

It would be very tempting for me to say that ES_Js are the most neurotic, but I don't know every ES_J in the world, so that would be a rather crude generalization, and a biased remark.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Bethy View Post
    I'm an INFJ, and I'm probably the most level-headed person in my family. No one could ever call me neurotic.

My mother and grandmother (ESFJs) and my aunt (ESTJ), on the other hand...let's just say that they all have issues.

It would be very tempting for me to say that ES_Js are the most neurotic, but I don't know every ES_J in the world, so that would be a rather crude generalization, and a biased remark.
    ES_Js are the main ones that give me high anxiety. That's not fair I shouldn't say all but a fair amount of them make me feel less, they make me feel like I'm souless or stupid.