User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. Two more questions if you don't mind. Are your parents still married? Are you male or female? I am interested because I am an INFJ with three children (2 girls and 1 boy) and I have fairly high standards. I am aware of myself and try very hard not to be such a perfectionist as I don't want my children to resent me the way I resent my mother.
    My Husband is an INTJ and we are very close. He has always understood me and I now have a much better understanding of him thanks to MBTI.
    That's too bad. :sad: It sounds like you do love her, you just can't understand her.
    I am male, my profile picture is a photo of me …

My parents are still married. I don’t know if it is a wise idea. :P It is my theory it is my dad who has messed up my mom, and made her far less emotionally stable. He has travelled a lot, and have often overlooked, been insensitive and not understanding towards my mom, often when she has been depressed, which always made her more depressed. She also worries a lot about the fact she doesn’t have a permanent job. My dad is an ENTJ. Anyhow, things seem to be better now, my dad travels less.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I am male, my profile picture is a photo of me …
    You mean your avatar? I thought that was Zach Braff! Cool pic
    My parents are still married. I don’t know if it is a wise idea. :P It is my theory it is my dad who has messed up my mom, and made her far less emotionally stable. He has travelled a lot, and have often overlooked, been insensitive and not understanding towards my mom, often when she has been depressed, which always made her more depressed.
    I can somewhat understand how she feels. My Husband travels a lot and for the most part I am ok with it, but with three children it can be frustrating. I guess it's all about balancing everything and to know that some days are better than others. I also feel that when I have anxiety (aka acting kooky ) my INTJ Husband can bring me back down to earth with his logic.

How does your Mother feel about your father being an extrovert? I would think that would be difficult at times when she just wants to chill out and recharge, while he may want to be around others. I will say that I can get very anxious when I am tired or know that I am not accomplishing my goals, which could be as simple as folding laundry to vacuuming the living room.
    She also worries a lot about the fact she doesn’t have a permanent job.
    Why is that?
    My dad is an ENTJ. Anyhow, things seem to be better now, my dad travels less.
    I am looking forward to the day when my Husband travels less too! Our life sometimes reminds me of the Adam Sandler movie "Click".
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ

You mean your avatar? I thought that was Zach Braff! Cool pic
    Yeah, thanks.

How does your Mother feel about your father being an extrovert? I would think that would be difficult at times when she just wants to chill out and recharge, while he may want to be around others.
    What you mention is not really a problem. But you can see my dad’s extroversion in the number of projects he always has going on. ENTJs can be extremely intense in that department, and my dad is, so he has little time to spend on my mom, and she gets annoyed with how he is never relaxing, always thinking, planning, is never content. She complains it is hard to be calm around him, for example he seems to be constantly on the phone. My dad usually sleeps a lot on the coach though, in his defence. :P

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I use to be deathly afraid of spiders... but I forced myself into be around them (exposure therapy) without the help of any therapist... and I didn't die! Anyway, I am not scared of spiders anymore.
    I don't care if it worked for you -- I still hate them! (Vile little beasties!)

Of course, when I get the chance, I still end up getting as close to them as I can, to watch them. They both terrify and fascinate me.

Did you ever see the couples' episode of Fear Factor where they locked the girls in plexiglass coffins after dumping buckets of tarantulas all over them, and the husbands/boyfriends had to work to get the coffins open as quickly as possible and release them? I think only one of the girls actually made it through the entire thing, and another one was literally reduced to hysterics.

I still do not know if I could have done it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Yeah, thanks.
    I bet you have a lot of female admirers

My dad usually sleeps a lot on the coach though, in his defence. :P
    Are you from England?

MBTI
    INTJ

I bet you have a lot of female admirers
    I am afraid not.

Are you from England?
    Nope, Norway.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I am afraid not.
    It's probably because you're introverted. My INTJ wasn't out carousing either, but when we met he I think he knew and he did everything in his power to win me over.

I think that INTJ's are careful when choosing a mate but when they do they are usually very happy as they don't often make mistakes Anyway you're a cutie and I know there is a nice woman out there for you waiting for you

Nope, Norway.
    Ha, I meant to say Europe. My Husband is English and they refer to trains as coach's as well.

PS Watch out for these American women as they do seem to love European men! Something about accents? :confused:

MBTI
    INTJ

It's probably because you're introverted. My INTJ wasn't out carousing either, but when we met he I think he knew and he did everything in his power to win me over.

I think that INTJ's are careful when choosing a mate but when they do they are usually very happy as they don't often make mistakes Anyway you're a cutie and I know there is a nice woman out there for you waiting for you
    Thanks

Ha, I meant to say Europe. My Husband is English and they refer to trains as coach's as well.

PS Watch out for these American women as they do seem to love European men! Something about accents? :confused:
    Haha, my bad, I meant couch.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    ESxx I'd have thought were the worst with ESTx being the worst of them all. Repressed emotions, repressed capacity to look at oneself honestly. It's all got to lead to little neurotic traits.

I'd have thought that N would eliminate more than it creates as it gives context to these things making them easier to deal with as they are no longer in isolation and I'd suspect that an introvert would be more able to deal with themselves and hence deal with any neurotic elements.

I could be wrong though.
    It is interesting that Eysenck judged extraversion in a colourless if not a benign way.
    Emotionality and divergent thinking he labelled neuroticism and psychotism, respectively.
    I am very psychotic. I fear of my sanity.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Thanks
    Haha, my bad, I meant couch.

Ha!