User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Bethy View Post
    It would be very tempting for me to say that ES_Js are the most neurotic, but I don't know every ES_J in the world, so that would be a rather crude generalization, and a biased remark.
    No way! I agree with prp. ESXJs are the most likely to obsess, not to be neurotic. In fact, the ones I have been around obsess and complain so much that they make me really neurotic and ill.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    No way! I agree with prp. ESXJs are the most likely to obsess, not to be neurotic.

All I can say is: You've never met my relatives.

MBTI
    OMNi

All I can say is: You've never met my relatives.
    True, but I have my own ESFJ and ESTJ relatives. I know exactly how they can be.

MBTI
    yupp

Maybe we're all neurotic, but show it in different ways. Maybe ESXJs show it by not appearing neurotic but rather appear as being overbearing and judgemental.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm an INFJ, and I'm probably the most level-headed person in my family. No one could ever call me neurotic.
    Good for you. I was of course just talking about INFJs on average, and of course there are variations within type. I am not the only one to have realised this tendency. Just look at INFJ - Jung Type Descriptions and see how big a part fears is how the INFJ profile there. Some of the INFJ characteristics listed: avoidant, anxious, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, fearful, second guesses self, prone to feelings of loneliness, prone to sadness, frequently worried, lower energy. It just goes on and on, and I all find it to be true in most INFJ cases.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I am not the only one to have realised this tendency. Just look at INFJ - Jung Type Descriptions and see how big a part fears is how the INFJ profile there. Some of the INFJ characteristics listed: avoidant, anxious, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, fearful, second guesses self, prone to feelings of loneliness, prone to sadness, frequently worried, lower energy. It just goes on and on, and I all find it to be true in most INFJ cases.

That's one website. One website with some highly biased type descriptions. Even some members of the Similar Minds forum admit as much.

There are many others available that are much more balanced.

MBTI
    INTJ

That's one website. One website with some highly biased type descriptions. Even some members of the Similar Minds forum admit as much.

There are many others available that are much more balanced.
    Yeah, and I am not saying every INFJ is like that, just that INFJs are very prone to it. You are an unusual INFJ in that respect.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Good for you. I was of course just talking about INFJs on average, and of course there are variations within type. I am not the only one to have realised this tendency. Just look at INFJ - Jung Type Descriptions and see how big a part fears is how the INFJ profile there. Some of the INFJ characteristics listed: avoidant, anxious, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, fearful, second guesses self, prone to feelings of loneliness, prone to sadness, frequently worried, lower energy. It just goes on and on, and I all find it to be true in most INFJ cases.
    Yep, I must admit I fit many of these, and so do a few INFJ's I know in real life --> But important to note, we're not *constantly* in this state. We are just probably more prone to these feelings, more often, than other people might be. The only one I'm not sure that fits is 'fearful'. But even if I might be in one of these 'funks', I still carry on with everyday life like normal (I'm just frazzled inside). And, so do my friends. Externally, except with those who might know us really well, much of this might not even be evident.

But I guess I try not to let my internal state 'rule' me -- if I start feeling this way, I make sure I DON'T become avoidant, basically.

But it isn't a constant presence with me, nor with my friends; it's not like we're constantly a neurotic mess. It's just every now and then I'll be awash with many of those feelings, for a few days or a week or two, and then I'll work through it and will be fine for a few months, or even longer. It's usually some sort of external stressor or interpersonal trigger that sets all of it off. I am quite aware my stress threshold is pretty low, so in general I build my life with that awareness in mind, so as to minimize all of this. Because at least for myself, anxiety is what tends to lead to all of the other feelings.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I want to add to and clarify my previous post.

My anxiety & the other feelings all tend to tie back to my identity, and how I relate with others.

My mom - who is most likely an ISTJ- has an entirely different sort of anxiety. She is your quintessential worry-wart, and she has more of a generalized anxiety about quite a lot of stuff - she's constantly rather tense and worried. Her anxiety is much more concentrated on tangible *things*, though - stuff that I find 'trivial' -- so, she worries about stuff that I tend to be calm about -- that I just roll with a lot more, and am able to say 'well, what happens, happens'. She would be much more worried about logistics, or whether she cooked enough food, or whether she packed enough stuff, or whether she had prepared enough for X task...whereas I don't really worry about any of that stuff.

So I think there are very different types & focuses of anxiety.

MBTI
    OMNi

Yeah, even in my short time on this site I've noticed that INFJs share a lot of the same anxiety and paranoias that I do. I think it's a type that has many gifts but at a high cost. Strong Ni means you have amazing perception into what people might be thinking or feeling, but at the same time you may worry compulsively about what they might be thinking or feeling about you. INTJs get to filter their Ni through a Te so they prove to be one of the most stable types, but by contrast, the Fe of the INFJ tends to make them a knee-jerk reaction type.

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I want to add to and clarify my previous post.

My anxiety & the other feelings all tend to tie back to my identity, and how I relate with others.

My mom - who is most likely an ISTJ- has an entirely different sort of anxiety. She is your quintessential worry-wart, and she has more of a generalized anxiety about quite a lot of stuff - she's constantly rather tense and worried. Her anxiety is much more concentrated on tangible *things*, though - stuff that I find 'trivial' -- so, she worries about stuff that I tend to be calm about -- that I just roll with a lot more, and am able to say 'well, what happens, happens'. She would be much more worried about logistics, or whether she cooked enough food, or whether she packed enough stuff, or whether she had prepared enough for X task...whereas I don't really worry about any of that stuff.

So I think there are very different types & focuses of anxiety.
    That sounds right on. Well said.