User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Being a child. Done that. Been there. What to think of it?

I've had a problematic idea of childhood. In a few lines,

-So I wore diapers back then? Shut up already. This is now, not back then.
    -Someone held me on her lap when I was a child? Don't remember the past, this is now.
    -I emptied the whole contents of the fridge on the floor? Well, that was that animal, 3 years old. I relate to that person as much as I could relate to unicellular organisms that we're supposed to be developed from.
    -Pic of me at young age? I had unattractive naivety and a wrong haircut. I understand it's a mandatory shame for everyone. I envy those who got through it with less shame.
    -You're telling me you took care of me, and I had diarrhea one day? I'm thinking, it's a pity that young persons must be taken care of at young age, we should be born self-sufficient without the need of a caretaker.
    -I was like XYZ back then? That's a disgrace. Now my values are individuality, honor, capability, independence - none of which I could do back then. None of them were available to me. I was a damned disgrace of a person. I didn't provide my own money. I didn't make my own food. I behaved like a kid, it was a disgrace.
    -I wasn't knowledgeable enough to make good decisions on my own life. That's completely .. uhh.. now.. this is no joke, if I would cry, I would cry at this point. This is fucking insane. No-one should live like this. It was terrible. Oh my god. I am not joking with you. This point ... this last point.. this is terrible. I was a damned bag of amoeba back then. Oh my god.

I could go on and on but you get the point.

So, what do you think of your childhood, as thinking from the viewpoint of someone who's not a child?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Ahh, I was too depressive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I wish that childhood would just never end.

I mean honestly, who wants real world problems which you have to find real world solutions to? Everything was simpler as a kid! My biggest worry was whether or not I was going to be getting an N64 for christmas or not...

MBTI
    ENTP

Being helpless is a disgrace?

Come on. We evoluted like that. You could be ashamed too of having to grow in a womb - the ultimate helplessness.

I can understand feeling awkward when people are gushing about you-as-baby. It IS embarrassing - especially if you don't remember as much. They are talking about something and you can't relate - and that something is you...

However, I don't mind as much. Right now I'm trying to remember instances where people were talking about me as a child - and I only remember complimentory/funny ones. Not diaper ones - I think nobody in my vicinity finds it interesting, as everyone wears diapers as a baby. On the other hand, there was only one child in the neighbourhood afraid of the number zero.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
    I wish that childhood would just never end.

I mean honestly, who wants real world problems which you have to find real world solutions to? Everything was simpler as a kid! My biggest worry was whether or not I was going to be getting an N64 for christmas or not...
    But you get more priveleges as an adult, although I do agree the added responsibility sucks.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

It all seems pretty vague to me but pretty good in general.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I had an awesome childhood.

There's not a single part of it I would change if given the opportunity.

The triumphs and tragedies alike made me who I am today, and I'm at peace with myself and the world around me.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

There's freedom in adulthood. Never looked back!!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Maybe a bit unorthodox and I saw some things I probably shouldn't have. All and all I had a great childhood.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I wish that I was still a child... I love being babied
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.