5w6

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I wish that I was still a child... I love being babied
    me too!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It kind of confuses me. I'll watch home videos from when I was 5 or 6, and think, "There's no way in hell that's me." I can't wrap my brain around it. I was loud, obnoxious, and thought I knew absolutely everything (yeah, even at that young of an age). Now, well...I'm quite the opposite.

It makes me wonder if I'll think that same thing about 21-me when I'm 40 or something. *shudder*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I vaguely miss my very early childhood sometimes. Like before the age of 6 or 7. I have extreme nostalgia for things from the time period in which I spent my formative years. I do not feel disgust for my child-self at all. We were all children once.

But I guess it can be annoying when older relatives insist on continuing to see us as children when we have long since grown up.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Overall, I truly enjoyed my childhood.

Actually I think it is important to be a kid at heart, but be able to handle responsibilities as an adult.

I understand some people don't have the best childhood, so all I can say is learn from your past and live for today.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    But I guess it can be annoying when older relatives insist on continuing to see us as children when we have long since grown up.
    Oh yes. I bet they wouldn't like my honest opinion of them at their current age, either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Yloh View Post
    Overall, I truly enjoyed my childhood.

Actually I think it is important to be a kid at heart, but be able to handle responsibilities as an adult.

I understand some people don't have the best childhood, so all I can say is learn from your past and live for today.
    Still working on the second part of the second sentence...

Either way I don't think I have grown up too much since I was little. I still over think things, I still am rebellious, and lazy. I just know more than I did back then, and it's kind of a bummer
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu
    So, what do you think of your childhood, as thinking from the viewpoint of someone who's not a child?
    Thinking of my childhood makes me want to build a time machine so I can go back and slap myself upside the head. I don't even want to go there, but I will anyway.

To call my younger self independent would be to say too little--I had to do everything my way, and if I didn't get my way, oh dear. My wishes were usually in line with those of other people, thank goodness, but when they weren't, I sometimes engaged in behavior so ridiculous that I refuse to describe it.

I also lacked self-discipline. I did things of such a vulgar and otherwise uncivilized nature that the very thought of them fills me with bitter shame. I blame it on a lack of role models; my independence forbade me to have any such thing, and even if it didn't, I had a poor selection to choose from.

I also had little happiness. I suffered from such extreme sensitivity that the smallest thing could hurt me; I cried oceans. And for that reason, I often regarded people, particularly those in authority, as mean and abusive. No one can claim perfect gentleness, of course, but I blew every little slight of theirs out of all reasonable proportion.

And that's enough. I feel like I just opened a can of toxic waste, and I'd like to close it now. Just don't think badly of me: I'm a different person today.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I get you. No, I won't think badly of you Thank you for sharing.

People may sometimes hate some external circumstances in their childhood. Still, I haven't gotten much understanding over the concept that I'd hate the person I was then. I am surprised and almost disgusted that someone would think of "bonding" with me by reminding how they changed my diapers or something of the kind. Well, there's a life lesson with that.. we are born without dignity, and we have to make it all by ourselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Really shitty
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin