First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, I'm a 1/2, and an INTP. I'm Intimate(sexual) and Asocial.

I don't about your situation. You know at this point what are typical types for an ENFP. If you're still stumped, then you might consider that you're in the same position as me. Some kind of freak of type.
    (and you are so welcome!)
    I have read a lot of material of Enneagram and come to conclusion that I'm as much 9 as I am 7. Isn't that a weird combination?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm a sx 7w8. The description is spot on.

MBTI
    INTJ

I am not an expert at Enneagram, but I identify most with the five type. Not sure about the wings, but maybe I pick 6 over 4.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I have read a lot of material of Enneagram and come to conclusion that I'm as much 9 as I am 7. Isn't that a weird combination?
    Ehhh... It's not super weird. There are a lot of similarities between a Seven and a Nine. Seven/One, Eight/Two, Nine/Three, those would be really weird things to tie on.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Magic and I have been 'round the maypole with my odd scores. I test equally strongly between 2 and 7. *shrugs* Both fit me somewhat if you mash them together.

I suspect the 2 is the most correct, but it doesn't grant for my force of nature at all. I also suspect several other things have skewed my results: being raised with an ENFP twin has influenced me greatly; having to take action when my parents would not, even when I was an adolescent; physical abuse; emphasis on T.

EDIT: I see that according to some versions an ENFJ can be a two and a seven. Hmm.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

The only type I have typed as that has remotely contradicted the 8 is the ISTJ, and I think that this is probably a test flaw as opposed to my being an ISTJ.

Alcearos, what Enneagram types are you considering at the moment? I'll help you decide on it if you want.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I still continue to search for my Enneagram type and that made me wonder what Enneagram & MBTI type combinations there are in MBTIc.

So, the questions are:

What are your Enneagram & MBTI types?
    How does the combination fit to the MBTI & Enneagram correlations presented in Type Correlations.
    (Thanks for the link Magic Poriferan!)
    I'm not sure there is a direct correlation... but I'm an INFJ/4w5, and that doesn't seem too uncommon.

It seems like I'm always looking for meaning, like many 4's. There are two differences, though. One is that I delve deeply into ideas looking for it rather than just being able to be faithful in things that occur to me. And instead of being able to find meaning in extreme pain, I can experience it to a certain extent and find meaning in it, but when it gets to be too much... it's like something "snaps" and all of a sudden I can't feel much of anything. It's like I don't feel anything until my stress gets back down to a reasonable level. I would want to say it was scary, but I can only say that it seems that way in retrospect. The closest analogy I can think of to describe the feeling when this happens is a computer. It's like the odd feeling of working in older versions of Windows, and then all of a sudden having the computer run out of memory/resources (or having a driver conflict/application error) and throw you back to the command prompt. The way this feels is like trying to do everything on the command prompt until you can isolate and fix what was wrong, and get back into Windows. But thankfully, this has only happened a couple times in my life so far (I mean the feeling I described in analogy, because I've had Windows do this to me many times.)

Also, I don't seem to seek pain to the same extent, or have quite as much ability to deal with it. I'm good at dealing with people when they need me, but I can only seem do it for about two-three hours before having to withdraw or become stressed, while a lot of other Fours seem to have an emotional strength that runs deeper. It's like the 5 wing saps a good deal of the natural energy of my 4.

I think it fits well with my MBTI type, because of this:

Ni Fe Ti

Fe is surrounded by functions that don't exactly promote it's agenda, so it's the main source of passion/emotion in my personality, and between external stresses and resisting (occasionally very strong) internal dissent to stay uninvolved/disengaged from things, it can be tapped out quickly if I'm not careful.

MBTI sounds like it describes the nuts and bolts of my mind but it doesn't describe how I express myself at all. The Six description is far more accurate for me than any MBTI type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Alcearos, what Enneagram types are you considering at the moment? I'll help you decide on it if you want.
    I'm considering 7 and 9. 50% goes 7 and 50% goes to 9 when considering the descriptions, wings, triads, directions etc. So I cannot decide. I'm either 7w8 or 9w8. I'm definitely not 8.

Funny thing is that I identified my husband ISTP as 8. How common is that?

I found this site comparing MBTI and Enneagram.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    And instead of being able to find meaning in extreme pain, I can experience it to a certain extent and find meaning in it, but when it gets to be too much... it's like something "snaps" and all of a sudden I can't feel much of anything. It's like I don't feel anything until my stress gets back down to a reasonable level.
    that sounds much more 1ish. or possibly 5ish.

enneagram type 4 strikes me as a strong focus on Fi. i can't think of a 4 i've ever met that wasn't IxFP (or ENFP in one case).

4s emotions seem very internalized, based on personal values, etc. as opposed to a focus on the intricacies of social structure that Fe would provide.