MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You could also take a look at this: Enn9styls1.html
    I think I may just change my enneagram from 9w5 to 9w8. no one ever let's me have the 9w5 anyway so at least they'll stop bugging me.

Concerningly it seems that most of the INTP preferences marry up well with all the things you should avoid as a 9!! Looks like I have to deny one to do the other.... sounds familiar.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i'm a 2 and INFJ. social instinct last, of course

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Type 1:5
    Type 2:2
    Type 3:5
    Type 4:2
    Type 5:6
    Type 6:4
    Type 7:6
    Type 8:4
    Type 9:2

So I guess I'm 5w/7?

Challenger seems a more accurate match. I think you're right Magic. Methinks the test sucks ass. Either that or I interpreted it/my behavior wrong.

My guess is I'm 8:5.
    you're probably 7w8. (if not, you're 8w7. 5s are much more withdrawn)
    and yeah, those tests do suck ass.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Okay I've asked similar questions before but this seems more clear now.

There are a few people whom I've met where their enneagram type seems more prominent than their MBTI. This leads to such things as an F being poor with people (often too direct and T like) or a T being a warm and fuzzy person. Now I've got to wonder if there's a way of telling other than direct exposure. Is there a pattern? Can it be tested for? Does your enneagram in fact skew your MBTI test answers and vice versa for the enneagram?

I do realise that they are two separate systems but they are still both centred on the person who's answering the questions and that's where the two systems interact. What I cannot figure is how the two systems interact in a more conceptual and theoretical way.

For example what would you expect from an INTP 9 as opposed to an INTP 5?
    Is the 9/5 style most obvious or does the INTP shine through and the enneagram is merely the stained glass window which colours the light?

see if you can find an intp 2.....

bet you can't....

do you see what i mean?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

There are a few people whom I've met where their enneagram type seems more prominent than their MBTI.
    I would consider myself an example. The Enneagram One describes me perfectly, while the MBTI delivers a compromise between -- at present -- INTJ and ENTJ.

For example what would you expect from an INTP 9 as opposed to an INTP 5?
    Again, Enneagram narratives reflect my own experiences. If it's relativism for Fives to the Nines' ambivalence, then I respectively conflict and astonishingly easily coexist. Whereas Fives and myself meet along a fault line, I seem to displace Nines and form a relational composite.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    see if you can find an intp 2.....

bet you can't....

do you see what i mean?
    He's aliiivee!!!!!!

Errm INTP 2 would be as rare I'd say as an ENFP 5 but not impossible by any stretch of the imagination. You see the enneagram seems to base itself on motivation and yet branches out into suppositions about behaviour which are unsupported by the enneagram itself. If you use the common type from MBTI with that enneagram then you can see the behaviour they describe but what then if the linked MBTI type changes?

There are few INTP 1s I'd reckon and yet we have one here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    I would consider myself an example. The Enneagram One describes me perfectly, while the MBTI delivers a compromise between -- at present -- INTJ and ENTJ.
    A good example. Do you find that if you switch half of the enneagrams descriptions where it references emotion to referencing thought/ concepts that it fits you better?
    (I realise that us Ts care about thought/ concept but that's more of a daisy chain of reasoning. I'm simplifying here at the moment.)
    Again, Enneagram narratives reflect my own experiences. If it's relativism for Fives to the Nines' ambivalence, then I respectively conflict and astonishingly easily coexist. Whereas Fives and myself meet along a fault line, I seem to displace Nines and form a relational composite.
    Oh trust me 5 and 9 in the same person can lead to real problems. 5s tend to react harsher than 9s so when I react more akin to 5 my 9 side gives me a roasting afterwards.

MBTI
    GONE

Magic P, I did the Humanetrics test which you linked to. This one I scored my usual triumverate of 3 - 7 - 8.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 40%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 60%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||| 78%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||| 37%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||| 65%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||||| 72%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 68%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 57%

Sexual type.

I think the wording of the questions is what does it. And how I un/consciously self-report. These scores don't resonate that much for me. And 3-7-8 being very aggro is kinda opposite from the 2-4 I think.

I find (the) Ennegream much more helfpul than MBTI for figuring out life questions and figuring out what PHASE of your life you are in - basically answering the question what drives you, what is on your mind, what are your fears right now in this moment. If I can only figure out what the heck my ennegram type is, or if I can even be typed correctly right now. My answer sets change along with the stages of my life, which is kinda programmed into the ennegram system moreso than MBTI methinks.

But the ENFP type is something I can hang my hat on and has been consistent since late adolescence.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Do you find that if you switch half of the enneagrams descriptions where it references emotion to referencing thought/ concepts that it fits you better?
    No, not if we're talking about the Enneagram One. Whereas Myers-Briggs establishes dichotomies between the presence and absence of expressed emotion (especially Keirsey's interpretation of the NT, what with his use of the word "phlegmatic") the Enneagram One description acknowledges emotion by identifying the one that I can agree is integral to my behavior: anger.

Anger, in particular, is a powerful motivation for Ones. When they are confronted with circumstances which disappoint or displease them, anger becomes a form of fuel which launches them into action. Indeed, anger, rightly understood is an instinctual response to a situation we are not satisfied with. It is the energy that allows us to say "no." Some Ones become conscious of this, and use their anger constructively.
    Over the years, failure to be recognized -- for, say, an award or a position -- has invested me with more determination than disappointment. In that, to a point, I love a good challenge or fight. And, too, like some of the ENTJs here, my engagement has been construed as anger.

Oh trust me 5 and 9 in the same person can lead to real problems. 5s tend to react harsher than 9s so when I react more akin to 5 my 9 side gives me a roasting afterwards.
    Related thought: could my opinions of INTPCentral's demographics be a result of prior acquaintance with Enneagram Nines who were or have been identified as INTPs?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

No, not if we're talking about the Enneagram One. Whereas Myers-Briggs establishes dichotomies between the presence and absence of expressed emotion (especially Keirsey's interpretation of the NT, what with his use of the word "phlegmatic") the Enneagram One description acknowledges emotion by identifying the one that I can agree is integral to my behavior: anger.

Over the years, failure to be recognized -- for, say, an award or a position -- has invested me with more determination than disappointment. In that, to a point, I love a good challenge or fight. And, too, like some of the ENTJs here, my engagement has been construed as anger.
    Hmmm I think you're a negative feedback person. There's probably something in the enneagram which would explain that better....I'll have a look.
    Related thought: could my opinions of INTPCentral's demographics be a result of prior acquaintance with Enneagram Nines who were or have been identified as INTPs?
    Nah I think it's more likely that the problem with some of the "INTP"s is that they're 5s who think that means they're INTPs when actually they aren't.