User Tag List

First 23456 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    So is it possible for me to test as a 2 AND a 7?
    Yes. Just as it's possible to score as different MBTI types.
    This system does not support the idea of dual types, though.
    You are either a Two or a Seven.
    You have to figure-out which one you have scored higher on over all.

How frequently do you shift between the two results?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    ENTPs are frequently type Eights. My guess is that Nocapszy is an Eight.
    I think you're right. I don't remember what my result was to be honest, but for some reason 8w9 is coming to mind. Got a good test I can take?

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Pick a card, any card.

Free Enneagram Test

Enneagram Personality Type Indicator

Advanced Enneagram Personality Test

On that last one, that's at similarminds.com, just ignore the part of the results that say you are social or whatever.
    That's a completely different kind of test result which they have tried to smash into the same test as the normal Enneagram.
    It wasn't a good idea.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Yes. Just as it's possible to score as different MBTI types.
    This system does not support the idea of dual types, though.
    You are either a Two or a Seven.
    You have to figure-out which one you have scored higher on over all.

How frequently do you shift between the two results?
    I score high on both. I believe the 2 is a more lucid reflection of me because the 7 seems to stem not just from my need to make pain stop for others, but from my constant battle with physical pain. I suppose if I were not in pain all the time I'd be less 7. Good point.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

A lot of INTPs on this site appear to be 5w4s, but I am more of a 5w6. I feel that the difference is that 5w4s have less of a bias towards T than INTP 5w6s do, but this is speculation. Also, I'd imagine INTJs have a fair number of 5w6s and possibly 6w5s, though that may be more of an ISTJ thing.

The variants are very helpful. I find that my dominant SX and my secondary SP say a lot about me. I am an intense and often conflicted person regarding other people. When someone interests me, I want to dissect them and understand them. At the same time, I keep most people at arm's length because I don't trust them or don't like them.

What I have noticed is that sometimes one system will have a better fit for an individual than another. 5w6 doesn't describe me quite right, but it's the closest in the Enneagram system that does. INTP is more descriptive of me. This can work in reverse in some cases. Using multiple systems gives more precision, I've found.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Type 1:5
    Type 2:2
    Type 3:5
    Type 4:2
    Type 5:6
    Type 6:4
    Type 7:6
    Type 8:4
    Type 9:2

So I guess I'm 5w/7?

Challenger seems a more accurate match. I think you're right Magic. Methinks the test sucks ass. Either that or I interpreted it/my behavior wrong.

My guess is I'm 8:5.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Just to butt in a bit I'm of the opinion that the enneagram isn't really about behaviour, that's just how they explain it. Instead think of it as more descriptive of what motivates you.

Using myself as an example (that's usually a bad idea but no where near as bad as offending someone else with my analysis ) I'm an INTP 9 (9w5 but the theory won't let me be that ) and although it appears to make 9s out to be some kind of Jesus model trying to settle disputes and be as nice as pie to everyone I'm more focused on the balance side of things. Yes I dislike disturbances to my peace but that's more of a background thing in my mind.

This is why I originally looked at the integration of enneagram and MBTI because they aren't really separate. Though the two systems are distinct the results from one system bear great impact on the interpretation of the results from the other system. The thing which I am trying to work out is which is a subgroup of which and what describes what best. For example does the enneagram describe a persons temperament better than the MBTI? Should we use the enneagram to decide who is good with people and who isn't (as a generalisation) or is the MBTI more reflective or is it a combination of the two and if so what?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Just to butt in a bit I'm of the opinion that the enneagram isn't really about behaviour, that's just how they explain it. Instead think of it as more descriptive of what motivates you.

Using myself as an example (that's usually a bad idea but no where near as bad as offending someone else with my analysis ) I'm an INTP 9 (9w5 but the theory won't let me be that ) and although it appears to make 9s out to be some kind of Jesus model trying to settle disputes and be as nice as pie to everyone I'm more focused on the balance side of things. Yes I dislike disturbances to my peace but that's more of a background thing in my mind.

This is why I originally looked at the integration of enneagram and MBTI because they aren't really separate. Though the two systems are distinct the results from one system bear great impact on the interpretation of the results from the other system. The thing which I am trying to work out is which is a subgroup of which and what describes what best. For example does the enneagram describe a persons temperament better than the MBTI? Should we use the enneagram to decide who is good with people and who isn't (as a generalisation) or is the MBTI more reflective or is it a combination of the two and if so what?
    As a One with Two, I really am Jesus!

The Enneagram and the MBTI are partly separate. They are like a few colors off by a slight spectral shift. Some aspects of the MBTI and Enneagram results blatantly connect, where as others are more loose. This why we have the type correlation breakdowns like we do.

I haven't attempted with any specifics. I have simply applied both types to myself in entirety. Anything that both types have, I must have a lot.
    Anything that neither type has, I must not have at all.
    Anything that is opposite between the two types, is either moderate or wishy-washy for me. I just keep it simple like that.

The problem is that the difference are not so conveniently explained.
    The Enneagram is less technical and more about motive, but it's not 100%. Perhaps not even 75%. Then you have an odd number versus an even one...

Now, the instinctual variant is a simple add-on test that really is completely about what motivates you. It was designed to be used in conjunction with the Enneagram, but I find it works fine with the MBTI as well.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wings can also impact the traits you transfer over.
    I don't understand wings. I've said before how I always test as strong in both 5 and 8, sometimes more one, sometimes more the other. I read the descriptions in great detail and still it seems I'm half 5, half 8. I wouldn't say I was all one or the other. But yet you can't have a 5w8 or 8w5, apparently?!

There's too much of five that isn't me, for me to say it's my type. But there's too much that is for me to say it isn't. There's too much of 8 that is me to dismiss it; too much that isn't to embrace it. None of the other types seem at all accurate for me.

Why can't I be 5w8??
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

As there seems to have to be some weird hang-up in every system, I agree that the wing is what confuses me about the Enneagram.
    Go to sleep, iguana.