User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I have to wonder what an ISTJ 9 would be like. The ISTJ I know never considers people really unless he's feeling all ENFPish.
    I'm an INTJ, and I test equally for 9w1 and 5w6. I feel much more like 5 than a 9, but if you look Here, I fit in somewhere between Level 3 and 4. (This is talking about degrees of 9ness, Level 1 is best, Level 9 is worst)
    Level 3: Optimistic, reassuring, supportive: have a healing and calming influence—harmonizing groups, bringing people together: a good mediator, synthesizer, and communicator.
    Level 4: Fear conflicts, so become self-effacing and accommodating, idealizing others and "going along" with their wishes, saying "yes" to things they do not really want to do. Fall into conventional roles and expectations. Use philosophies and stock sayings to deflect others.
    I am very non-confrontational, I can if I have to, but if I don't I would much rather not. I think I test as a 9 (aka 'Peacemaker') because I want to have peace around me, not because I care about people.
    Last edited by warick; 10-29-2007 at 05:55 AM. Reason: screwed up my quotes
    I'm not being critical, I'm just trying to make you a better person.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by warick View Post
    I'm an INTJ, and I test equally for 9w1 and 5w6. I feel much more like 5 than a 9, but if you look Here, I fit in somewhere between Level 3 and 4. (This is talking about degrees of 9ness, Level 1 is best, Level 9 is worst)

I am very non-confrontational, I can if I have to, but if I don't I would much rather not. I think I test as a 9 (aka 'Peacemaker') because I want to have peace around me, not because I care about people.
    Yeah yeah, I know. If the other INTJs thought you cared then you'd just get beat up on

Seriously though, that's what I'm on about. It's like the standard INTP is really cerebral and reads lots or something where as I tend not to read and the whole education thing quite honestly bored me to tears!

It all just goes to prove that you can't tell what someone gives a shit about by their type. You can have a good guess most of the time based on their MBTI but I'd imagine you'd get as many misses as hits.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah yeah, I know. If the other INTJs thought you cared then you'd just get beat up on

Seriously though, that's what I'm on about. It's like the standard INTP is really cerebral and reads lots or something where as I tend not to read and the whole education thing quite honestly bored me to tears!

It all just goes to prove that you can't tell what someone gives a shit about by their type. You can have a good guess most of the time based on their MBTI but I'd imagine you'd get as many misses as hits.
    I suppose if I took enough different types of tests and posted the results, someone could possibly get a good idea what I'm really like without ever having talked to me or read my posts. But everyone is just too different that you could never pin anyone down exactly before actually getting to know them (and even after).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I suppose if I took enough different types of tests and posted the results, someone could possibly get a good idea what I'm really like without ever having talked to me or read my posts. But everyone is just too different that you could never pin anyone down exactly before actually getting to know them (and even after).
    True but as your own signature proves, it's good to have some kind of Rosetta stone by which to decipher a persons comments

MBTI
    INTJ

True but as your own signature proves, it's good to have some kind of Rosetta stone by which to decipher a persons comments
    I agree with that, and like I posted in your welcome thread, the avatar goes into that too. (BTW, how do you like my new avatar? I really liked Kevin, but I fear his persona is a tad bit more sinister than I.)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I agree with that, and like I posted in your welcome thread, the avatar goes into that too. (BTW, how do you like my new avatar? I really liked Kevin, but I fear his persona is a tad bit more sinister than I.)
    The only creepier thing than how closely the movie version resembled the book version [the whole MOVIE was that way, in fact] was that the movie role of Kevin was played by "Frodo / Goodie-Two-Shoes" Elijah Wood. *shudder*

(It was rather like watching someone urinate on da Vinci's "Benois Madonna.")
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The only creepier thing than how closely the movie version resembled the book version [the whole MOVIE was that way, in fact] was that the movie role of Kevin was played by "Frodo / Goodie-Two-Shoes" Elijah Wood. *shudder*

(It was rather like watching someone urinate on da Vinci's "Benois Madonna.")
    I never thought that I would ever utter the words creepy and Elijah Wood in the same sentence. He has never ever struck me as anything close to that in anything I have seen him in, until I saw Sin City.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I do realise that they are two separate systems but they are still both centred on the person who's answering the questions and that's where the two systems interact. What I cannot figure is how the two systems interact in a more conceptual and theoretical way.
    I think the basic distinction between both systems is that the enneagram is about *motivations* and the MBTI is about *behavior*. However, temperament theory also taps on motivations so there is a possible overlap too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I think the basic distinction between both systems is that the enneagram is about *motivations* and the MBTI is about *behavior*. However, temperament theory also taps on motivations so there is a possible overlap too.
    The question really is where do we draw the lines to segment a person?

It is not enough to say that you are an extrovert for example, I do not think that just that snippet of information really says anything about you (from what I've read). However I'd also say that just ENTJ is a pretty poor descriptor as you don't seem the atypical type. Whether your enneagram in combination with your MBTI type and your FIRO-B results would make a clearer picture is uncertain.

Basically I'm of the opinion that until people start to look at psychometrics instead of one pet theory then advancing the techniques is going to be difficult.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Each to their own I guess. Personally I couldn't understand the character at all. The whole immune to pain and emotion thing just doesn't make sense unless there's some artificial part to the guy.

Makes a nice piccy though I guess.