User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 45

  1. #31
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Oh, okay, if you were just telling your way to remember them, I didn't get it. I thought you were also claiming that right-handed people were predominantly left-brained referring to the personality-traits of right-left brain
    Gotcha! I see where the problem arose. I do believe that right-handed people are predominantly left-brained but I don't buy the left/right brain cognitive function ideas. I've posted before on the reasons I think "BrainType" is a load of BS... there's no point in me ranting about them again.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

  2. #32
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I've posted before on the reasons I think "BrainType" is a load of BS... there's no point in me ranting about them again.
    Agreed. But a link would be appropriate. That's what I do when I don't feel like ranting about something I've already discussed.

  3. #33

    Default

    I never got my answer and I am curious. If I use the right for one handed stuff and am left handed for two handed stuff what does that make me in theory?

  4. #34
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I never got my answer and I am curious. If I use the right for one handed stuff and am left handed for two handed stuff what does that make me in theory?
    Right-handed and left-brained.

    You just switch the focus to the right-brain when dealing with the spatial complexity of two-handed tasks.

  5. #35
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Gotcha! I see where the problem arose. I do believe that right-handed people are predominantly left-brained but I don't buy the left/right brain cognitive function ideas. I've posted before on the reasons I think "BrainType" is a load of BS... there's no point in me ranting about them again.
    So only 10% of the population is right-brained?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  6. #36
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post

    if you want a great insight into left/right brain (brain lateralization) check out this video

    Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight | Video on TED.com
    That's incredible! What an interesting watch! Thanks for the link!

  7. #37
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Agreed. But a link would be appropriate. That's what I do when I don't feel like ranting about something I've already discussed.
    You have to make me hunt through the Archives for the link huh?

    Here, only for you
    INTP Central - View Single Post - BrainTypes - Neidnagel

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    So only 10% of the population is right-brained?
    Actually the % of lefties in a typically population now is about 30%. And so you can say 70% of the population PREFERS to use the left hemisphere more than the right. The other 30% tends to use the right hemisphere more, or are fairly balance in using both hemispheres.

    There appears to be more variation in brain usage of lefties under MRI scans. I'm not sure why.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

  8. #38
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post

    Actually the % of lefties in a typically population now is about 30%. And so you can say 70% of the population PREFERS to use the left hemisphere more than the right. The other 30% tends to use the right hemisphere more, or are fairly balance in using both hemispheres.

    There appears to be more variation in brain usage of lefties under MRI scans. I'm not sure why.
    Where did you get this statistic?

    The absolute highest I've ever heard lefties be cited at is about 12%.

    And what of dyslexics? The type that don't realize they're doing symmetrical tasks with the 'wrong' hand until they're halfway through.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #39
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    You have to make me hunt through the Archives for the link huh?

    Here, only for you
    INTP Central - View Single Post - BrainTypes - Neidnagel


    Actually the % of lefties in a typically population now is about 30%. And so you can say 70% of the population PREFERS to use the left hemisphere more than the right. The other 30% tends to use the right hemisphere more, or are fairly balance in using both hemispheres.

    There appears to be more variation in brain usage of lefties under MRI scans. I'm not sure why.
    I see nightning has been in here in a kind of opposition.
    I am with her all the way.

    A lot of research of the subject is invalid.
    There are two autonomous brains. It is not a dichotomy thing.

    When I was a child, we had an old gramophone. In the family.
    I was three years old. If I wanted to hear music, I had to use my right hand.

    Later, I was a farm hand in Germany. I had the tool in the wrong hand.
    My movements were the opposite to what was permissible.

    Very gently, with patience, they placed the tool in my right hand.
    They showed the way. They said:
    Nicht so! .. So!

    This is what happens in the large scale. It is a thing of culture.
    Homosexuals and the left handed people do not increase.
    Tolerance does.

  10. #40
    Badoom~ Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I see nightning has been in here in a kind of opposition.
    I am with her all the way.

    A lot of research of the subject is invalid.
    There are two autonomous brains. It is not a dichotomy thing.

    When I was a child, we had an old gramophone. In the family.
    I was three years old. If I wanted to hear music, I had to use my right hand.

    Later, I was a farm hand in Germany. I had the tool in the wrong hand.
    My movements were the opposite to what was permissible.

    Very gently, with patience, they placed the tool in my right hand.
    They showed the way. They said:
    Nicht so! .. So!

    This is what happens in the large scale. It is a thing of culture.
    Homosexuals and the left handed people do not increase.
    Tolerance does.
    Basically people arent tolerating lefties as much so the said lefties learned to be right handed from a young age, and that now lefties are more accepted and thus more prevalent since they arent stuck stabbing themselves with scissors made for righties?
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

    This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

    Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Similar Threads

  1. Right Brain Left Brain Conflict
    By Unique in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 08:51 AM
  2. Right-brained or left-brained
    By /DG/ in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 12:51 AM
  3. Right or left brain?
    By white in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 03:08 AM
  4. [MBTItm] Right-brained or left-brained?
    By tibby in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 02:17 AM
  5. Right brain/Left brain P versus J
    By Haphazard in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 02:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO