User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I do have an unfortunate tendency to take things literally.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I do have an unfortunate tendency to take things literally.

Did you catch my edit?
    I was actually serious that an INFP recently told me to go fuck myself, twice.
    Lol.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Wait! Are you admitting you have poor interpersonal skills or something? Now that's worthy of a
    One man's poverty is another man's wealth.
    I don't have any problem with what you've said here, but I think you may have glossed over the fact that I said my boss is more more than likely a high-functioning autistic. My whole point was this is not "typical" miscommunication issues and hence my evaluation of the situation. I can deal with differences in communication styles, but when a person's thinking and communication is clouded by a developmental disability wouldn't you say that qualifies as extenuating circumstances that change the typical modes of communication?
    Are you asking me to justify your assessment of her as an inferior person to you? I don't see how that helps either of you. I don't see that it matters whether it's typical or not. And it seems to me that her developmental disability is mere hearsay. You have said that her supervisors are pleased with her work, so her "disability" isn't proving to be much of a disability. In any event, the principle still applies. But I don't think we are ever going to agree on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Jaguarian diplomacy:

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Blue's diplomacy: What about my infractions? waaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Are you asking me to justify your assessment of her as an inferior person to you?
    I was waiting for that convenient twisting of words you do so well.

...But I don't think we are ever going to agree on this.
    Yeah, you're right. Not much more to say.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm happy for the discussion that has started. So far, many views have been expressed.
    -Many people feel it's natural for anyone to have an instinctual idea of someone/something as "better" or "worse"
    -Many have expressed doubt if such a habit is useful for evaluating people objectively
    -F/T, as well as J/P have been both suspected and denied as factors to explain this tendency
    -People generally value their subjective right to evaluate people
    -At least one person noted the idea that attributes may be evaluated as better and worse
    -Many people expressed the idea that we have multiple skills and attributes, and we are probably higher on some of them and lower than some of them compared to any given person.
    -Many people applied the idea of better/worse to deciding whether to associate with said person.
    -Being on a same developmental level is seen as a positive factor of compatibility.
    -A minority opinion holds that even the attributes deemed as "bad" by the majority are just an alternative, and not bad or good per se
    -There was an idea that "better and worse" is just a shorthand for deciding whether to use it or not, as applied to objects in general. Thus it is more of an pragmatic rather than a moral evaluation.
    -The need to handle the specific situations with the disabled and disadvantaged was acknowledged.
    -In one opinion, the concept of bad and good was applied to transaction, as opposed to persons.
    -Many people expressed worry for this kind of ordering scheme, fearing it exhibits elitism, discrimination or prejudice by arbitrary factors

These are just my interpretations of the discussion. Might have missed some.

Edit: No, I don't think the truth is as simple as just a list of the opinions being said. I guess I just did this to make a note for myself to follow the discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

I'm probably afflicted by this status blindness.

Most people annoy me, others don't.
    I try to hang around people that don't annoy me.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know what causes the thinking described in the OP, but it's pretty foreign to me.

The few times I do evaluate a person's attributes by rank it is probably a fairly specific skill set I have in mind, so most people would be in the "doesn't qualify" category. I'm not sure what it would be like to try to constantly rank everyone as better/worse in every way. That would take too much effort from me that I'd rather spend in other ways.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    [SIZE="1"]<WALL OF TEXT>
    Yes, I have thought about this a lot recently, too.
    It was brought on by hanging with a few metric tonnes of SPs of bad grade.
    I'm not hanging out with them anymore, since they don't have any sense of right and wrong, appreciation or of loyalty.
    Besides that, most of them are acting in a way that is not fit for adults.
    And they drink too much.
    I always looked out for them. Organized stuff. Even came over with ****ing soup, ciggarettes and coke a few times when a particular ESTP was ill a few times.
    Besides that, I showed loyalty in a few tight spots and took their sides in arguments even while not really, really agreeing with them.
    That's just fragments. I went far beyond the call of duty for at least two of them, and the rest I treated friendly.

What did I get in return? Lots of effort and a few good parties and being let down by those idiots.

Be sure that I will never, ever again override my prejudices and my gut feeling.
    I normally just know if someone is good or bad, in these cases... Well, I just chose not to listen to it because it was convenient.

Now i'm definitely grading people. I don't think much of most people I meet.
    They all seem to have a big flaw here, a big flaw there...
    I notice and pay attention to character flaws a hell of a lot more nowadays.
    But, i'd say about 10% of everyone I meet are decent in most regards.

I don't think about it consciously, but there are a few things that must check out.

Common sense
    Morals and loyalty
    Integrity
    Courage
    Being fair and nice towards the people that deserve it
    Showing appreciation enough for efforts
    Intelligence and wit
    Emotional warmth for the people who deserve it
    Social skills

If a person does not have those. Not my friend. Maybe acquaintance... Never more.
    Big surprise that both of my best friends are ENFJs?
    In all, most everyone I hang out with or like a lot falls under xNxJ.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come