User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 130

  1. #111
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I say this not to be inflammatory



  2. #112
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I like Dr. Robert and I've linked to him in other post before on other topics. I felt like this case helped to illustrate one of the things I was trying to say.

    Remind me to quote Charles Manson to illustrate a point.

  3. #113
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Remind me to quote Charles Manson to illustrate a point.
    Haha. Well in the case of this thread, that might be a good idea. All I know is that I have no interest in holding hands and singing kumbya with the likes of either. And that's not to say they don't deserve lots of cuddles.....from someone else.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

  4. #114
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You fail to inflame me puss-cat.

    Though the joke is getting a bit old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  5. #115
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    You fail to inflame me puss-cat.

    Though the joke is getting a bit old.
    My intent was never to inflame. That's your intent, with what you call: "destructive Ti."
    I merely posted your photograph.
    If you look in the mirror you will see a remarkable resemblance, baby blue.

  6. #116
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    My intent was never to inflame. That's your intent, with what you call: "destructive Ti."
    I merely posted your photograph.
    If you look in the mirror, you will see a remarkable resemblance.
    Jaguars stalk - who knew?

    What you see in the mirror is not what everyone else sees in the mirror.
    You'll realise this if and when you ever grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #117
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Jaguars stalk - who knew?
    Here we go again.

    You once accused Jennifer of invading your "privacy" for reading your comments on a PUBLIC wall.
    Now you accuse me of "stalking" you, because I read your PUBLIC comments on PUBLIC i-Spy?

    What the fuck is wrong with you?
    Are you so delusional you think you can post PUBLIC comments but kid yourself they are "private?"

    You can't pretend to be "objective" in one thread,
    and then claim in another thread your Ti is "destructive."

    I guess you have a new speciality: Destructive objectivity.
    How original, baby blue.

  8. #118
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Stalking
    Lame.

  10. #120
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Unlike Jennifer, I don't think you have provided sufficient evidence for anyone to make a conclusion about your situation, other than that you are incompatible with this person. I would have thought being "controlling" was an admirable quality in a supervisor.

    You admitted in your first post that accusations of mental illness could just be "a really nasty rumour".
    Yes, you are right I did say that. I mentioned it possibly being a nasty rumor because I have heard no confirmation/denial from her and I did not want to assume. I don't assume someone has a mental illness because I don't get along with them. Give me some credit please.:rolli: I would actually prefer her to be autistic so I can have a reason why she behaves as she does instead of believing that she's just an asshole because the sun shines.

    ...it supports your assertion that this person is impossible to get along with.
    Oh, she is difficult. People have left the department because of her. She's been mentioned as a cause for leaving in exit interviews. I've gone to HR and they say they are well aware of the problem. But most people deal with it through leaving, avoiding, and accommodating, not by actually saying anything to her.

    I can imagine that you would be a very difficult person to supervise. Your tone can frequently be read as patronizing, condescending, hostile and you are giving to hyperbolic flourishes - though you may not see any of this yourself.
    Didn't you say this to me nearly verbatim last week? When you besmirch my character, please do so originally. I don't mind being psychoanalyzed, but I'd like to hear some new stuff to promptly disregard from you.

    Here's this thing I learned about called reframing.

    What I'm going to do is I'm going to reframe her as a unhealthy INTP (not really I'm pretty sure she's INFP but for the purposes of this post I'll call her INTP). That way, all her outbursts and toxic behavior can be chalked up to "inferior Fe." And you can call my unsubstantiated complaints inferior Ti or just being plain ol' Fe. Because laying this at the feet of the most likely cause, that she may really have some mental disorder, is offensive to you. But if it's just normal INTP behavior, to be a jerk, then all is well. So I'll give you something within your sphere of knowledge and understanding so you can have your aha moment.

    You also said you had a heated exchange with your boss, which suggests you are insubordinate.
    I say this not to be inflammatory, but just to stress that one's perceptions are merely that.
    We've had several heated exchanges. And how did you guess how much I being called insubordinate! More reframing: For a Fe-dom to be continually insubordinate, it's a very freeing experience. Screw being agreeable. Must be like an INTP actually giving a damn. Give me the social skills of an INTP and the world unfurls in front of me! (<----Hyperbolic Flourish, in case you don't know).

    Alright, I spent the last 15 minutes of my lunch responding to you and I've got to get back to doing some work. If I feel like going back and forth with you, I'll do it after quittin time.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJ-constant tug of war between liking people and needing my own space
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 08:39 AM
  2. Does anyone have the philosophy of live and let die?
    By BWCB1890 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 06:35 AM
  3. The temptation of Se and how it relates to archetypical people
    By Venom in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 04:40 AM
  4. Hello, people of Earth and anywhere else you live!
    By I'm Unregistered in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 12:50 PM
  5. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 06-27-2009, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO