User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Introverts and sleep dreams

As far as I can remember, I've never told anyone my sleep dreams. I think that my dreams are so unique to my own mysterious unconscious, that it would be weird to tell somebody about them. Plus, it keeps the dream experience special.

My sister (who I've concluded is an ENFJ) loves telling everyone her dreams. Because I don't tell her or anybody mine, I think she assumes I don't dream often or that I don't enjoy them. In fact, I dream very often and I really love it.

Do you think introverts are more likely to keep their sleep dreams private? How often do you tell people your dreams?
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be." - Dead Poets Society

Enneagram: 5w4 sp

Phantonym

It certainly depends on the person and to whom they're telling about their dreams. For example, my mother (ISFJ) blabs on and on about her dreams, but only in the family circle and with her friends.

I rarely remember my dreams unless they've been about something that really shakes me up. I don't share them often because I, too, think of the experience as special. When they're about a person close to me, then I might share the details with them. Or not.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I rarely remember dreaming. My parents (ISFJ and ENTP) are the same way, so I'm guessing this isn't related to type.

When I do remember them, I might tell someone about them if I find them amusing or odd, or if I'd had a silly dream about them. Otherwise I keep them to myself.

I haven't had a particularly disturbing or profound dream in a long time. If I did I'd almost certainly keep that to myself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I dream quite often. Don't usually tell people though. I can clearly remember certain dreams that had scarred me for life back when I was 6 years old. Sometimes I have dreams that make me wake up feeling on top of the world and sometimes I have dreams where I wake up crying.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I love telling people my dreams and hearing theirs. Don't usually remember them in any detail for long enough though. They're normally forgotten by midday for some reason. Weird that that happens.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I rarely remember any of my dreams. When I actually do, I get really excited and I have to tell someone. Well, unless it's an embarrasing one.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I usually tell people if they are extra weird.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    SEXY

I tell people my dreams, if the subject comes up. It's just another conversation topic, nothing special, and I don't believe in dream analysing and stuff.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I usually don't tell people about my dreams because I can rarely remember them. I know that I dream but all the details start slipping away within a few minutes of me waking up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1, 5

I usually only tell my partner when I have an extremely weird or scary dream that I can't figure out. Or a good friend, if asked. Other than that, I usually don't people about any of my dreams.