• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts and sleep dreams

The Unknown Essence

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
As far as I can remember, I've never told anyone my sleep dreams. I think that my dreams are so unique to my own mysterious unconscious, that it would be weird to tell somebody about them. Plus, it keeps the dream experience special.

My sister (who I've concluded is an ENFJ) loves telling everyone her dreams. Because I don't tell her or anybody mine, I think she assumes I don't dream often or that I don't enjoy them. In fact, I dream very often and I really love it.

Do you think introverts are more likely to keep their sleep dreams private? How often do you tell people your dreams?

P

Phantonym

It certainly depends on the person and to whom they're telling about their dreams. For example, my mother (ISFJ) blabs on and on about her dreams, but only in the family circle and with her friends.

I rarely remember my dreams unless they've been about something that really shakes me up. I don't share them often because I, too, think of the experience as special. When they're about a person close to me, then I might share the details with them. Or not.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I rarely remember dreaming. My parents (ISFJ and ENTP) are the same way, so I'm guessing this isn't related to type.

When I do remember them, I might tell someone about them if I find them amusing or odd, or if I'd had a silly dream about them. Otherwise I keep them to myself.

I haven't had a particularly disturbing or profound dream in a long time. If I did I'd almost certainly keep that to myself.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dream quite often. Don't usually tell people though. I can clearly remember certain dreams that had scarred me for life back when I was 6 years old. Sometimes I have dreams that make me wake up feeling on top of the world and sometimes I have dreams where I wake up crying.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love telling people my dreams and hearing theirs. Don't usually remember them in any detail for long enough though. They're normally forgotten by midday for some reason. Weird that that happens.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I rarely remember any of my dreams. When I actually do, I get really excited and I have to tell someone. Well, unless it's an embarrasing one. :blush:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I usually tell people if they are extra weird.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I tell people my dreams, if the subject comes up. It's just another conversation topic, nothing special, and I don't believe in dream analysing and stuff.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I usually don't tell people about my dreams because I can rarely remember them. :mellow: I know that I dream but all the details start slipping away within a few minutes of me waking up.

WordGeek

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I usually only tell my partner when I have an extremely weird or scary dream that I can't figure out. Or a good friend, if asked. Other than that, I usually don't people about any of my dreams.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I usually don't tell anyone about my dreams, because I like to keep them to myself, makes it more special for some reason, like OP said. Most of the time, I don't remember my dreams anyway, even though I definitely do dream every night. I knew an INFP who would have all kinds of strange dreams, and he would love telling friends about them.

G

Ginkgo

My dreams have always been an interesting part of my life because I view them as an introspective experience. Whenever I wake up to a dream, I ask myself "Why did I have it?", "What does it mean?", "What is going on in my subconscious?"

Occasionally, I'll even draw or paint my dreams. However, there is usually not enough passion to express them for whatever reason, thus many of them fall flat.

Like most people, I forget about my dreams unless I reiterate them or write them down soon after waking.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I usually only tell people about my dreams if I have a particularly wacky or amusing one, which doesn't happen that frequently (they're generally just amorphous blobs of emotion and disconnected thoughts, nothing worth telling).

Occasionally I have had dreams that had great significance to me, and I have used them as inspiration for art, but I never really tell them to people...mostly because their significance is too difficult to explain. I like thinking back on those ones though.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Usually I don't remember my dreams, so when I wake up actually knowing what my dream was about, I usually really want to tell someone.

V

violaine

As far as I can remember, I've never told anyone my sleep dreams. I think that my dreams are so unique to my own mysterious unconscious, that it would be weird to tell somebody about them. Plus, it keeps the dream experience special.

My sister (who I've concluded is an ENFJ) loves telling everyone her dreams. Because I don't tell her or anybody mine, I think she assumes I don't dream often or that I don't enjoy them. In fact, I dream very often and I really love it.

Do you think introverts are more likely to keep their sleep dreams private? How often do you tell people your dreams?

I very rarely discuss the content of my dreams. As with most things, I enjoy the thrill of keeping those things to myself. :)

My dreams feel very cinematic and I am enjoyably involved as when watching a good movie. I also have lucid dreams in which I'm aware that I am dreaming.

I love the experience of dreaming. I find my own dreams to be utterly fascinating and it's often how I work through personal issues. (I love that I work that way, it's like a little extra fail-safe tool for life tucked in my back pocket.)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I usually tell, if i remember them.

MBTI Type
INxJ
My dreams don't stand out enough to even remember them most of the time. Even if they did, I don't see any reason to withhold them from people I talk to about personal stuff.

dorcus0

MBTI Type
INTP
I generally don't remember my dreams. But the dreams I do have are either mundane or weird, and I prefer not to share such dreams with others. Mundane dreams are the stuff of small conversation, and the weird dreams (surreal, and sometimes involving sex) I don't feel comfortable sharing with others.

Come to think of it, I don't share too much of my personal life with others.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I rarely dream and most of the time they are too fragmented or I am not lucid enough to enjoy or remember them. It makes writing a dream journal tough.