First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I just keep a dream journal now

MBTI
    I

I usually don't tell anyone about my dreams, because I like to keep them to myself, makes it more special for some reason, like OP said. Most of the time, I don't remember my dreams anyway, even though I definitely do dream every night. I knew an INFP who would have all kinds of strange dreams, and he would love telling friends about them.

Ginkgo

My dreams have always been an interesting part of my life because I view them as an introspective experience. Whenever I wake up to a dream, I ask myself "Why did I have it?", "What does it mean?", "What is going on in my subconscious?"

Occasionally, I'll even draw or paint my dreams. However, there is usually not enough passion to express them for whatever reason, thus many of them fall flat.

Like most people, I forget about my dreams unless I reiterate them or write them down soon after waking.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I usually only tell people about my dreams if I have a particularly wacky or amusing one, which doesn't happen that frequently (they're generally just amorphous blobs of emotion and disconnected thoughts, nothing worth telling).

Occasionally I have had dreams that had great significance to me, and I have used them as inspiration for art, but I never really tell them to people...mostly because their significance is too difficult to explain. I like thinking back on those ones though.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

your resident asshole

Usually I don't remember my dreams, so when I wake up actually knowing what my dream was about, I usually really want to tell someone.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Essence View Post
    As far as I can remember, I've never told anyone my sleep dreams. I think that my dreams are so unique to my own mysterious unconscious, that it would be weird to tell somebody about them. Plus, it keeps the dream experience special.

My sister (who I've concluded is an ENFJ) loves telling everyone her dreams. Because I don't tell her or anybody mine, I think she assumes I don't dream often or that I don't enjoy them. In fact, I dream very often and I really love it.

Do you think introverts are more likely to keep their sleep dreams private? How often do you tell people your dreams?
    I very rarely discuss the content of my dreams. As with most things, I enjoy the thrill of keeping those things to myself.

My dreams feel very cinematic and I am enjoyably involved as when watching a good movie. I also have lucid dreams in which I'm aware that I am dreaming.

I love the experience of dreaming. I find my own dreams to be utterly fascinating and it's often how I work through personal issues. (I love that I work that way, it's like a little extra fail-safe tool for life tucked in my back pocket.)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I usually tell, if i remember them.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INxJ

My dreams don't stand out enough to even remember them most of the time. Even if they did, I don't see any reason to withhold them from people I talk to about personal stuff.

MBTI
    INTP

I generally don't remember my dreams. But the dreams I do have are either mundane or weird, and I prefer not to share such dreams with others. Mundane dreams are the stuff of small conversation, and the weird dreams (surreal, and sometimes involving sex) I don't feel comfortable sharing with others.

Come to think of it, I don't share too much of my personal life with others.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I rarely dream and most of the time they are too fragmented or I am not lucid enough to enjoy or remember them. It makes writing a dream journal tough.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.