User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INfP

Default Anyone unopinonated and indifferent?

Hello,

You are all going to think I'm some self-centered egomaniac if I keep posting topics about myself! Argh. lol
    So best guess at the moment I'm a sociable INFP. My enagram Type 9 followed by type 2. (How do I write that properly?)
    ---

Anyway, I've noticed I don't really have opinions or preferences about a lot of things. I am so good at seeing something from different views, that there isn't really anything I would say I 'hate', just things that might work better in a different context or whatever.

I think it may annoy my friends (the select few there are) a little bit, because they probably think I'm agreeing with them because I want them to like me or whatever. That isn't really the case, It's just that I can see almost straight away their perspective and thus why they like it.

Sometimes it can get to a point though where I myself forget who I am etc Like a chameleon who forgets what colour his skin actually is. lol Sometimes I catch myself and have to wonder if that is even my own opinion thought or whatever.

Anyone else experience this? If so, feel free to share your story/whatever, and if you have any suggestions, then those too!

Thanks,
    Chris

MBTI
    INTJ

Sounds to me like you're either an ENFP with underdeveloped auxiliary Fi (nothing pushes your buttons and gets you to take a stand?) or an ENFJ with undisciplined dominant Fe (allowing your priority of social harmony to hamstring your introverted processes).

Here is a related thread that ought to show what your broad-mindedness is made of: ENFX hypocrisy

Edit: Please read my tone as simply clinical.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Edit: Please read my tone as simply clinical.
    lol i read clinical as cynical

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I can actually identify with a lot of what you have to say. Most times, I don't think a stance is necessary when discussing something, because usually I'm in discussions primarily to learn something new, or gain a greater understanding of the subject, which includes understanding a certain viewpoint. Often, once I can understand why others see things the way they do, I am satisfied.

To others, this comes off as "indifferent" or "uncaring." Which I suppose is the case. My indifference to nearly everything lately is becoming something I am concerned about.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I can actually identify with a lot of what you have to say. Most times, I don't think a stance is necessary when discussing something, because usually I'm in discussions primarily to learn something new, or gain a greater understanding of the subject, which includes understanding a certain viewpoint. Often, once I can understand why others see things the way they do, I am satisfied.

To others, this comes off as "indifferent" or "uncaring." Which I suppose is the case. My indifference to nearly everything lately is becoming something I am concerned about.
    Very much true for me also. I tend to see things form other people's point of view. That's why I don't post too much on this board, I mainly read. I like to see what people like about things and understand that. Not having an opinion of my own is a bane. A lot of the topics on here are about opinions, therefore I can't relate too much.

I suppose it's like having too much empathy. Empathy that overwrites your own experience in favor of observing and learning from someone else's.

MBTI
    INfP

lol i read clinical as cynical
    lol! So did I

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Pretty much me too.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by chris09 View Post
    Hello,

You are all going to think I'm some self-centered egomaniac if I keep posting topics about myself! Argh. lol
    So best guess at the moment I'm a sociable INFP. My enagram Type 9 followed by type 2. (How do I write that properly?)
    ---

Anyway, I've noticed I don't really have opinions or preferences about a lot of things. I am so good at seeing something from different views, that there isn't really anything I would say I 'hate', just things that might work better in a different context or whatever.

I think it may annoy my friends (the select few there are) a little bit, because they probably think I'm agreeing with them because I want them to like me or whatever. That isn't really the case, It's just that I can see almost straight away their perspective and thus why they like it.

Sometimes it can get to a point though where I myself forget who I am etc Like a chameleon who forgets what colour his skin actually is. lol Sometimes I catch myself and have to wonder if that is even my own opinion thought or whatever.

Anyone else experience this? If so, feel free to share your story/whatever, and if you have any suggestions, then those too!

Thanks,
    Chris
    Jup, looks like you've just effectively described half of the typologycentral. However I've only got this with subjects that don't directly interfere with my own life. Example, I don't really have an opinion about our government sending food and money to third world countries, but if you come to my house and ask if I could spare something for the same poor hungry kids I'll politely tell you to fuck off. It's even worse if it concerns laws or obligations I'm dealing with.

Why does it concern you? I think I'm beyond that point. I don't even have an opinion about my opinionlessness.

MBTI
    INTJ

I can actually identify with a lot of what you have to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    Very much true for me also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Jup, looks like you've just effectively described half of the typologycentral.
    Do you guys identify with the following from the OP as well?

Quote Originally Posted by chris09 View Post
    I think it may annoy my friends (the select few there are) a little bit, because they probably think I'm agreeing with them because I want them to like me or whatever. (...)

---

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Pretty much me too.
    Sooo not INTJ!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Do you guys identify with the following from the OP as well?
    I don't relate to the bolded parts. He sounds like an enneagram 9w1 that hasn't realized his self importance yet.

Sooo not INTJ!
    It's closet for a reason.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)