User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Why is your country of type X?

I'm quite sure ISTJ is our national type, which is a rare occasion in the world, so I think I'll share with you some tidbits of Finnish life as I've seen it.
    -Buses are on time
    -Half the people complain there's immigrant bus drivers now, a change to what we had 20 years ago
    -if someone drinks some candy & alcohol cocktail mix and dies, the first idea everyone has is how to regulate the damn thing
    -the bureaucracies work almost exactly as told to every minute detail
    -if there's a situation that existing rules don't cover, people extrapolate from existing rules and demand a new rule to be created
    -people maintain an efficient working schedule day to day, extremely low key, unless if it's an aspect of the work to be seen and noticed
    -efficiency drives everything
    -people are generally assumed not to waste things unnecessarily, not to break the law, and very surprisingly, that works for the most part, even though this is capitalistic and consumerist society
    -if the government rips you off, you still pay your taxes, go complain on the interwebs how things should change, eventually noticing that the collective bunch of you won't have enough guts for change
    -if someone organizes a loud party, your first thoughts center around the decibels, plus if there was a proper permit applied for the party
    -government officials won't take bribes, but they won't take sensible reasoning, either
    -the first person to be quoted in almost any news story for an unusual happening, is a government official
    -changes of 1% to age old shit make the national headlines
    -half the people think what can be done to regulate themselves
    -people maintain a stoic character for the most, but loosen up when drunk - more than people in other countries
    -ranking of #2 in international rankings for governmental stability

I'll tell more stories later. Or, better yet, you tell national tales of type land XYZ.
    Last edited by UnitOfPopulation; 10-01-2009 at 02:10 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

*books a plane ticket*

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Don't forget that 'rebelling' is spraypainting on a random newly built object some letters that dont mean a thing to anyone but you.

You see more good graffiti in the states

There was an article in the paper a week or so ago about politicians still keeping their position even though they were the The Pr0nz.

Finland has the best 'mixed metal' genre. Symphonic Metal? Nightwish. Folk Metal? Finntroll or Korpiklaani.

Free food in school.

I dont think I have seen a stopsign in Finland, there are also less traffic lights, I think.

Bus drivers, in general, will help you out. Some goes for the general public.

Either way, the people Ive met in Vantaa are more interesting than the people in my Minnesota town. I guess it's a big city thing (even if Vantaa is really just a conglomeration of small towns. Asola, Korso, Koivukylä, Tikkurila, et cetera)

I haven't been here long enough to really come to any real conclusions. I still enjoy Finland, even if the language gives me a headache to remember the words and pronouncing Ys and Ös differently from Is/Us and Os. Moottoripyörällämme 'on our motorbikes.'
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Nobody is interested of the ISTJ land.

I should have written, the land where people pay the bills at the earliest time, according to an international study.

The land who's inhabitants are closest to cro-magnon, genetically (if you would believe).

So you live in Vantaa, now? Have you used the buses in the last few weeks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Omg...boring (not you, the place)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INxJ

The problem began when you listed ISTJ in the title. Most people find that topic incredibly boring. ISTJs are called the ultimate squares for a reason.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Santtu, try the other thread about countries' national types. I can't remember its title, but it's quite recent.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    The problem began when you listed ISTJ in the title. Most people find that topic incredibly boring. ISTJs are called the ultimate squares for a reason.
    I won't argue with 'squares', but I wouldn't call them boring. When they feature in fiction they can be very well loved and the most interesting, most analysed character in the piece. There's Adrian Monk, or Javert from Les Miserables, a firm fan-favourite whom creators of the musical developed from his small part in the novel into a major character with arguably the best songs. ever in the world ever...

Also, in real life, happy, well-adjusted ISTJs can be delightful. I knew one once.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I'm quite sure ISTJ is our national type, which is a rare occasion in the world, so I think I'll share with you some tidbits of Finnish life as I've seen it.
    -Buses are on time
    -Half the people complain there's immigrant bus drivers now, a change to what we had 20 years ago
    -if someone drinks some candy & alcohol cocktail mix and dies, the first idea everyone has is how to regulate the damn thing
    -the bureaucracies work almost exactly as told to every minute detail
    -if there's a situation that existing rules don't cover, people extrapolate from existing rules and demand a new rule to be created
    -people maintain an efficient working schedule day to day, extremely low key, unless if it's an aspect of the work to be seen and noticed
    -efficiency drives everything
    -people are generally assumed not to waste things unnecessarily, not to break the law, and very surprisingly, that works for the most part, even though this is capitalistic and consumerist society
    -if the government rips you off, you still pay your taxes, go complain on the interwebs how things should change, eventually noticing that the collective bunch of you won't have enough guts for change
    -if someone organizes a loud party, your first thoughts center around the decibels, plus if there was a proper permit applied for the party
    -government officials won't take bribes, but they won't take sensible reasoning, either
    -the first person to be quoted in almost any news story for an unusual happening, is a government official
    -changes of 1% to age old shit make the national headlines
    -half the people think what can be done to regulate themselves
    -people maintain a stoic character for the most, but loosen up when drunk - more than people in other countries
    -ranking of #2 in international rankings for governmental stability

I'll tell more stories later. Or, better yet, you tell national tales of type land XYZ.

Sounds like heaven.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, perhaps this could be moved to that country MBTI type thread. I'd like to read from other countries than ISTJ, too.

I'm not sure if I introduced the ISTJ land in too much of a positive light. I mean, I think there's partial merit to some of the items on the list, but I could accept a more free-flowing, joyful & initiative-driven approach for some things. Tho, I agree it's great for people to obey the law as a general rule and all that stuff.

Edit: okay I changed the topic. I think it better displays what I wanted and what's interesting. Thanks Antisocial for the hint. Have always somehow appreciated you, btw, even though you've been at times, uhh.. antisocial

Excuse me, I've had a drink or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

deleted

INFP is the official internet test taking type.