12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default The topics we talk about

I used to have the ideology that sensors talk about different topics or have different interests than intuitives. I recently figured out it's not really the case. I realise that what people talk about are the same but talked about in a different way. Sensors would talk about the topic. Intuitives would talk about the theory of the topic.
    For example:
    Most people like to talk about love and relationships yet sensors would talk about the relationships and intuitives would talk about the idea of relationships.

Academics, politics, health, work, crime, social life, sex, drugs, relationships are all things that are talked about by almost everyone.

My point is that the topics don't differ from the sensors to the intuitives. Only the way it's talked about. Personally, I don't usually like to talk about the general topics that people talk about and I like to talk about some of the most bizarre things but would that be a difference between a sensor and intuitive?

MBTI
    INXP

I agree to an extent. i think there are some topics rarely seen in each group. I have a good ESTJ friend who will talk a lot about the hierarchy of social structure where she works and how to positively influence it, which I wouldnt normally raise.

Similarly, I can't get her very interested in almost anything theoretical in its general nature eg the meaning to the universe.

I would say our intelligence levels and all are about the same, just that she is interested in different things to me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I would suppose it would depend on the individual and not generalised to the certain mbti type though.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Ns tend to be more interested in big-picture topics than Ss.

We can look at the N vs. S questions on the MBTI test itself to figure this out. For example, "You often contemplate about the complexity of life".

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Ns tend to be more interested in big-picture topics than Ss.

We can look at the N vs. S questions on the MBTI test itself to figure this out. For example, "You often contemplate about the complexity of life".
    I agree. My S side says just live life, but when things get complicated my N takes over and says we gotta figure this stuff out because S is not cutting it.

Neither lose track of the big picture, but handle it in such different ways.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I used to have the ideology that sensors talk about different topics or have different interests than intuitives. I recently figured out it's not really the case. I realise that what people talk about are the same but talked about in a different way. Sensors would talk about the topic. Intuitives would talk about the theory of the topic.
    For example:
    Most people like to talk about love and relationships yet sensors would talk about the relationships and intuitives would talk about the idea of relationships.

Academics, politics, health, work, crime, social life, sex, drugs, relationships are all things that are talked about by almost everyone.

My point is that the topics don't differ from the sensors to the intuitives. Only the way it's talked about. Personally, I don't usually like to talk about the general topics that people talk about and I like to talk about some of the most bizarre things but would that be a difference between a sensor and intuitive?
    I heard there are 3 things people talk about long ago
    1. People who talk about people
    2. People who talk about current events (sports, music, ect.)
    3. People who talk about ideas

as for talking about bizarre things.. it might be an intj/intuitive thing, and it probably falls under ideas.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I think I agree. In my conversations with sensors, they tend to glaze when I stray into abstract or metaphors or the broader picture and how the concept at hand applies. I always feel a little silly when that happens.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I often contemplate about the complexity of life, but I don't usually try and comprehend it, I just appreciate it and am in awe of it.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Mmm...yeah I think you're on to something. Going with the example of relationships, my mother (ISFJ, I'm pretty sure) is fascinated about the relationship problems of people she knows: what the neighbours were arguing about, who said what, how often this has been happening, who is more at fault, etc. She wouldn't be interested in any theories surrounding relationships though: common patterns in spousal relationships, the social forces that contribute to them, or psychological theories that explain why people often clash with each other. And I'm the opposite, so it's hard to get engaged sometimes when she talks to me.

She's got some very good qualities as a person, but we don't have great conversations.

So in the list above, "people who talk about ideas" would tend to be intuitors, while sensors pay more attention to specific people or events.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Interesting.
    I think you're probably right. I'm a person who likes to talk theories, ideas, possibilities, hopes and dreams.

I don't mind small talk anymore; although, I used to hate it. I'm not talking to anyone about what Britney Spears did, or any other celebrity. I could care less about popular culture for the most part. I like discussing politics; but yea, notice that sensors, for the most part, like to get in and get out. I like to ride the waves of confusion and contradiction. I mean, there are some conversations that I've pretty much exhausted. Like, I'm not really interested in discussing religion anymore. I just like to listen to other people's ideas now--but their ideas better be well thought out or fantasmic. If I don't feel some depth or some passion, I probably don't want to hear it.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.