• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone else have a silly switch?

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
You'd be surprised. Anyone who thinks they don't have a silly switch should take a pile of money and try their hand at trading. Your silly switch will trigger as soon as you lose money. You will proceed to make one bad decision after another until you have traded your account to zero. Each time you will smack your forehead in astonishment wondering how you could do such a silly thing.

One silly switch in particular I have is sometimes triggered in the face of control. I have a built-in need to be free of control. This need would conflict with that of another person who has a built-in need to be in control.
:yes:

P

Phantonym

Sure, I definitely have one, it can turn me into positive or negative. It can also turn others silly :devil:

Jaguar

You'd be surprised. Anyone who thinks they don't have a silly switch should take a pile of money and try their hand at trading. Your silly switch will trigger as soon as you lose money. You will proceed to make one bad decision after another until you have traded your account to zero. Each time you will smack your forehead in astonishment wondering how you could do such a silly thing.

You and I have different ideas of what a silly switch is.
And after reading your post, you have no business being a trader.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

hahaha.. ^

yea, that wasn't quite the definition of "silly switch" that I was thinking of.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hahaha.. ^

Precisely. "Silly Switch" to me is when I am just in a goofy mood.

What was described in the O.P. sounds more like engaging in a reckless series of behaviors leading into a downward spiral out of stress/fear. That's not silly! :doh: ;)

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP

A silly switch is not a life sentence. This particular silly switch has cost me a lot of money. Most traders go through it. It's a part of the learning process. I paid the markets a lot of "tuition".

Jaguar

hahaha.. ^

When my silly switch gets tripped, it takes awhile to return to normal.
Whatever the hell normal is!
I turn into a child, and can't stop laughing. :D

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I also have that kind of silly switch. That's not what I mean. I mean emotional (bad) decision making.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
o_O

That isn't a silly switch.

A silly switch is when like... someone says something funny to someone, and then everything is funny to the person who that was said to.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
You are one of the crazy bastards who trips my switch! :D hahaha.

Don't encourage him...:D

He may start posting nudes of himself. Then they will have to delete the thread.

FYI Halla...that's German(which you should know)...:harhar:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are one of the crazy bastards who trips my switch! :D hahaha.

Glad my obtuse mental vomit is of some utility. :cheese:
I've refused medication for years much to the chagrin of those around me.

Don't encourage him...:D

He may start posting nudes of himself. Then they will have to delete the thread.

I've never posted any nude photos of myself. My ass was covered by a text box with the word "CENSORED" in the middle of it. :whistling:

That, my friend, is called a loophole, which ESTPs are adept at finding under any circumstance. :happy:

FYI Halla...that's German(which you should know)...:harhar:

Lieber Gott im Himmel! Ich verstande Deutsch nicht! :newwink:

Hattest du dein Mund gehalten, war du es ein Philosof. :devil:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Dude...I was married to a German, the profanity in a language is the last part to be forgotten. :D

Jaguar

Glad my obtuse mental vomit is of some utility. :D
I've refused medication for years to the chagrin of those around me.

Nothing like putting it all together: Obtuse mental vomit. HAHAHA.

MBTI Type
INxJ
A silly switch is not a life sentence. This particular silly switch has cost me a lot of money. Most traders go through it. It's a part of the learning process. I paid the markets a lot of "tuition".

It's certainly your money to blow.

I suck at interpersonal relationships. It's like I'm wading in foreign territory, and I don't know the native language.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I am silly enough, that really I could use a sensible switch :D