123 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default Attention whoring

All input is, once again appreciated, though I'm particularly interested in that of ENTPs.

Alright, let's hear it. I want definitions. I want reason as to why it annoys you, and how. Also, whether you ever consider that your own emotional bagage may colour your perceptions on this and how they would do that. And if you would be aware if you attention whored as well. And if so, why yours is acceptable and others isnt. Is it because it's a different type of attention whoring that's less annoying? For that matter, I want different types of attentionwhoring, which one is more annoying, etc etc. Pretty please

One example to get you started:

I heard someone say once:

"People who dance, and actively learn how to dance do so to show it off and attention whore. That's what I think when I see them cruising the dance floor."
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Got no problems with people who attention whore, it's more about what kind of quality they bring, if they're funny, entertaining, aware of their impact on others and so on then I'm all for it, I like being entertained, I like seeing people have fun. Otherwise it can get annoying, particularly if they have no concern for the impact they have on others.

Online I find it annoying if a response is demanded, the 'whinyness' of a person's whoring is what bothers me the most, if someone get's attention because people are interested in them, then great, if they get it by complaining that no one is giving them attention it shits me. Online I can be called an attention whore fo' sure, I like, even need feedback from others.

Irl I find it annoying when people use disparaging humour to get attention, put others down or are generally arrogant and ignorant to those around them, like they're welcome there so long as they give them the kind of attention they would give a deity, short of that I couldn't care less. Irl I'm not an attention whore, I can handle attention but can go without and often prefer to. Someone dancing retardedly in the middle of a dance floor will prolly make me giggle, I love when people let go and just don't care how stupid they look, dancing is about having fun, not looking good.

Those who look for attention because they like gathering people around and having fun and think life should be one huge party are cool by me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Total attention whore at times (but not when I'm busy)....

FLASH TITS

Yes i'm aware of it, underneth it all it's pretty F really its looking for approval/affirmation in a T way...

I don't want to be seen as a pretty girl (which it decorative), I want to be seen as someone who is bright and can contributed etc...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Vying for attention, in and of itself, doesn't bother me. It's how someone is doing it that may or may not bother me.

For instance, innocently bringing something that you did to everyone's attention does not bother me. I may ignore it, but it doesn't bother me at least.

On the other hand, I've dealt with people that have this bad habit of bringing other people's faults into light, in order to bring attention to their "awesomeness." I have a friend that used to do this, and it took nearly all of his long-time friends (myself included) black-listing him for a couple of weeks for him to finally realize that no one worth spending time with is appreciative of that behavior.

Edit: Basically, what Trinity said.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

"People who dance, and actively learn how to dance do so to show it off and attention whore. That's what I think when I see them cruising the dance floor."
    Talk about projection issues. Jesus.

That quote is by an insecure person who doesn't realize people dance because they love to dance.
    It's a form of creative expression, no different than painting or singing.

The fact they interpret it as being an "attention whore" is their way of covering up for the fact they feel inferior, since they have no ability to dance.
    Nor can they see the joy dancing gives to people.

What will that person say next-- all the guys on a football field are "attention whores" because they are engaging in a sport they enjoy?
    Tell the person to get psychological help.

MBTI
    I

Attention whoring can be pretty amusing on the Internet. In real life, it can be annoying. I'm not an attention whore, at least I try not to be.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Got no problems with people who attention whore, it's more about what kind of quality they bring, if they're funny, entertaining, aware of their impact on others and so on then I'm all for it, I like being entertained, I like seeing people have fun. Otherwise it can get annoying, particularly if they have no concern for the impact they have on others.

Online I find it annoying if a response is demanded, the 'whinyness' of a person's whoring is what bothers me the most, if someone get's attention because people are interested in them, then great, if they get it by complaining that no one is giving them attention it shits me. Online I can be called an attention whore fo' sure, I like, even need feedback from others.
    Agree, it is not so much the attention whore issue I find repugnant but how it is done. Positive or clever is the best kind. Strictly negative confrontational and humor that is less clever and more smarmy is off-putting. As attention whores who overreact (particularly when they think they are justified in doing), are vulgar, are brutish, over moralizing, bullying, or just a beating a dead horse till its dead/windbags.

On line I can see occasionally saying something confrontational and the other side getting their back but when it continues into other threads that you two happen to share on some neutral subject is lame. On line you cant take the difference outside and handle it like men so it makes the flaming troll attention whore even more annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

Irl I find it annoying when people use disparaging humour to get attention, put others down or are generally arrogant and ignorant to those around them, like they're welcome there so long as they give them the kind of attention they would give a deity, short of that I couldn't care less. Irl I'm not an attention whore, I can handle attention but can go without and often prefer to. Someone dancing retardedly in the middle of a dance floor will prolly make me giggle, I love when people let go and just don't care how stupid they look, dancing is about having fun, not looking good.

Those who look for attention because they like gathering people around and having fun and think life should be one huge party are cool by me.
    totally the way i see it too. as long as your cool and funny it's fine by me....otherwise shut the hell up please you're distracting me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

I can be an attention whore at times, probably more so on the internet then real life. But I can't say it doesn't bothers me sometimes, if I'm in a whoring mood but that's just because more attention is being paid to the other person and i get jealous. Most of the time I look at the other person and shrug. or go ok, or yup, or that's nice. Sometimes I love being the center of attention other times I don't want anyone know I exist and it usually varies between those extremes.

and on dancing I don't think dancing is neccesairly done for attention whoring. I like to dance I can't dance I sometimes dance when I'm home by myself I sometimes even sing the doom song[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZpxvz0eGo"]Doom song[/YOUTUBE] when I'm home by myself and sometimes when I'm with others, who promptly tell me to shut up.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Attention whoring isn't all that bad. Sometimes it's just hard to get people to talk about you for once!