User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Insecurity, attention seeking. if insecure, feel that extra attention is needed to feel like one is whole. So, whoring... is excessive seeking of attention merely because that attention is needed to feel secure.

I don't mind it, if not overdone. And if there is SOME point to the attention seeking over and above needing it.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I think the disdain can best be summed up in three words: "Get over yourself". Why in those circumstances does your personal need for validation outweigh the group's interest?

I'm aware that I bring attention to myself excessively at times, but usually it's in pursuit of an exterior objective. The idea that I have to keep my mouth shut, even when I know the answer, because other people are annoyed by the "know it all" is something I'm still getting comfortable with, but I don't think I'll ever be used two, for a couple of reasons. First, isn't it more important that the problem be solved, the question answered, the knowledge unearthed, for all of our sake? Second, you think its comfortable for me to sit there in awkwardness as the room sits silently unable to answer? How does that make all of us look?

MBTI
    INTP

What does that make you? Attention pimps? Drama pimps?

The whole purpose of the internet forum is built on the foundation of attention whoring.
    Put it in light of the fact, it is about the freedom of self-expression.

My purpose here though is not attention whoring, I am here to investigate and see people's responses to my opinions.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm 'attention whoring' on forums in order to get the most feedback and have a good time.

I'd be bored with the place if I didn't do that, and what could I possibly be doing then? Working? Actually working? *shivers*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Serious fishing for compliments (by putting yourself down), when it's obviously someone fishing for complements, is the type that gets to me, other than that I'm not really bothered.

EDIT: I guess it annoys me beacause often they're better than quite alot of others in the aspect they put themself down. Like myfriend who was all 'Sorry about my hideous scrawl' (about hand writing), when she's got possibly the easiest handwriting to read, and it's not even something to appologise for.

Personally I'm guilty of needing attention from authority figures (being teacher's pet - Kinda Hermiony Granger style), particularly those in creative subjects, I only noticed it a few days ago, creepily. It's kind've (really) weird, spending years not noticing how desperate you are for a particular sort of person's attention and approval.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Shame on you for posting bukake photos.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

The only ETPs I knew for a long time were annoying attention whores. Meeting a couple 'good versions' of these types really help me correct my view of them. The good ENTP was a Bostonian, and the good ESTP was a Swiss exchange student.

The attention whoring of an ESTP is really, trying to sell a person on their perspective and being quite forward with it. It may not be bad for other types but for my INFJ-ness it is really irritating since I can already see he perspective, but don't find it any better than perspective B or C. Thankfully he was a pretty cool guy besides that. But he had eyes for the INFj i liked so he WAS the enemy!

The ENTP did similar, but he would be more sly with his arguments and sometimes just go into absurd territory to defend his argument. The only time he would stop is if you said something he thought was so incredibly stupid or stubborn that he would deem you 'inflexibly retarded.' Reall, I think the whole thing was so my attention would be fixed on him. He would also debate with the teacher during class about the most trivial things. If I call him out on it I become an enemy.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Look! Look at me!