• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

E Confirmation

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It says that E seeks for confirmation with other people. That implies I doesnt.

How can that I attitude then work exactly ?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
the absence of one thing is a thing in itself ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
would explain at least why I get angry when IJ types try to tell me about the world

Doesnt even mean they are wrong, but they are in no position to be right also.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Well, you're an E and you posted this thread to seek confirmation on your idea, did you not?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well, you're an E and you posted this thread to seek confirmation on your idea, did you not?

ouh, you're on fire today.

There's a bee in my room, why is there a bee in my room

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
would explain at least why I get angry when IJ types try to tell me about the world

Doesnt even mean they are wrong, but they are in no position to be right also.
exactly!

and hahaha!!! :smile:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

Well, that works for me. I don't usually seek confirmation from anyone but myself. Not sure if it's an E/I thing though.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

For an IP type you confirm things on your own, we are very observant.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, that works for me. I don't usually seek confirmation from anyone but myself. Not sure if it's an E/I thing though.

For an IP type you confirm things on your own, we are very observant.

hmhm, that was what I thought.

It's an intresting thing you know. Living in a certain environment will bring you in a certain mood. If for example in the extreme case an I is never to interface his thoughts with the real world, but instead learns from books, movies and mainly observation, he is in 1 set of mind for his whole life. Namely his own.

That's just an extreme example and prolly not happening in real life, but it's intresting to imagine what it would be like.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hmhm, that was what I thought.

It's an intresting thing you know. Living in a certain environment will bring you in a certain mood. If for example in the extreme case an I is never to interface his thoughts with the real world, but instead learns from books, movies and mainly observation, he is in 1 set of mind for his whole life. Namely his own.

That's just an extreme example and prolly not happening in real life, but it's intresting to imagine what it would be like.

The crazy thing with an ISTP is that despite the fac that we are S and not N my theories seem to align pretty well with real life. Its just the interacting part that I seem to have problems with. I understand so many patterns and theories and can apply them in so many different ways and link them all together because I figured them all out on my own and know the inner workings behind it all because I did the foot work myself. But I have problems explaining them with the correct words and ideas.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

That makes me curious, as to why I's and E's would seek out other people. I wouldn't seek out other people until I hit a mental roadblock or created a finished product. If I reached a point where I couldn't continue my thought process further, I would seek out others for input. If I had processed something internally enough to think I had a finished idea, I would seek others to find out if there were flaws in my logic.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
That makes me curious, as to why I's and E's would seek out other people. I wouldn't seek out other people until I hit a mental roadblock or created a finished product. If I reached a point where I couldn't continue my thought process further, I would seek out others for input. If I had processed something internally enough to think I had a finished idea, I would seek others to find out if there were flaws in my logic.

+1

Does this screw with your theory? :p

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If for example in the extreme case an I is never to interface his thoughts with the real world, but instead learns from books, movies and mainly observation, he is in 1 set of mind for his whole life. Namely his own.

I usually watch cartoons, kids movies, action, and comedies. I dont learn from these things. I read to learn, I try. I read every point of view I can. I dont judge, I dont pick a side because I dont have to. I am open to everything until the situation arises and then I learn how I really feel. I dont act like I know or understand how I will feel. So my 1 set of mind encompasses so many different views that it really is not my own, but a compilation of everyone else. Isnt that really who we all are, we just go about in different ways to find out how I feel as an individual which you can never really know until it happens. The kicker is 5 minutes later you may feel different ;)

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
That's funny, I'm an I and I always seek confirmation. I feel like I haven't quite reached that certainty with myself yet where I can trust my judgement alone. When I have to make a decision, I need the help and imput of people I trust. This is probably more a combination of my P and and a lack of self confidence than my being I or E.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's just dependent upon which function you're using.

Es seek external validation for their dominant functions because the dominant function is extroverted.

Is seek external validation for their secondary extroverted function; you just don't see it as often.