User Tag List

First 12

Thread: E Confirmation

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Well, you're an E and you posted this thread to seek confirmation on your idea, did you not?
    That makes me curious, as to why I's and E's would seek out other people. I wouldn't seek out other people until I hit a mental roadblock or created a finished product. If I reached a point where I couldn't continue my thought process further, I would seek out others for input. If I had processed something internally enough to think I had a finished idea, I would seek others to find out if there were flaws in my logic.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    That makes me curious, as to why I's and E's would seek out other people. I wouldn't seek out other people until I hit a mental roadblock or created a finished product. If I reached a point where I couldn't continue my thought process further, I would seek out others for input. If I had processed something internally enough to think I had a finished idea, I would seek others to find out if there were flaws in my logic.
    +1

Does this screw with your theory? :P

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    If for example in the extreme case an I is never to interface his thoughts with the real world, but instead learns from books, movies and mainly observation, he is in 1 set of mind for his whole life. Namely his own.
    I usually watch cartoons, kids movies, action, and comedies. I dont learn from these things. I read to learn, I try. I read every point of view I can. I dont judge, I dont pick a side because I dont have to. I am open to everything until the situation arises and then I learn how I really feel. I dont act like I know or understand how I will feel. So my 1 set of mind encompasses so many different views that it really is not my own, but a compilation of everyone else. Isnt that really who we all are, we just go about in different ways to find out how I feel as an individual which you can never really know until it happens. The kicker is 5 minutes later you may feel different

MBTI
    INFP

That's funny, I'm an I and I always seek confirmation. I feel like I haven't quite reached that certainty with myself yet where I can trust my judgement alone. When I have to make a decision, I need the help and imput of people I trust. This is probably more a combination of my P and and a lack of self confidence than my being I or E.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

It's just dependent upon which function you're using.

Es seek external validation for their dominant functions because the dominant function is extroverted.

Is seek external validation for their secondary extroverted function; you just don't see it as often.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?