User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Depression.... :(

I was wondering how one defines depression, or even how would you notice it within yourself?? OK... so the dictionary definies it as follows, "a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity. Sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy" Ok so this seems to me to make the word dperssion an umbrella term under which you have low self-esteem, gloomy emotional state and indifference.

So how do you experience depression, all three? I have a tendancy more towards indifference. Also if someone is experiencing emotinal rollercoaster, similar to that defined as manic depression, are they still depressed even during 'high' points. It seems that under this broad definition someone could be in a constant state of depression. Esp if they are an NF . So perhaps then depression is just being aware of your emotions and having an increased sensitivity??!!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I've wondered, too.

Sometimes I mix up phases of intense emotional behavior/mood swings/feeling like shit with depression. I know it's not depressive behavior, but I still know how it feels to be down in the dumps.

It's so weird...I see to draw energy from melancholy. I draw pride from pain and feel that it contributes to my soul the more I take on. Strong Enneagram Type 4 or what!?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP

HAHAHAHAHAHA It may be an ENFP thing... I'm type 7 but I have a strange thing about pain being good for the soul!? Sometimes I actually fear being too happy incase it hinders my growth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I've been going through a Major Depressive Episode since March. It really makes you sad. For me it does the following:

Severe, sustained low mood
    Very low self esteem
    Skewed self image (Seeing negative mental of physical qualities in oneself others would not identify in you)
    Lack of Motivation
    Insomnia
    Weight Gain
    Despair
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA It may be an ENFP thing... I'm type 7 but I have a strange thing about pain being good for the soul!? Sometimes I actually fear being too happy incase it hinders my growth

Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

There's being in a sad mood, having an off couple of days, being in a funk...

and then there's depression.

Depression is all of the above, multiplied by a magnitude of 3 over a period of two weeks or more. Depression feels like you've been dragged through the dirt and left stranded. It feels like you're alone and you don't know what to do with anything. You feel sad, but more often than not, you feel tired in a very emotional and spiritual way. Sort of like being tired of existing, but you don't want to kill yourself necessarily. You're just tired of everyday being so hard to get through with enough energy to take care of things that need to be done and care about the people in your life. When depression is pretty severe, you might not even have the energy to eat, do something that might bring you some momentary joy, or even get out of bed. Your thoughts are slow and ponderous, often going over what you think is wrong repeatedly throughout your waking hours. Because of this, you may get sucked into a negative spiral of thought where your mood dives lower and lower the more you think about the situation, and it's very difficult to stop thinking about what you feel is wrong or think about the problem from a different perspective.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENFP

Wow just two weeks... would you say that is all it takes to be feeling like this before it actually becomes depression!?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I think I may suffer from anxiety. Very mild, but I do. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, and don't do too well under stress. And with a poor nights sleep, these traits can really make for a real sloppy cake. Then I get depressed for a while..

MBTI
    ENFP

WOW yea... I have really bad anxiety and hypochondria... I also suffer with insomnia, however, I very rarely link that up with my low moods... however, thanks for joining the dots. It me it seems as though the two are not related because the low mood doesn't seem to be related to anything in my head whilst the anxiety is all about my head and then sometimes my physical being... however, we are a whole person... so I should be looking at this holistically

MBTI
    ENFP

The other thing I wanna know is if anyone gets the other side of the coin which is really high highs.... to the point that they would almost call them manic highs??