User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    The other thing I wanna know is if anyone gets the other side of the coin which is really high highs.... to the point that they would almost call them manic highs??
    Yes.

The world's a roller coaster
    And I am not strapped in
    Maybe I should hold with care
    But my hands are busy in the air saying..

Oh, sorry..got lost in an Incubus song.

I have mood swings, too. LOL.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The thing that brings me down about depression isn't the moods, but the lack of motivation I experience. I've learned how to control my moods, so I know how to make myself happy and all through depression, but it just seems like nothing matters to me at all. Nothing needs to get done... and anything, ANYTHING that I could do just seems like it would be worse than sitting around. It's very annoying.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    The thing that brings me down about depression isn't the moods, but the lack of motivation I experience. I've learned how to control my moods, so I know how to make myself happy and all through depression, but it just seems like nothing matters to me at all. Nothing needs to get done... and anything, ANYTHING that I could do just seems like it would be worse than sitting around. It's very annoying.
    God, typical of us NPs. I hear you man..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Now what you're talking about is Bipolar I and II, which is totally different territory.

My male XXXX (Yes, he's 52% or lower on all of his letters, he tested INFP with 51I 52N 52F 51P) cousin has Bipolar I, and it is really hard for him.

I personally suffer from MDD and Anxiety Disorder...

It really takes lots out of you.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP

Yea me too I mean are we just finding out that depression is just another word for NF!!!???
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP

OOOOH and Gewitter.... I hear that Neptune is one greatplace to be mind if I join you?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    God, typical of us NPs. I hear you man..
    It's odd, the best way that I can get out of depression is just by talking to people that I like, or making some sort of new intimate bond with someone, that always makes me feel good.

For ENFPs, they probably get bored and lost in Ne land, and from a lack of stimulation they easily get depressed, and then from the depression they don't want to get stimulation and it just gets worse.

INFPs are just emo. For me I'm guessing it's hormones that are to blame.

I've noticed though, that I honestly haven't bad any mood swings that were that bad or been depressed since I started to work out... and I feel great too as a result.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It's odd, the best way that I can get out of depression is just by talking to people that I like, or making some sort of new intimate bond with someone, that always makes me feel good.

For ENFPs, they probably get bored and lost in Ne land, and from a lack of stimulation they easily get depressed, and then from the depression they don't want to get stimulation and it just gets worse.

INFPs are just emo. For me I'm guessing it's hormones that are to blame.

I've noticed though, that I honestly haven't bad any mood swings that were that bad or been depressed since I started to work out... and I feel great too as a result.

Good tip... just wish I could take the advice and actually stick to it for more than two days WIll try though... May help to calm the mania too... That is also equally as annoying when you have sooooooo much energy and not enough to do with it... Makes you feel like you want to chuck a chair through a window or something.... I should so take up an extreme sport... I think I have had such advice before

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

OOOOH and Gewitter.... I hear that Neptune is one greatplace to be mind if I join you?
    Certainly, but remember: We have very expensive architecture and vehicles that can stand our winds (which reach 1000 miles per hour), and because of these winds it is hard to travel, and cities move around constantly. Where we've really excelled is Communication Technology (Hence my prescence), so you're going to have to get accustomed to transportation often taking a few Days...

Plus It'll take you many years to reach us, and if your calculations are even slightly off you may miss us entirely. It'll take lots out of your life. Are you ready to sacrifice pretty much the rest of your life for a visit?

I have severe mood swings, just not bad enough to be classified as Bipolar II. One of my Psychologists was looking at that, but my results came up a bit short on that, so I'd say I'm more Bipolar III, although there is no such thing XP
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow just two weeks... would you say that is all it takes to be feeling like this before it actually becomes depression!?
    Two weeks is the time that is "officially" the point at which the episode could be considered a depressive episode. At least from what I recall in researching the matter a year ago.

Yea me too I mean are we just finding out that depression is just another word for NF!!!???
    No, depression is NOT another word for NF. It's a serious issue that can affect ANYONE, and I do not think any type is necessarily more predisposed to suffering from depression. I am of the mind that depressive tendencies are somewhat genetic, since I have seen these tendencies pass right down through my family:

Father's mother => Father => Me

And anxiety issues as well:

Mother's mother => Mother

But whether or not it's complete genetic or a result of being raised in that kind of environment is unknown to me. At the very least, tendencies for certain outlooks on life might be hereditary because it could be a result of certain patterns in neuron communication that are inherited.

(And for the record, the only probable NFs in the above scenarios are myself and maybe my mother's mother. My father is likely some kind of TJ and my father's mother was type "Super unbalanced" and my mother is likely an SFJ.)
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost