• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just because you're an N....

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1252187019046.jpg

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
doesn't mean you're a genius or special or unique. You can't fully understand things unless you've experience them so for the love of anything quit deluding yourself, nor can you know someone else's motives unless they tell you and even then it could be a lie. Psychics don't exist, and N=/=psychic thank you.

Damn it!! Party pooper!! You're telling me I don't have Nenuis Telligence? So what am I supposed to do now?

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
"Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else" ;)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
N = imaginative perception. that's pretty much it.

some people can't live without it and deify it (such as myself), bc it allows them to feel like themselves, to communicate with far more richness, and to sense the relationships and invisible connections that hold the world together.

that the brain could be processing information and have a eureeka moment is definitely not just a product of N vs S, altho N types will be working on a different type of information in the background than S types that leads up to it. S types can process a lot of information too, just like N types, but S types can't bend the streams of data quite like N types can. yet their problem-solving abilities show that in many cases this is an advantage for them.

N does correlate almost perfectly with the 5 factor category of openness. imaginative perception, using it, opens up possibilities, consideration for alternative perspectives, and linguistic play (re-framing) before judgment starts kicking in. the N types who lead with judgment first sometimes forget the possibilities that iNtuition opens up, new ways of seeing that drastically effect the possible pathways their judgments can take. and the N dom types often forget to stick with their perceptions and flesh them out, articulate/explicate them, and develop them into solid arguments bc they feel too lazy and like they deserve the right-a-way.

by nature N is more of a seeking perceptual system, it is always looking for the best perception, best imaginative experience it can surmise/project. S is more cut and dry, it is what it is, etc, whereas N keeps looking for more/new ways of seeing.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
The world is just illusion and it doesn't matter anyway.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
People aren't special or genius just because they're N and they should never claim to be. The N needs to be combined with I, T, and P for genius to take effect.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
you are alone and you don't exist.

You missed out on logic there :huh:...huu, actually...was there ever any logic in the first place...

EDIT:
People aren't special or genius just because they're N and they should never claim to be. The N needs to be combined with I, T, and P for genius to take effect.

:D

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP

Yeah, you tell em!! INTPs are special, gosh darn it!!

MBTI Type
INxJ
You've rained on my parade. I'm going to release the glittery unicorns now.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
You are you're own worse enemies :hi:. Sentiment is not quite right. You know what I mean.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
oh is this thread because of the fourth season of heroes? like we are all trying to be normal now? i get it. shhhhh... i'll be normal now. :newwink:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
no, but there are plenty of other things that make me a genius.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
oh is this thread because of the fourth season of heroes? like we are all trying to be normal now? i get it. shhhhh... i'll be normal now. :newwink:

wtf?! I don't watch that shitty show.