• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intuitard Moments

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
A response to the amusing and hilarious Sensotard Moments thread!

Our Martian brethren and sistren are not the only silly ones! Sometimes we sensors can get a bit lost when it comes to anything beyond the immediately detectable.

Intuitard Moments

I have these all the time when my ENTP best friend is trying to explain something to me. It's not usually a complicated theory or anything, either. It's something everyday but he puts together all these components of it in such a way that it just boggles my mind and I can't follow. He seems to want me to understand the gist of something and be able to put it all together from there, but I just can't.

Also, he'll use alot of pronouns or technical terms and gets frustrated when he has to go back and explain it all over again. He'll ask me why I didn't get what he was talking about when I could've implied it by logical deduction. I'm just like, uh? :huh: Sorry...

I wish I could think up some examples because although I'm making it sound like he's the silly one, sometimes when I don't get something I end up looking just plain dumb.

Anyone else?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A response to the amusing and hilarious Sensotard Moments thread!

Our Martian brethren and sistren are not the only silly ones! Sometimes we sensors can get a bit lost when it comes to anything beyond the immediately detectable.

Intuitard Moments

I have these all the time when my ENTP best friend is trying to explain something to me. It's not usually a complicated theory or anything, either. It's something everyday but he puts together all these components of it in such a way that it just boggles my mind and I can't follow. He seems to want me to understand the gist of something and be able to put it all together from there, but I just can't.

Also, he'll use alot of pronouns or technical terms and gets frustrated when he has to go back and explain it all over again. He'll ask me why I didn't get what he was talking about when I could've implied it by logical deduction. I'm just like, uh? :huh: Sorry...

I wish I could think up some examples because although I'm making it sound like he's the silly one, sometimes when I don't get something I end up looking just plain dumb.

Anyone else?

Would this be something along the lines of intuitard?

Sensor: "Dude, that looks just like a stick"
Intuitor: "That is a stick, dumb ass"
Sensor: "Thats what I said"

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I need tangible examples and applications to understand a theory fully. I can read up on and it and understand the fundamentals on it, but I'm at a loss if I don't see a concrete application of it.

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
My INFJ friend always uses poetic language to describe what he's thinking, and I often have to ask him to 'cut the fluff' and to stop getting so damn poetic on me! I don't care about how it seemed like an endless journey to a bottom of the well in which a drop of blood could be the end of time--- cut to the chase and stop using metaphors. Some people just really love to be descriptive like that.

Also, I tend to annoy most people by constantly asking them questions about specifics. They'll say. 'I don't feel good.' And I'll ask why. And then they explain why I ask why on different details until they've pumped out a good paragraph of details that they just should have told in the begining. Most people pick up on this habit of mine and they just start answering the question before I respond 'why is that?'

harrrrrrrr

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Would this be something along the lines of intuitard?

Sensor: "Dude, that looks just like a stick"
Intuitor: "That is a stick, dumb ass"
Sensor: "Thats what I said"
hah, wouldn't doubt it! :laugh:

I know there are similar examples, but I'm too tired to think of any right now.

I need tangible examples and applications to understand a theory fully. I can read up on and it and understand the fundamentals on it, but I'm at a loss if I don't see a concrete application of it.
Yep! It gets to the point sometimes where I worry if I'm really a dunce. A person can explain something in the simplest of terms but if they don't give an example, I'm at a complete loss. :huh:

My INFJ friend always uses poetic language to describe what he's thinking, and I often have to ask him to 'cut the fluff' and to stop getting so damn poetic on me! I don't care about how it seemed like an endless journey to a bottom of the well in which a drop of blood could be the end of time--- cut to the chase and stop using metaphors. Some people just really love to be descriptive like that.

Also, I tend to annoy most people by constantly asking them questions about specifics. They'll say. 'I don't feel good.' And I'll ask why. And then they explain why I ask why on different details until they've pumped out a good paragraph of details that they just should have told in the begining. Most people pick up on this habit of mine and they just start answering the question before I respond 'why is that?'

harrrrrrrr

+1

All of that! Yes!

People sometimes get exasperated with how many questions I ask, or at least seem to be put off balance. But for me the concept is in the details of it.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I said to someone on here recently that i didn't realise OkCupid was a dating site .. A lot of the tests on here are done via that site.

I wasn't until a day or so later that i saw the forest through the tree's and realised the name of the site .. Okcupid :doh:. Kind of makes sense.

Thank god that doesn't happen to often. I was embarrassed to go back to the thread and make aware my error. :blush:

lol.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I have an inuitard moment every time someone tries to get me to visualize something that I can't see at the moment. The less descriptive they are, the harder it is for me.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
why would you "intelligent" types want to hang out with sensors who are embarrassingly dumb? you do have your own kind with whom to discuss your "inner circle" ideas. often i think you mean to get your jollies by making theories seem like facts when presented to a sensor who in turn really believes them or is just too baffled by your "wit" to reply to you.

yeah, funny, huh.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
perfect one in regards to programming.

Me: I did..........(very long explination).............(keeps going).
Intuit: yeah thats called xyz pattern. its used to ......
Me: Oh, i should learn patterns. I saw it used here and changed it to do...
Intuit: never thought about using it that way

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have an inuitard moment every time someone tries to get me to visualize something that I can't see at the moment. The less descriptive they are, the harder it is for me.

You know, if all intuitard moments are described this way, I have a feeling that this thread will be less interesting than the sensotard one.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Don't know about one moment, but sometimes I can't for the life of me come up with ideas. I can't understand theory unless there are pictures or examples showing the theory in use. Tried my hardest to understand symbolism, metaphors, and other literary devices but couldn't get very far.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
You know, if all intuitard moments are described this way, I have a feeling that this thread will be less interesting than the sensotard one.

Yeah. If only I could remember some real-life examples, I think a few people might laugh at me. I tend to be pretty slow sometimes when people are trying to explain something if they're not really literal or pictorial or somesuch.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My intuitard moments actually makes me feel good, I think its my tert Ni getting validated. I feel like hell yeah, I figured it out on my own. By the time I reach this I know the inner workings pretty good and have used it in several different situations :) So intuitard for me is actually validating.

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
When a sensor completely misses sarcasm or irony -- a friend was describing driving out to see a building on fire one evening and I said "that sounds like such a small-town thing to do" and she says, "Oh, no, XXXXXXXX (insert the name of a major metropolitan area that everyone is familiar with here) is a large city.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
My intuitard moments actually makes me feel good, I think its my tert Ni getting validated. I feel like hell yeah, I figured it out on my own. By the time I reach this I know the inner workings pretty good and have used it in several different situations :) So intuitard for me is actually validating.
huh? I think I'm having an intuitard moment here. :huh:

What are you figuring out while having an intuitard moment?

When a sensor completely misses sarcasm or irony -- a friend was describing driving out to see a building on fire one evening and I said "that sounds like such a small-town thing to do" and she says, "Oh, no, XXXXXXXX (insert the name of a major metropolitan area that everyone is familiar with here) is a large city.

hahaha! Yes, that too. Man, I've done that my whole life and always felt stupid for it. I thought I was just unusually obtuse. :blush:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm having an intuitard moment trying to interpret most of this thread, especially the post about intelligent types.

deleted
Sometimes if I want to make an intuitard person get something, I change the subject.

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
Can intuitors have intuitard moments too?

I often feel like I'm missing large swathes of meaning in the conversations I'm allegedly part of - this is partly because I tune out/don't always pay attention, but it's also because when people embed implications at the social level, I tend to miss them. Someone will say something about someone else, everyone around me seems to understand this to mean something, and then they're moving on with that information while I'm still trying to catch up. I also miss other kinds of social/communicative cues, so that people will start talking about some situation some other people are in as if it's common knowledge, but I missed the cues that clued everyone else in, so it's all shocking revelations to me. At these times, I feel quite intuitard.

deleted
That's not intuitard. That's extravertard or ethicstard. I tend to see what youre describing as an F thing.