Thread: An uneasy mind.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default An uneasy mind.

I've been irritated for the past 2 days. No peace of mind. I'm not sure what's causing it. I'm currently on holiday and have nothing to do so there's no working stress. I've just been living normally. This uneasy feeling is starting to piss me off. Would anyone be able to help?
    I usually hate asking for help but I'm making this a rare exception.

I'm not sure if this is the right category to place this thread but it seems the closest.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

MBTI theory suggests you do some self-reflection and get some cuddles

In all seriousness, there's gotto be a reason that you are in fact irritated..so take this rare moment that you have time to examine your inner self and give your soul some much needed introspection. It truly can be enlightning and uplifting

Meanwhile, do this while taking a nice bath, or doing some other mindless activity you very much enjoy. Go out and experience something new for that matter. Have a meaningful conversation with a friend. Anything, take your pick
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

It sounds like anxiety to me.. Most would say "just relax" but that can be impossible. Find something to occupy your mind. Go to a movie or for a walk or something. Do something out of the ordinary that you can immerse yourself in for a while.

MBTI
    ENTP

If you are anxious, go do some working out or at least a long walk, it helps burn the energy that causes anxiety (there is an astrology reason)

Entropie had a thread yesterday on Listlessness... might be worth checking out

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    MBTI theory suggests you do some self-reflection and get some cuddles

In all seriousness, there's gotto be a reason that you are in fact irritated..so take this rare moment that you have time to examine your inner self and give your soul some much needed introspection. It truly can be enlightning and uplifting

Meanwhile, do this while taking a nice bath, or doing some other mindless activity you very much enjoy. Go out and experience something new for that matter. Have a meaningful conversation with a friend. Anything, take your pick
    Yay for self reflection and cuddles. Haha.
    Examining my inner self? Sounds interesting. I'll definately look into it if it would help me overcome this irritation. Also, a nice bath sounds a bit nice right about now. Thanks! I'm not going to talk to any friends though. They'd stress me out
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post
    It sounds like anxiety to me.. Most would say "just relax" but that can be impossible. Find something to occupy your mind. Go to a movie or for a walk or something. Do something out of the ordinary that you can immerse yourself in for a while.
    I've tried to "just relax". It never works. Tis impossible as you said. Yea, I'll just go do a bit of exercising to hopefully remove the irritation.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    If you are anxious, go do some working out or at least a long walk, it helps burn the energy that causes anxiety (there is an astrology reason)

Entropie had a thread yesterday on Listlessness... might be worth checking out
    Never knew that. Thanks! Replacing the anxiety with a bit of exercise sounds like a nice thing to do. I'll also check the thread on Listlessness if it'd help.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, what do you think is going on? Take a guess if you have to, usually the first thing that pops in your mind is the right answer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You might have answered your own question. Finishing a large project can produce a pseudo kind of post-partum depression in some people. Maybe they're easily understimulated and need something to focus on; maybe they're easily attached to things and grieve the loss. Anyway, it's possible that you're irritated precisely because of the lack of working stress. Try volunteering at a local charity and see if that helps.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I've been irritated for the past 2 days. No peace of mind. I'm not sure what's causing it. I'm currently on holiday and have nothing to do so there's no working stress. I've just been living normally. This uneasy feeling is starting to piss me off. Would anyone be able to help?
    I usually hate asking for help but I'm making this a rare exception.

I'm not sure if this is the right category to place this thread but it seems the closest.
    In bold is your problem. Solution: find something engaging to do.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

i agree about the worklessness you may be experiencing. when i was very young-early twenties-i was my best when i had a schedule of things that i needed to do. if i had vacation or nothing to push me i was in anxiety mode. not sure if my anxiety came first or after the lack of things to do, but at some point i found out that engaged mentality was better for me. lots of things made me reflect on my lack of productivity though, so find some easy gratifying way to fill your restless moments. don't take on a big project like some artistic statement, that may put you back in a funk, but do find work that earns some money or helps you feel valuable in some way.

also, when young i found most friends were quite flighty and/or into themselves so much or boring or disturbed, that they had nothing to offer me when i was discontented. if i were smarter i could have been studying the great people's work at the time, but i wasn't. i was stuck sucking my negative air too much. i couldn't move nor think enough to pick up a book. i had no money to buy any either. my life was miserable at those times. gawd why'd you make me think of this, now i'm all remorseful.

not really, i'm not remorseful. life gives us our lessons, all we have to do is take advantage of them! but you know that already, right?

Ginkgo

I've been stressed too lately. Are you getting enough sleep? I hope so.