• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

An uneasy mind.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been irritated for the past 2 days. No peace of mind. I'm not sure what's causing it. I'm currently on holiday and have nothing to do so there's no working stress. I've just been living normally. This uneasy feeling is starting to piss me off. Would anyone be able to help?
I usually hate asking for help but I'm making this a rare exception.

I'm not sure if this is the right category to place this thread but it seems the closest.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MBTI theory suggests you do some self-reflection and get some cuddles :D

In all seriousness, there's gotto be a reason that you are in fact irritated..so take this rare moment that you have time to examine your inner self and give your soul some much needed introspection. It truly can be enlightning and uplifting :)

Meanwhile, do this while taking a nice bath, or doing some other mindless activity you very much enjoy. Go out and experience something new for that matter. Have a meaningful conversation with a friend. Anything, take your pick :)

ring the bell

It sounds like anxiety to me.. Most would say "just relax" but that can be impossible. Find something to occupy your mind. Go to a movie or for a walk or something. Do something out of the ordinary that you can immerse yourself in for a while.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
If you are anxious, go do some working out or at least a long walk, it helps burn the energy that causes anxiety (there is an astrology reason):D

Entropie had a thread yesterday on Listlessness... might be worth checking out

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MBTI theory suggests you do some self-reflection and get some cuddles :D

In all seriousness, there's gotto be a reason that you are in fact irritated..so take this rare moment that you have time to examine your inner self and give your soul some much needed introspection. It truly can be enlightning and uplifting :)

Meanwhile, do this while taking a nice bath, or doing some other mindless activity you very much enjoy. Go out and experience something new for that matter. Have a meaningful conversation with a friend. Anything, take your pick :)
Yay for self reflection and cuddles. Haha.
Examining my inner self? Sounds interesting. I'll definately look into it if it would help me overcome this irritation. Also, a nice bath sounds a bit nice right about now. Thanks! I'm not going to talk to any friends though. They'd stress me out :D
It sounds like anxiety to me.. Most would say "just relax" but that can be impossible. Find something to occupy your mind. Go to a movie or for a walk or something. Do something out of the ordinary that you can immerse yourself in for a while.
I've tried to "just relax". It never works. Tis impossible as you said. Yea, I'll just go do a bit of exercising to hopefully remove the irritation.

If you are anxious, go do some working out or at least a long walk, it helps burn the energy that causes anxiety (there is an astrology reason):D

Entropie had a thread yesterday on Listlessness... might be worth checking out
Never knew that. Thanks! :D Replacing the anxiety with a bit of exercise sounds like a nice thing to do. I'll also check the thread on Listlessness if it'd help.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well, what do you think is going on? Take a guess if you have to, usually the first thing that pops in your mind is the right answer.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You might have answered your own question. Finishing a large project can produce a pseudo kind of post-partum depression in some people. Maybe they're easily understimulated and need something to focus on; maybe they're easily attached to things and grieve the loss. Anyway, it's possible that you're irritated precisely because of the lack of working stress. Try volunteering at a local charity and see if that helps.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've been irritated for the past 2 days. No peace of mind. I'm not sure what's causing it. I'm currently on holiday and have nothing to do so there's no working stress. I've just been living normally. This uneasy feeling is starting to piss me off. Would anyone be able to help?

I'm not sure if this is the right category to place this thread but it seems the closest.

In bold is your problem. Solution: find something engaging to do. :D

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
i agree about the worklessness you may be experiencing. when i was very young-early twenties-i was my best when i had a schedule of things that i needed to do. if i had vacation or nothing to push me i was in anxiety mode. not sure if my anxiety came first or after the lack of things to do, but at some point i found out that engaged mentality was better for me. lots of things made me reflect on my lack of productivity though, so find some easy gratifying way to fill your restless moments. don't take on a big project like some artistic statement, that may put you back in a funk, but do find work that earns some money or helps you feel valuable in some way.

also, when young i found most friends were quite flighty and/or into themselves so much or boring or disturbed, that they had nothing to offer me when i was discontented. if i were smarter i could have been studying the great people's work at the time, but i wasn't. i was stuck sucking my negative air too much. i couldn't move nor think enough to pick up a book. i had no money to buy any either. my life was miserable at those times. gawd why'd you make me think of this, now i'm all remorseful.

not really, i'm not remorseful. :) life gives us our lessons, all we have to do is take advantage of them! but you know that already, right?

G

Ginkgo

I've been stressed too lately. Are you getting enough sleep? I hope so.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think the more you try to avoid and smother your anxiety, the more you'll feel anxious. Maybe you should sit down, close your eyes, and just let the anxiety run its course for a few minutes while breathing deep/meditating.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Take your feeling and imagine it occuring every second of your life.

Got it?

Now you've got just a bit of my life.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

I have felt the same way too. I think it's boredom, because prior to these days, I was pretty busy.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Are you bored?
My Ne does me the uneasy mind feeling very often.
What helps me:
- when you find something interesting to do, to read or whatever that is interesting.