User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

[youtube=zv8d_ry-u-Q]Louis CK cinema classics[/youtube]

Check out 4:50, he talks about eating dolphins; it's hilarious.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I could eat dolphin. Although admittedly it would not be a preference for me.

But like I said, I do have my preferences. Fish is not one of them. Red deer meat is the best. And I really love live deer as well. I bet I could seriously enjoy horse meat as well. I heard it's similar in taste to red deer meat. But I've never had horse meat yet.

Heck, if it would mean survival, I could even eat human.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

If what was on the plate didn't resemble the animal or person, I would eat it. If I wasn't told what it was I wouldn't hesitate. I am against eating human only for religious reasons.

I would be a vegetarian if not for the anonymity of burgers and steaks and chicken fingers and fish sticks. I shy away from slaughterhouses.

I couldn't kill one because I can't kill anything, but if I was forced to I think I could.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Why / Why not?
    I could, but I would prefer not to. I suppose if it had already been killed by someone else, it would be a waste not to eat it. Wasting it is worse than eating it, IMO.
    Could you kill one?
    No way. I don't like the idea of dolphins being killed, they're intelligent creatures. In fact, I'd probably never kill anything unless I was starving to death and had no other options, and even then I might find it difficult.

What about apes and dogs?
    Same as above. I could eat them if they'd been cooked, but I hate the idea of them being killed. I suppose this even applies to humans. To me, if something's already been killed and cooked, it's even worse to waste it than it is to eat it.

Ethically speaking, I think these things shouldn't be killed for food. But that doesn't mean I'm willing to waste them after they've been made into food, because that won't bring them back to life. What's done is done.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

no, no, no.

Oberon

If any carnivore were hungry, I would be neither surprised nor offended if it tried to take a bite of me... so I see no reason not to behave likewise if the roles are reversed.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I couldn't kill one because I can't kill anything, but if I was forced to I think I could.
    I have been a hunter since I was a boy. I will kill for food, but I consider it my duty to the animal and to myself to kill as quickly and as efficiently as possible. I hate suffering.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I guess I'd eat anything if my life depended on it.
    I'd rather not though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

As much as I want to say "No", I don't see how any of the animals are different than the chicken and cows we eat on a regular basis. Actually right now, I'm very curious to taste them just for the sake of curiousity.

Killing one... Hmmm. Well, I'm very faint at the sight of blood and newly dead things.

Now to cannibalism, no. No. Eating dead humans on the other hand, freaks me out.
    I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Why / Why not?

Could you kill one?

What about apes and dogs?

I'm mostly interested in WHY you would or wouldn't, what factors do you consider?
    wow these are weird questions, but since I never think of such things I'm gonna take the time to answer.

Could I eat a dolphin, sure if I'm hungry and got nothing else.

Could I kill one? I wouldn't want to really, they are not exactly hostile. and watching death is sad.

Apes and dogs, same thing, wouldn't want to kill one, only if I was being attacked. and in the case of my own dog, I would never eat her no matter what, why? because she's my best friend. I cared for her since she was a pup so my feelings would get in the way.