User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    So is the group bullying you here a group of women? I think I remember reading a comment from a mod (excuse me, it was Haight) in some other thread that all the mods hate you. Would you say that many men are now practiced in "female" aggression or is this a strict dichotomy?
    Yes, you have an interesting insight.

Male and female is a dichotomy.

And a dichotomy is a distinction. And we see by making distinctions.

So the purpose of the dichotomy is simply to see.

And of course it is a mistake to take a dichotomy or a distinction, literally.

So we are not talking about literal males and females - except at first to enable us to see the metaphor to come -.

And so naturally your insight is correct. It is both literal male and females that practise group bullying.

To understand this better, it is a good idea to compare it to mathematics. For mathematics starts off literally with counting and numbers 1,2,3.... but very soon these literal numbers are abstracted into mathematical metaphors.

And it is the same here. We start of with the literal distinction between male and female. Then we abstract this distinction or dichotomy into a metaphor. And in this case the metaphor is group bullying.

Default The Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I've seen people complain about you, which has seemed very un-nice thing to do, considering your personal, interesting and inoffensive posts. (Some of them may have been offensive, which may be OK too, but I haven't seen any).

You wrote beautifully about introverts blossoming if you cherish them, and if it was partly in joke or entirely honest, it was beautiful and thought-inspiring nonetheless.

You do write threads which aren't literal, but rather figurative, or playful with ideas, which seem to work very well for you to inspire discussion. I'm sad to realize that some might mistake that for "trolling" or something like that. In all honesty, that's being small-minded.

You get inordinate amount of complaints for no reason at all but being personal. I'd say it would have to stop - I wish it would. Have strength, Victor.
    This is very true.

And it goes deeper. For it is a visceral hatred of the inner life.

The inner life can't be written literally and can only be written metaphorically. In exactly the same way that mathematics can't be written literally but only in mathematical metaphor. And how many have a visceral hatred of mathematics for that very reason?

So the hatred of Victor, so often expressed, sometimes openly and sometimes veiled, is the same hatred of the inner life and mathematics and metaphor itself.

But always remember that a computer can't make metaphors. Only persons can make metaphors.

That is why, at the very deepest level, persons are hated. And that is why persons are reified, i.e., turned into things. Reification is the complete hatred of a person.

The purpose of MBTI is to reify living persons. And so naturally anyone who opposes reification on this site will be subject to ad hominem attacks. And if this doesn't silence them, then they are subject to group bullying. And if they are still talking, they are told by the authority figure that they are 'venting' and their posts are moved to the Graveyard.

So I have decided not suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune but to take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing them end them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keps Mnemnosyne View Post
    The exception is when it turns physically violent.
    Twice now on this site I have been threatened with physical violence.

When ad hominem attacks won't silence me, and group bullying won't silence me, and when suppression by authority won't work, they turn to threats of physical violence.

Under the Criminal Law threats of physical violence, particularly in writing, are an offence.

But the lust to reify overcomes even fear of the Criminal Law.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Literal language has a place, too.
    It is suitable for the recipes and such things.
    Perfect!

We all need to eat.

And we all need literal recipes.

But we don't live to eat, we eat to live.

And we live to make metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Shame on you, bullies.
    Shame. Shame. Shame.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

The thing about bullying is that both parties are active agents. In order for a bully to exist, there has to be a person who puts up some form of resistance to that bully. This resistance can be as simple as the act of existing or as willful as the act of repeatedly challenging authority. Whatever the case, there are two things the victim can do to put an end to the bullying. The first thing a victim can do is to conquer his bullies, either by whipping them into submission or somehow aligning himself with them. The second thing a victim can do is cease to be a victim. This can be accomplished either by removing himself from the bullies' reach or by allowing them to destroy him in some way so that he can no longer put up resistance.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    The thing about bullying is that both parties are active agents.
    This is called blaming the victim.

And from the bully's point of view, the victim is to blame.

And just as rapists tell us, "She was asking for it", bullies tell us the victim is to blame.

And most sadly, some victims will blame themselves. Sometimes this is called the Stockholm syndrome.

And from the bullies point of view, the ideal victim is one who blames themselves.

And of course the aim of the bully is to induce self hatred in the victim.

And when the victim hates themselves, the bully has won.

And the boot heels and the high heels of the bullies will smash into our faces forever.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I second what Nunki said. Bullying is a form of interaction, and interaction requires multiple parties by its definition.

Victor, I think you're a fine addition to this community, but if you feel you are being bullied you do have the ability to choose to leave and your quality of life would not be substantially diminished. By choosing to stay, you are choosing to participate in this dynamic. It is not a matter of blame but a matter of fact.

Though I do think people should disagree with you in a mature way, rather than attacking and belittling you.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is called blaming the victim.

And from the bully's point of view, the victim is to blame.

And just as rapists tell us, "She was asking for it", bullies tell us the victim is to blame.

And most sadly, some victims will blame themselves. Sometimes this is called the Stockholm syndrome.

And from the bullies point of view, the ideal victim is one who blames themselves.

And of course the aim of the bully is to induce self hatred in the victim.

And when the victim hates themselves, the bully has won.

And the boot heels and the high heels of the bullies will smash into our faces forever.
    Actually, I fully agree with you here. Speaking only in theoretical terms, though. I'm not really privy enough to the apparent history here to make any kind of judgement in your personal situation, though I can see how you might be easily construed as overly provocative. The way you post could be easily seen as evasive, which tends to make people suspicious. You have a unique perspective, and an ever more unique way of expressing yourself.

I'm not sure if yours would be a case of clear cut bullying, as much as it would be people misunderstanding you and feeling uncomfortable because you're different. I like different people, even when they exasperate me.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I second what Nunki said. Bullying is a form of interaction, and interaction requires multiple parties by its definition.

Victor, I think you're a fine addition to this community, but if you feel you are being bullied you do have the ability to choose to leave and your quality of life would not be substantially diminished. By choosing to stay, you are choosing to participate in this dynamic. It is not a matter of blame but a matter of fact.

Though I do think people should disagree with you in a mature way, rather than attacking and belittling you.
    Second this. If you're obviously an orange in an apple basket, there's some amount of negative energy to be expected. If you really want to go against the established flow so badly, some flak-taking is to be expected. I also agree that personal attacks are distasteful.
    I think I think more than you think I think.