• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your phobias?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
odd phobias

So I want to know the rationale behind some phobias that when told most other people, they give you a weird look.

I have a friend who is terrified of pregnant people, and babies. I asked her why, I mean she brought it up, but she evaded the question. It's one of those fears I don't understand. She works at the gap and asked what if a pregnant person comes in looking for a bra (she works in lingerie) she's like "well I'd send them to, the maternity section" then I'm like what if the pregnant person comes in with a 13 year old daughter? she's like "I'd send the mom off to shop" so then I'm like what if you have to work with a pregnant person? she responded with "I'll tell them I'm allergic to pregnant people" I mean she really hates pregnant people, I know it's gross to think of something growing inside of you. I mean pregnacy isn't contagious, if it was we'd have even more of a problem with population control.

So if anyone of you have really strange fears could you please explain, why in hopes to understand my friend slightly better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My phobia isn't exactly strange but I'm pretty sure it started with falling out of a tree when I was three and getting cut up pretty badly and was only made worse through a combination of my overactive imagination and being forced through watching a lot of biology shows/hearing a lot of disgusting injury stories/on and on and on and on and God please make it stop.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm afraid of imagining things that are contextually too small, and moving very quickly, (A fly sized car zipping around) or things that are large and move too slow.

Picturing these things in my head makes me extremely uncomfortable, and somewhat scared.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
Deep-sea anglerfish. The teeth! The horror! The irrationality of it all! Their teeth are so damn big that it prevents them from closing their mouths without stabbing their own brains. Whenever I look at them I can't help but picture a mass of em latching onto my arms, legs, torso, etc. Makes me shiver and gag.

That and Great Cthulhu.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Centipedes. Oh god I hate those things. I literally freeze in fear. I can't recall anything happening to me as a child or something that would cause this but..it's a terrible fear of mine.

Wind Turbines. It's less of a phobia and more of a...they just freak me out to look at them. Maybe if they had a different design. I don't know.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
My aunt is terrified of balloons. I think it might have something to do with suffocating or something... even miming blowing one up makes her cringe.

I personally am terrified of wolves, but that is perfectly reasonable, and they ARE watching me.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
camel crickets
camelcricket2a.jpg

grasshoppers
grasshopper.jpg

finding a dead body in the woods
DSCF1415.jpg

heights
windowslivewriteractioncuresfear-87e6height-2.jpg

being buried alive
chinese_worker_main.jpg

clowns
clowns_home.jpg

Edit:

slugs
grayslugs.jpg

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
Walking over highway bridges (not in the road, on a sidewalk on a road above the highway). They always feel like they are going to fall over for some reason. (It may be a combination of the bridge flezing from cars under it, the parallax between me and the highway while walking, and my general fear of heights where I can easily see down.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like people staring at me for too long.

And sometimes alone in the dark at night, I'll suddenly feel like something is coming after me and I need to get into bed because I'm safe there (or run to a safe place if I'm outside).

And I get nervous if I tell someone too much, it's almost like a panic attack... like I made a horrible mistake and now have no control.

Other than that, it's mostly just the norm... spiders.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
EARWINGS.

I once had an entire colony of them settled in my trousers (they had been drying outside after laundry). Dozens of the creepy beings were crawling out of my hems. I felt like I was in the middle of a low-budget horror film.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Deep-sea anglerfish. The teeth! The horror! The irrationality of it all! Their teeth are so damn big that it prevents them from closing their mouths without stabbing their own brains. Whenever I look at them I can't help but picture a mass of em latching onto my arms, legs, torso, etc. Makes me shiver and gag.

That and Great Cthulhu.

“In his house at R’lyeh dead Cthulhu watis dreaming.”

Water bugs. Fortunately I don’t get that many of them, but whenever I see one of those things in my apartment I’m ready to start screaming. Spiders and centipedes I can handle, but not water bugs.

"The horror! The horror!"

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have a list:

1. All insects.

2. All arachnids.

3. Dogs (remind me of wolves).

4. Being trapped in some way, physical or abstract.

5. Being expected to react quickly, and suffering consequences as a result of failure.

6. Timed tests (although sometimes I do fine).

7. Breaking rules and suffering terrible consequences because of failing to understand how they apply to a particular action.

8. Sudden noises in quiet places.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I forgot to add that I really cannot handle forms, or anything official that needs to be filled in, I start getting all panic attacky and I can't make sense of it. My parents has to confiscate my college application form when they saw me getting a biiit too close to the woodburning stove witb it...

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I get all anxious and sickly feeling when I think too much about infection, disease, mutilation, poison, death, etc.

I mean, think about what a virus does inside of you! Gross.

Despite this, I take remarkably few efforts to prevent contraction of said afflictions.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I get all anxious and sickly feeling when I think too much about infection, disease, mutilation, poison, death, etc.

I mean, think about what a virus does inside of you! Gross.

Despite this, I take remarkably few efforts to prevent contraction of said afflictions.

Lol me too.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

That and Great Cthulhu.

Dude, those things are terrifying.

Fuck the ocean, for real.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a REALLY strange one. I'm even embarrassed to type it.

I have a phobia of religious supernatural phenomena. You know, statues coming to life, paintings becoming animated, apparitions, etc. It started in childhood when I had a series of nightmares about experiencing these things. I still get those nightmares, just not as often. I think it's curious and telling that dreams on this topic are nightmares...many people would find them joyful.

As a result, I absolutely cannot be alone in a church or any religious building with lots of statues, icons, or the like.