• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your phobias?

MBTI Type
INxJ
Cows. I was nearly trampled by one as a child. They run faster than most people would guess. I was a vegetarian for two years after that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Cows. I was nearly trampled by one as a child. They run faster than most people would guess. I was a vegetarian for two years after that.

I would probably eat nothing but beef after nearly being trampled by a cow. (ha take that stupid cow!) and beef is my lease favorite kind of meat. Unless I was scared of being trampled by beef. Though I would stay as far away as possible from any cows.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I would probably eat nothing but beef after nearly being trampled by a cow. (ha take that stupid cow!) and beef is my lease favorite kind of meat. Unless I was scared of being trampled by beef. Though I would stay as far away as possible from any cows.

lol I could not avoid the cows because I grew up in TX. Luckily, that is an old phobia, and I really don't have any recent ones. Phobias are pretty irrational. I now have visions of beef with legs dancing in my head. = p

jungie

MBTI Type
ENFP
Not sure it's a phobia, more like a revulsion...

Other people's wet hair in between fingers...
Mine I can handle.
But when I'm at the hairdresser I cannot watch how the hairdresser runs his/her fingers through someone's wet hair and especially when it's between fingers - that makes me gag.
Even as I'm writing this I have cold shivers running through my body. Egrrrr!
Nothing to explain this.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Just for fun: The Indexed Phobia List :D

Basophobia - fear of falling. I was afraid of being dropped by my parents when I was little. Heh.
Phasmophobia - fear of ghosts. This is one that I might actually consider to be a phobia of mine because I am really REALLY afraid of ghosts. :/
Catoptrophobia - fear of mirrors. More specifically bathroom mirrors and bathrooms, but I couldn't find one for that. Weird, huh? I got it from different stories I've heard about bathroom mirrors and bathrooms when I was little. :p
Emetophobia - fear of vomiting. D:

Your turn!

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Needles- Aichmophobia or Belonephobia

Once tried to argue with a nurse in the emergency room about taking my blood but she used her feminine charisma to override my will, so there was no choice but to let her do it. Nurses are vampires.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Entomophobia- Fear of insects
Hemophobia - Fear of blood

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
The ocean/lakes: Thalassophobia/Limnophobia
The dark: Nyctophobia

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
dystichiphobia - fear of accidents
amaxophobia - fear of riding in cars (in certain situations, specifically car accidents)
thanataphobia - fear of death

D

Dali

Entomophobia. Specifically, cockroaches. We had the massive flying ones in Malaysia and I was glad when I left. A two-incher once landed on my torso while I was in the shower and, another time, a similarly-sized one landed on the nape of my neck. In a word, pandemonium.

Potamphobia/Limnophobia. Specifically, murky rivers and lakes. I won't even walk along a riverbank. I know that there's something in there that is just waiting to burst out and drag me back in. Sometimes, this fear will suddenly hit when I'm in a large swimming pool on my own and I will briefly panic. Surprisingly, I love the ocean and swimming in it doesn't bother me at all.

S

Sniffles

Germanophobia - fear of Germans and German culture. Sorry LL, I just couldn't resist. hehehehe :tongue10: :D

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Basophobia (fear of falling), which leads to a fear of heights. Whenever people say, "It's not the fall, but the landing that kills ya" when they find out high places make me very nervous, I just have to remind them that it's not the landing I'm afraid of, but the fall. This has gotten less severe over the years, but thoughts of doing things like hiking in the Grand Cayon cause incredible fear rather than enjoyment, though I'm sure the view would be amazing.

Phasmophobia (fear of ghosts) -- I think this is caused partially by strange experiences at night as a child like half-asleep auditory hallucinations and strange perception distortions while trying to cross the hallway in the middle of the night...and stories told to me by others.

Lygophobia (fear of being in a dark place) -- different from just plain fear of the dark/night. I like nighttime and I like darkness, just not buildings when they are dark.

Apiphobia (fear of bees) -- had a bad experience as a child in which bees were present (I got lost and panicked and there were bees buzzing around the flowers nearby, but in my panic, I thought they were going to "get" me. For some reason this panick and fear got associated with the bees instead of with being lost, and has persisted for a very long time). Though, I was recently stung by a bee and it wasn't that bad of an experience. And I like bees, in general (except wasps), I just don't like to get near them. I'm getting better about it, and at least more tolerant of working in the garden around them.

Telephonophobia (fear of telephones) -- I can't explain this, but calling someone on the phone when I haven't been given explicit permission and assurance that I won't be "bothering them" makes me extremely nervous and avoidant of making the call. It's really embarrassing to deal with and it doesn't make sense and makes my life difficult. (Like if I have to make an appointment, I'll agonise over what will probably be a 2 minute call! I'm trying to overcome this little by little.

Mo said:
Entomophobia. Specifically, cockroaches. We had the massive flying ones in Malaysia and I was glad when I left. A two-incher once landed on my torso while I was in the shower and, another time, a similarly-sized one landed on the nape of my neck. In a word, pandemonium.

Yeah, in the Southeast US we have "Palmetto Bugs" which are basically big flying cockroaches!!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Germanophobia - fear of Germans and German culture. Sorry LL, I just couldn't resist. hehehehe :tongue10: :D

I think the funniest one, by far, is Omphalophobia: fear of belly buttons.

:shock:

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have an intense fear of heights - also known as Acrophobia - so much that I need to take a more than ample amount of sleeping pills before the plane I'm on takes off.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So many strange fears. It scares me just to read through them (which means I have phobiaphobia).

Selenophobia, fear of the moon.
Eisoptrophobia, fear of seeing oneself in the mirror or of mirrors in general (I have both).
Anuptaphobia, fear of staying single.
Astrophobia, fear of stars.
Erythrophobia, fear of blushing.
Rhytiphobia, fear of getting wrinkles.
Spacephobia, fear of outer space.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Mice, either inside or outside
Rats - I really hate them
Birds in a confinded space - they are fine outself... it's the flapping about I'm not wild about

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
For 3ish years I suffered from - Clinophobia - Beds or going to bed, I slept on my sofa for all that time, but in the last year I have over come it.

I have a mild form of - Gephyrophobia - Bridges or of crossing them, if it's a normal bridge, but the full blown one if it's a rope bridge which is all related to my - Acrophobia, Altophobia, Batophobia, Hypsiphobia or Hyposophobia (which one is it? lol) - Heights.

Also - Thanatophobia - Death or dying.

And being tortured, but it's not listed from what I can see.