• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your phobias?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Telephonophobia: I used to have this fear for a few years. That's because there was a time when whenever the phone was ringing, it meant that I got in trouble. No one called me for good, nice or fun things, no, people only called me when they thought I had done something bad. (Strange, huh?) So, what happened every time the phone rang? I started praying, even though I wasn't raised religiously. This might be my strangest fear.

At the moment I'm only afraid of heights (or falling down) and I'm really afraid of getting wrinkles. When I was little (2-10), I was really afraid of magicians. I thought they were all psychopaths because they cut people into peaces.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Venereal disease - Cypridophobia, Cypriphobia, Cyprianophobia, or Cyprinophobia.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Basophobia- fear of falling. Mild case though, I can overcome it, just find it really hard to jump in a pool from like 10 feet high..

Arachnophobia- fear of spiders. This is pretty much flight or fight for me, doesn't get any worse than this

Rhabdophobia- fear of being severely critizised. Used to have this one..glad I finally got rid of it.

Atychiphobia or Kakorrhaphiophobia- Fear of failure. Kinda ties in with the one above. It's a lot less nowadays, but still present and rather crippling at times.

Herpetophobia.- creepy crawling things. Not as bad as my arachnophobia though, I am able to stay in control

Gamophobia- Fear of marriage. Not so much the emotional symbolism (I aint a commitment phobe), but the legal hassle that goes with it.

Soteriophobia- Dependence on others. Ties in with the one above. Not so much being dependent in the moment, but long term and without a way out. That spooks me greatly. I wanna be able to take care of myself if the safety net fails.

Aichmophobia or Belonephobia- Fear of needles. I used to suffer from this greatly because I had so many injections when I was a kid. These days I'm perfectly able to control it if I can close my eyes while they do it.

Virginitiphobia- Fear of Rape. I kinda react strongly to stories of people who have been raped. I cringe at the thought of what they must have been through.

Somniphobia- Fear of sleep. I resent going to sleep as it is boring and useless, and I have to turn off my brain.

Social Phobia- Fear of being negatively evaluated in social situations. Used to have that. Not so much anymore

Topophobia- Stagefright. Together with fear of failure and arachnophobia, my biggest one.

Chronophobia- Fear of time or clocks. Not so much fear..as a deep resentment and hate for them :D

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Dystichiphobia - fear of accidents(car); Not so much anymore, but it was such a big one, I figured I'd put it.
I had two close friends die in one semester during my Junior year in HS. And then in college, two more close friends died in accidents, and it made it so much worse. It took me until I was 23 to get my license.
I love driving now though, and drive long distances just to see where the roads take me.
Thanataphobia - fear of death
Spiders- Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia. The only long-standing phobia. I don't even like looking at them on the computer, but it's only the big, fat, juicy ones that creep me out.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have:
Of being severely criticized- Rhabdophobia.
I already have very low self-esteem, I don't need another person to verify it.

The weirdest one on there (Do not have) Is:
Peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth- Arachibutyrophobia.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I have these phobias, but all of them only to a small extend, no irrational phobia has ever stopped me from doing anything.

Rhabdophobia - fear of being severely criticized

Speaking in public- Glossophobia

Women, beautiful- Caligynephobia or Venstraphobia -> Don't have it any more, but may have had it when I was younger.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think the only real phobia I have is arachnophobia. Spiders.

But also..
Heliophobia - Sun or sunlight.
Phengophobia - Sunshine or daylight.
Eosophobia - Dawn or daylight.
Staurophobia - Crosses or the crucifix.
Alliumphobia - Garlic.
Enochlophobia, Demophobia or Ochlophobia - Crowds or mobs.
Taphephobia or Taphophobia - Buried alive.
Kakorrhaphiophobia - Defeat.
Arsonphobia or Pyrophobia - Fire.
Eisoptrophobia - Mirrors or seeing oneself in a mirror.
Hierophobia - Sacred things or priests.

Not to forget,
Russophobia -Russians. Curse them.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL @ the Russian hate..classic :D

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Fear of drowning. (I've done water sports my whole life in an effort to overcome this)
Fear of being alone.
Fear of letting my hair down (being vulnerable).

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am rather shocked at most of the answers given .. *Hands out the valium i brought on the black market* lol ;)

I used to be scared of spiders but now i am single and my kids scream like little girls when they see them, i have to get the glass and remove them myself.
Saying that though, there was a thread on here 'Should i kill this spider'. I wouldn't even view it, but my youngest did and the little bugger kept the page up and walked out the room so when i came to use the computer the bloody spider was looking at me. I had to get him to change the page. lol

That's it though. :)

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
I can't say they're phobias, though they do cause me general ugh from the keeping a wide berth, to the crying, sometimes yelling and running like a spazz, and feeling sick levels, depending on the situation.

Having blood taken from my elbow - I'd say this is the worst of the three.
Heights - Conversely I also get the urge to jump when I look over edges :huh:.
Spiders.

Can I add intimacy phobia? >_>

MBTI Type
INTJ
I couldn't find my phobia on the list, but I suppose staurophobia is the closest one. I have a phobia of religious iconography. I can't be alone in a church or in a room with a lot of religious statuary or crucifixes. I had a lot of nightmares (mostly in childhood, but every now and then to this day) about seeing religious visions or being present when religious statues or crucifixes become animated.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Staurophobia - Crosses or the crucifix.
I actually used to have a fear of when I was younger due to a scary movie that my brother was watching. This really religious person wearing a cross was murdered by poisonous snakes. D: My parents got me a cross necklace for my birthday shortly after (they didn't see the movie). I was very nervous whenever I wore it, but I've gotten better. :)

Gewitter27 said:
Peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth- Arachibutyrophobia.
That's my favorite one. :alttongue:

P

Phantonym

That's my favorite one. :alttongue:

Teehee. Mine too. I'm always tempted to test it out and make it stick (if only I could stand the taste of peanut butter).

I don't have phobias. I think. I dislike some things, though, but not so much that it would paralyze me.

Arachnophobia - spiders.
Automysophobia - Dirty, being dirty or personal filth.
Claustrophobia - being closed in.
Dystychiphobia - accidents.
Catagelophobia or Katagelophobia - being ridiculed.
Lygophobia - being in a dark place.
Panthophobia - suffering and disease.
Pharmacophobia - medicine, taking or drugs.
Social Phobia - being evaluated negatively in social situations.
Soteriophobia - dependence on others.

:D

Ergophobia or Ponophobia - work
Phobophobia - phobias

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lamely enough, botanophobia (fear of plants) and chronophobia (in my case fear of clocks) :blush:

yeah... I know, pretty bad :doh:

at least my Coulrophobia (fear of clowns) is a sensible one (there's no fear of mimes on there :dry:)

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Ants- Myrmecophobia
If there are just a few, then there's nothing to worry about. In numbers, though, they freak me out.

Bolsheviks- Bolshephobia
Just for fun.

Beautiful women- Caligynephobia
I get nervous around beautiful women.

Cancer- Cancerophobia, Carcinophobia
Carcinogens make me cringe.

Creepy, crawly things- Herpetophobia
They're so... creepy... and crawly. *shudders*

Decisions: making decisions- Decidophobia
I have trouble making even simple decisions, like what I want to eat.

Single: staying single- Anuptaphobia
I guess being single is okay for now, but the thought of being single forever is horrifying.

Skin lesions - Dermatophobia
Only on myself, really. This is a result of my previous experience with acne.

Speaking in public- Glossophobia
My brain goes into panic mode.

Tyrants- Tyrannophobia

Venereal disease or prostitutes- Cypridophobia, Cypriphobia, Cyprianophobia, or Cyprinophobia

Granted, none of these qualify as actual phobias; they're just things that make me feel substantially uncomfortable.

I might, however, have a genuine generalized social phobia.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Phobia flying in airplanes.
Phobia doing sex.
That's about it.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Some old fears:

Atychiphobia (Failure) - Oh, good times. Long story. Very likely the longest fear I've had.

Philophobia (Being loved) - I used to have an intense fear of being liked. If someone confessed they romantically admired me, I'd think about settling on a new island far, far away. This probably stemmed from my parent's marital troubles affecting me as a young teen, and it slightly scarred me because I was afraid I'd make an endless number of stupid choices if I allowed myself to feel deeply. That and I didn't want to risk being manipulated, hurt and loosing my self-identity by my emotional attachments. Once I found someone I could completely trust, this fear became a habit of the past -- nevertheless, it was a long, difficult path. Before then, I only 'liked' the guys whom I could keep my emotional walls with, and stayed away from the ones who I felt would take them down.

Being nurtured - A combination of a fear of dependence on other people (steriophobia), personal attachment and loosing control. And just plain awkwardness: "What should I do?!?" I'm used to being the giver that I feel weird and vulnerable when I switch positions.

Loosing self-control - Super long story. Second to my fear of failure. Everything could be tied into this.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anything new- Neophobia.
Changes, making; moving- Tropophobia or Metathesiophobia.
Crowded public places like markets- Agoraphobia.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Phobias

Do you have one?

I'm more repulsed than afraid, but . . .

Trypophobia: The unofficial word adopted by Urban Dictionary to describe persons with an irrational fear of clusters of holes, pods, circles, cracks and/or other asymmetrical shapes which results in an all-over itchy feeling and general uneasiness.

GUSHSHFIWPNKQWFASOMSLAvmvpoqwjp1QWFSAVAV.

UGH.

I get chills just thinking about it. My general impulse is to claw away at the cluster of holes in question until the surface is flat and even.

Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwE3xcWjfe8