User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I don't really have any irrational fears, except speaking in public.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

I have a fear of things that don't end, or at least are immeasurable, like space, and the concept of eternity. It always baffled me that anyone would WANT to live forever, because the idea of going on and on, knowing you'd never die just scares the crap out of me. I can't think about the concept of it too long without getting seriously freaked out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Warp View Post
    Deep-sea anglerfish. The teeth! The horror! The irrationality of it all! Their teeth are so damn big that it prevents them from closing their mouths without stabbing their own brains. Whenever I look at them I can't help but picture a mass of em latching onto my arms, legs, torso, etc. Makes me shiver and gag.

That and Great Cthulhu.
    Those things are like a nightmare come true! But I love them for their weirdness.

I have no unusual phobias... They are all pretty typical, social phobia, scared of the dark, afraid of being alone, blood, guts, yeah. :p

MBTI
    INFP

Swimming in deep water - notably the ocean, but even deep diving pools scare me a bit. Occasionally I've been in a snorkelling situation where I'm swimming along in water ~ 3 metres deep and then suddenly I swim over a ledge and the bottom drops down down down down... Not a nice feeling. I don't think I could handle swimming over the Mariana trench, for instance. It's probably just my fear of heights.

Oh, and styrofoam forks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Snails, Slugs.
    (not really odd but the reasons behind my phobia makes my best friend think I am a complete weirdo)
    I get so scared when I see them, because I once read this manga about them (sort of) world dominating the world by turning lazy and slow people into snails and since then, I am terribly afraid of them.

Spiders, insects etc.
    I am not scared when there is only one of them, alone. or two (I just flicked them off, or crushed them) but if they are huddled and clustered together, , I get so scared looking at them. And I just realized most of my phobias stem from the fact that I am afraid of world domination. Humans clustered together = nahhh, since they already dominated the world. Maybe, I am scared of change.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I have a REALLY strange one. I'm even embarrassed to type it.

I have a phobia of religious supernatural phenomena. You know, statues coming to life, paintings becoming animated, apparitions, etc. It started in childhood when I had a series of nightmares about experiencing these things. I still get those nightmares, just not as often. I think it's curious and telling that dreams on this topic are nightmares...many people would find them joyful.

As a result, I absolutely cannot be alone in a church or any religious building with lots of statues, icons, or the like.
    That's awfully hard for a Catholic like yourself, no? I wonder if there's any others like you who are now Protestant for that fact alone.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'm mildly phobic of clowns and horses. Though so long as I'm not over-tired, I can pretend things are okay. Inside I'm freakin' out. [IMG][/IMG]

On this excursion in rural Northern Alberta, I asked to be put on the most slow and gentle horse. They put me on a really, really (gentle) old one. I was always last (which made for good photo ops, though!)
    My horse, Cowboy, was so old, that on the way back, we were lagging so far behind that the rancher who patiently waited for me told me that it was "about time to take Cowboy out back and put a bullet in 'em and be done with it" and that he'd "do it after lunch." I laughed, thinking he was making jokes to pass the time as my horse slowly moved along.
    He wasn't joking.
    RIP Cowboy Fall 2005.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFJ

Oh yes and sex. You can't forget the sex.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I have a fascination with bloody and macabre art, partly because I can not dare stare at gore and blood for too long without being repulsed and paralyzed. I, like Haphazard, will have to cite my overactive imagination as the culprit. It's not full blown blood phobia in that I don't come close to fainting. Another quirk is that, for instance, if the art showcases some flesh wounds, or I just see them in everyday life, my hands automatically check the corresponding areas on my own body. If I see a wound in the eye I can spend some time checking with my hands if my own eyes are still there and healthy, mostly by touching the eyelids. Just thinking about it made me interrupt my posting and touch my eyes...ugh. Or, for instance, I'm watching a match in the current Euro 2008, and if a player's ends up receiving a bloody injury or wound... same thing.
    Not really.

Oberon

My mother was deathly afraid of feathers.

Hmmm.