• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A question

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Some people are generally liked at this site, but I find them to be dicks. While others are generally hated but i don't find them that bad. What traits of posters determined if they are liked or not? is it type? is it something else? is it based on how good looking they are? (I don't look at users photos) What is it?

Last edited:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't know the answer to your question, but from my point of view, usually when someone is hated too much at a site without good enough reason, I start to like the poster. And when someone is liked too much by a lot of people, I start to dislike that person. I don't judge people by appearance or type.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
For me, it's if I find a common area with that person or not. If I feel I can relate to them in some level or if I find their ideas interesting. it's also "chemistry" but it's harder to decide based on this because communication online is so different than in real life. And I have more experience in communication in real life.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
With me its more how they treat others and I do take context into account because that changes the whole picture of a person.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Some people are generally liked at this site, but I find them to be dicks. While others are generally hated but i don't find them that bad. What traits of posters determined if they are liked or not? is it type? is it something else? is it based on how good looking they are? (I don't look at users photos) What is it?

Why does this matter to you? My perspective on this aspect of communicating with others is you should decide for yourself who you want to respond to and what topic draws you in. Most people play insignificant games when using small talk and chitchat to interact with one another, even when, and mostly due to, talking about personality.

I've usually enjoyed reading how people interact on line. There's material for me to get hyped about, within myself, and also, on the rare occasion without my faculties. It's all good clean fun.

When interchanges spill over into hatefulness and disregard for feelings to a degree you aren't comfortable with, there are moderators here who will straighten these posters out. Call on them.

People can't help ourselves most of the time. Just saying.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't know, all I know is:

I love everybody, and you're next.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like people that are entertaining and/or give me attention.

I don't like people that are mean, excessively profane or just start threads where they paste in articles from other websites. I only have 3 people on my ignore list and they are one of each of those three things.

People that are not any of those things I am pretty much indifferent to, but I try to remain friendly to them even if they don't interest me.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
For me to like someone on the forum is as alcea rosea said common ground and also a sense of humor although that can easily be misinterpreted. For me to dislike you, be argumentative in a non-helpful as personally attacking someone else. I should say this isn't really me liking or disliking someone as more of gaining or losing respect for someone if that makes sense.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think it annoys me when someone asks "Why does this matter?". Like curiosity or the sake of asking a question for an answer isn't enough?? :dont:

Anyways. :D I suppose it depends.. but when I hear my friends go "This person's a cool dude!" and my friends and I relate a lot, I assume said dude and I will get along as well...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think it annoys me when someone asks "Why does this matter?". Like curiosity or the sake of asking a question for an answer isn't enough?? :dont:

Anyways. :D I suppose it depends.. but when I hear my friends go "This person's a cool dude!" and my friends and I relate a lot, I assume said dude and I will get along as well...

:hug:

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
kyuuei, I believe it was me who asked this question. You sound very annoyed. Offended perhaps. Ready to bend your barbells around my neck even. Ha! Never take me seriously to that degree. Honestly, you would be better off (time spent more wisely) planting green beans in the Spring.