User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: A question

MBTI
    yupp

Default A question

Some people are generally liked at this site, but I find them to be dicks. While others are generally hated but i don't find them that bad. What traits of posters determined if they are liked or not? is it type? is it something else? is it based on how good looking they are? (I don't look at users photos) What is it?
    Last edited by prplchknz; 09-07-2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: it didn't make any effing sense before
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    I

I don't know the answer to your question, but from my point of view, usually when someone is hated too much at a site without good enough reason, I start to like the poster. And when someone is liked too much by a lot of people, I start to dislike that person. I don't judge people by appearance or type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

For me, it's if I find a common area with that person or not. If I feel I can relate to them in some level or if I find their ideas interesting. it's also "chemistry" but it's harder to decide based on this because communication online is so different than in real life. And I have more experience in communication in real life.

MBTI
    STP

With me its more how they treat others and I do take context into account because that changes the whole picture of a person.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Some people are generally liked at this site, but I find them to be dicks. While others are generally hated but i don't find them that bad. What traits of posters determined if they are liked or not? is it type? is it something else? is it based on how good looking they are? (I don't look at users photos) What is it?
    Why does this matter to you? My perspective on this aspect of communicating with others is you should decide for yourself who you want to respond to and what topic draws you in. Most people play insignificant games when using small talk and chitchat to interact with one another, even when, and mostly due to, talking about personality.

I've usually enjoyed reading how people interact on line. There's material for me to get hyped about, within myself, and also, on the rare occasion without my faculties. It's all good clean fun.

When interchanges spill over into hatefulness and disregard for feelings to a degree you aren't comfortable with, there are moderators here who will straighten these posters out. Call on them.

People can't help ourselves most of the time. Just saying.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm just curious, thats all.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know, all I know is:

I love everybody, and you're next.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I don't know, all I know is:

I love everybody, and you're next.
    that's a pretty sweet threat right their.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I like people that are entertaining and/or give me attention.

I don't like people that are mean, excessively profane or just start threads where they paste in articles from other websites. I only have 3 people on my ignore list and they are one of each of those three things.

People that are not any of those things I am pretty much indifferent to, but I try to remain friendly to them even if they don't interest me.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Mm

For me to like someone on the forum is as alcea rosea said common ground and also a sense of humor although that can easily be misinterpreted. For me to dislike you, be argumentative in a non-helpful as personally attacking someone else. I should say this isn't really me liking or disliking someone as more of gaining or losing respect for someone if that makes sense.