• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

HSP and Hypoglycemia

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So I am both. I think that Hypoglycemia exacerbates my stimulation tolerance. I'm wondering what you do to recover when you've had a low and are extremely overstimulated. I just wandered around with earplugs on a nature trail. I couldn't find quiet.

I'm so overstimulated I'm starting to feel sick.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I take another pill of budeprion SR. It might be "cheating" but it works.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eat something to balance your sugar then have a lie down. Isn't there any quiet in your house? If I'm overstimulated and weak from low blood sugar I'm more likely to be found in a quiet, dim room of my own home. Sometimes I sit by the river at night.

You may need sleep...perhaps?

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
No my roommates never shut up with the tv.

Eat something to balance your sugar then have a lie down.

Problem is, when I made this thread, my stomach was full--pasta. I had to wait to it was done passing through.

Sometimes its so bad I put on earplugs and wander around town for a quiet place, which I never find. Its funny, earmuffs and stuff never give me the same relief that silence does.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I am HSP and have had reactive hypoglycemia at times (my level would get down to about 25 after eating a meal and wouldn't get back to normal [~80] for a couple hours), but I haven't had any problems with that for a few years cause I'm much healthier now. What I do have, however, and most likely have had my whole life, is idiopathic postprandial syndrome, which basically is symptoms of hypoglycemia caused by an overreaction of the adrenergic system that happens after you eat, rather than due to low blood glucose levels. I had never heard of this before until I was diagnosed with it while in Air Force basic training about two years ago (I was discharged because of it.). I get really messed up from it...

Idiopathic postprandial syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I try to eat all the time so I'm not constantly trying to rip people's throats out. Sometimes I get caught with out and my supervisor notices and sends me to lunch telling me not to come back till I've eaten something.