User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Detachment from face

I was just wondering if anyone related...The happy face and type thread got me thinking...

From my earliest memory, right up untilI was about...13...14, I didn't associate with my face, hardly at all, I'd try to remember it and would only vaguely recollect having brown hair and glasses. I'd have to look in a mirror, and be surprised at the person I saw, that it was 'me'. The big mind f*ck was when I realised I had mannerisms, THAT was ODD. I don't reall know how to put it into words...

I guess that this was my face, and I somehow had control over it, but had been completly unaware of this 'control' for years and years...like this way of people seeing into my brain I was completely oblivious to.

FWIW, I also had a very skewed body image until even after then, but I can't work out the deal with my face, or how the two are linked really...Yet they both kind of started becoming more realistic for the same reason (looking in a mirror and registering how I looked, for real, not what I thought I saw)...
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm beginning to think this is most definitely an n thing...we are so in our heads that we just don't focus on the outer that much...but i think you do reflect outwardly what you feel inwardly...so...i see how they match up in that way.

does that even make sense?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Ahh, I getcha, it's kinda...autoprojection...

Come to think of it it's like how depression sucks all the vavavoom out of colous, and makes things 2D, and love does the opposite...

The N disease, it's fun , it means we can make all sorts of jokes about faces melting from the HORROR, being so hot you're on fire and telling people it's good they dont look like one when they say they feel like a buscuit (because I might have to bite you) and so on
    Come along Fool

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yes exactly that! haha...i think it might also be why i personally think facial expressions are so interesting and when i am paying attention to people and things around me...it's all so profoundly bizarre and interesting...because i'm looking beyond...you know? it's all so telling...you can actually see the thoughts streaming through someones mind all over their face....how weird! right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

It's rather bizarre to be able to see what people are thinking.

I agree, I'm rather detached from my whole body. Actually after taking self portraits for a while I am more able to recognize my face and how it reacts to "me." Wow, I sound like a freak.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

I can't do the whole reading people thing, I see too many possilities and my brain second guesses all of them.

Sounding like a freak; far better than sounding needlessly mean or anything to that effect.

It's a strange thing to see thoughts personified...actually...this is what you were just saying Elaur, AHA, although I only say it in regards to my own face.
    Come along Fool

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hey elaur i've heard you mention that before...so you started seeing how your emotions/ thoughts were expressed on your face? that's interesting...was that the point of it...or what?
    -Jim Morrison

I relate. Additionally, my left eye has much better vision than the right. So I physically feel like my face is deformed: from my visual perspective, the area around my right eye feels shrunken and the area around my left feels like it protrudes a bit. My 'center of vision' feels like it is slightly left and forward of where it 'should' be.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

This is interesting. I've always wondered why people thought I had weird looks on my face. Do you think that Ne has to do with it, or Ni?

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm exceedinly Ne...so I'd say that, but who knows...
    Come along Fool