First 12

Thread: Control

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

1.Do you ever fear being out of control/losing self control?
    Loosing self-control has been a long-term fear of mine. It lessened as I felt more confident in my ability to control the instinctive, unpredictable side of my personality. For the last two years, it is no longer deemed as a threat.

2. Have you ever experienced a time when you were entirely at the whim of something other than yourself? What was it like for you?
    Horrible. Back then, the more I felt out of control, the more I feared loosing control. Only substances can change my persona nowadays and it's still nerve-wracking because I don't know what to expect.

3. How much of your successes/failures do you attribute to your own efforts and how much to luck/chaos?
    99% of my success and failures are from the consequences of my decisions. Luck? Only in dreams. Why wait for success?

4. Do you fear or hate the concept of destiny?
    The concept of destiny is downright ridiculous, IMO. Even if it did exist, I doubt it would matter anyway, since we are still faced with the responsibility of managing our daily lives. I simply prefer to believe that I can create my own destiny because it empowers and activates my best traits. Destiny alone is far too passive and I'd be wondering why I should be even working towards a purpose/vision, if "chance" will grant them to me. Life then seems... meaningless.

5. What do you think when you see someone else lose self-control?
    I think it's largely their business unless it affects the safety of others, though I would be curious enough to investigate on what made them respond in this manner. That's for future references, naturally.

6. Do you ever feel a desire to control others?
    Mmmmm, not their personal lives, behaviors, morals, or ethics. In the workplace or the academia, I will only control as much as it is required. Nobody enjoys having a person hoover over their shoulder every two seconds.

7. Do you see the universe as chaotic or ordered?
    Mostly chaotic. Order is something a species would create to survive.

8. Also, how do you think the J and P axis affects our sense of (or desire for) internal and external control?
    Greatly. Beyond the P axis (Fi, Ti, Ne, Se) being responsible for internal control and the J axis (Fe, Te, Ni, Si) for the external, I don't have much to comment regarding this general question. Any specific inquires are welcomed -- I'll write more on the subject.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    STP

Do you ever fear being out of control/losing self control?
    I have been known to give control of myself and to refuse control of myself. Those given control I know what they want, those I refuse control are stuck trying to find it.

Have you ever experienced a time when you were entirely at the whim of something other than yourself? What was it like for you?
    Yes, and I recognize this. I learn to understand what controls me and by understanding it I gain more control of myself.

How much of your successes\failures do you attribute to your own efforts and how much to luck/chaos? I contribute everything to my efforts or the efforts of those around me to help me. I dont believe in luck, I believe that some people are better at controlling chance and it causes them to be more lucky.

Do you fear or hate the concept of destiny?
    I dont fear it nor hate it. The perfect person can stare you in the face and you can say destiny put them there, but you have to concsiously make the effort to do something about it. Believing in destiny can cause you to fall for what you thought was destiny before you realize it was a just a costume.

What do you think when you see someone else lose self-control?
    I think they are stressed and they needed the thing that was satisfied when they lost control.

Do you ever feel a desire to control others?
    No, when you control someone you lose what they want.

Do you see the universe as chaotic or ordered?
    I see it as an order we dont understand. So to us it seems chaotic.

Edit: Also, how do you think the J and P axis affects our sense of (or desire for) internal and external control?

I think it kinda confuses things. E likes to learn to control others. Ne likes to learn to control others ideas, Se likes to learn to control others senses, Te likes to learn to control others logic, Fe likes to learn to control others feelings. I likes to learn how to control self. Ti likes to learn to control our thought, Si likes to learn to control our senses, Ni like to learn to control our internal ideas, Fi likes to learn to control our internal feelings.