First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think everyone relates to NTs a little when they encounter someone who constantly struggles to figure out something incredibly simple. Almost everyone I know has at least ONE story about having to work with an incompetent person stumbling around and doing everything wrong, making their lives miserable.

NTs are just naturally good at so many things that most other people aren't, that it's magnified in them.
    Hates incompetence...

HATES!!!

(And I work with dumb ESTJs on computers!!! I want pity damn it!!)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ouh yes baby

Ooh, Weee!
    When I was a teenager, I always imagined something like that, and wondered why they didn't have it. The closest thing they came out with was the DeLaurean (which was typical brushed stainless steel). I liked the idea of bare metal, but nobody else did it, except on some trucks trailers.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Ooh, Weee!
    When I was a teenager, I always imagined something like that, and wondered why they didn't have it. The closest thing they came out with was the DeLaurean (which was typical brushed stainless steel). I liked the idea of bare metal, but nobody else did it, except on some trucks trailers.
    Audi did a bare aluminium I believe.. expensive though but leagues ahead of the DeLorean which was despicable from the word go!

What's wrong with exclusivity? No offense, but of what use could such knowledge possibly be to crude, common people? They would simply tear it down and dismiss it as impractical and irrelevant to their lives, because they can't see beyond their own experiences and the immediate applications.

It would only be detrimental to the development of such ideas if these people were allowed to access them and so easily form and share their uninformed opinions about things. They would drown out the good ideas with their mass support of simpler ones that seemed right to them. It helps filter the people who aren't serious about understanding the subject out of the discussion.

People are always talking about the problems of exclusivity, but they never consider the problems the alternative approach would create.
    The most intelligent person I have ever met was an ENTP. She understood that she really was way beyond the rest of us, and was a confident person, yet was also very understanding and forgiving of others lack of understanding. She would stop and explain anything to another person.

What I have noticed is that the smarter, more proficient, and competent my NTs are, the less arrogant they are. (Also oddly, the less "shiny" the ENTPs are on the surface)

They know they are very competent and have confidence in themselves-Ti?-thus do not need to build false barriers between themselves and others to make them feel more exclusive, more clever. They will still get impatient and a little frustrated if others are totally clueless, but they will not become abusive of them. They will actually take a lot of time to try and find ways to communicate as they realize that is how thier ideas become reality.

ENFPs help here as we can take a complex idea, spend some time understanding it, then translate it into a version a houseplant could understand.

My least confident ENTP is very arrogant, and has been very verbally abusive to others. On the surface others say he looks defensive, but based on what folks here say, it may be more extreme frustration that the ideas he presents are not taken seriously. He is showing marked decreases in arrogance and nastiness as his ideas have become more accepted and his behavior is almost normal now.

Not sure how this would apply given you are an INFJ, but perhaps Ti behaves similiar even in a tertiary way? Hope it was helpful.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    What I have noticed is that the smarter, more proficient, and competent my NTs are, the less arrogant they are. (Also oddly, the less "shiny" the ENTPs are on the surface)
    That makes sense... projection. Those that fear incompentency most will be first to label others as incompetent.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Audi did a bare aluminium I believe.. expensive though but leagues ahead of the DeLorean which was despicable from the word go!
    World Wide Words: Aluminium versus aluminum

So as to not entirely derail... my answer to the question is no, not necessarily.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    World Wide Words: Aluminium versus aluminum

So as to not entirely derail... my answer to the question is no, not necessarily.
    See resident blog under "Okay so I weakened" for response...

Carry on, nothing to see here...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

It seems as though something about mastering the kind of technical knowledge associated with computers has the potential to breed arrogance in people who wouldn't normally be all that arrogant.
    Is it related to only computers or just mastering something? Knowing somethin better than the other people do?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Is it related to only computers or just mastering something? Knowing somethin better than the other people do?
    I think it's about mastering anything, but the more "technical" that thing is, the more potential for arrogance. And since computers are very technical, they are a good example.
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be." - Dead Poets Society

Enneagram: 5w4 sp

garbage

Ever been to the Slashdot forums? I'm pretty sure that every post has to be sarcastic and mean in order to be accepted