User Tag List

Thread: Type and Neuroticism

Post Type and Neuroticism

Do you guys think there is a type or temperament that has a higher average of neuroticism than the others? Do you think there is a Function that contributes to neuroticism?

E.g., "I think Fi types might be more neurotic because their values are constantly clashing with society's," or "SPs are probably more neurotic because they seem to have obsessive, irrational fears."

Specifically, I'm talking about the Big Five trait called Neuroticism. (For those who don't know, the Big Five are five psychological traits that do correlate to a degree with MBTI. The traits are Openness, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism. The first four are much clearer as to what the relate to.) For more information about them, try Wikipedia.

However, if you want to talk about another type of neuroticism as well, that's fine, as long as it's related to type.

I (89%) N (88%) T (88%) P (56%)

Ti > Ne > Ni > Te > Si = Se > Fi > Fe

Enneagram: 5

You'd think there would be some correlation between type and neuroticism, but there really isn't.

Oh, cool. I guess the statistics speak for themselves this time.

Maybe you should have waited 'til the thread had sat around a bit before you won it.

On another note, I am surprised at how strongly N correlates with Openness. Openness, if I'm not mistaken, is related to appreciating different things (a common example is art). Would art really be as central to the human experience as is it is if only ~25% of the population was big on Openness? (That's a total estimation but if I'm not mistaken around 25% of Western society is N and the correlation is pretty high.)
    I (89%) N (88%) T (88%) P (56%)

Ti > Ne > Ni > Te > Si = Se > Fi > Fe

Enneagram: 5

filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar

We've discussed it already to the extent it deserves, given the information available, so of course we want to tell how the last discussion went.

Junior Member Array

I took a NEOPR test and my Neuroticism was off the charts