User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default How are you being treated by men and women of different age (and why?)

I've got an interest in this so I'd like to ask: how are you being treated by men and women of different age?

Men: 15-24

Men: 25-34

Men: 35-49

Women: 15-24

Women: 25-34

Women: 35-49
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

They can be nervous of me, but act just nice. Few have problems with me. I think most put an effort to seem good, except if they're around 15 or so.

My age bracket. Behavior varies, we don't usually either mind each other, or we can talk alright. It's most situation-dependent in this age/sex group.

We get along well. Not all can have a word with me and relate, but we usually have respect for one another.

Many women of this age group are nervous of me, and there seems to be less of an attempt to get along. Some are fine with me, others more than okay, many try to show their contempt or dismissal for me.

Women: 25-35
    We get along okay, tho I'm more conservative than many of them. Less of a polarization with "good" and "bad".

Women: 36-49
    Again, good get-along-ism.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

This is my age-range. I think sufficiently well? We joke around, there is some obvious camaraderie. The only problem is when they're really competitive, in that case I reply with equal competitivness, and it doesn't end up well.

On the upper limit of this age range, I get along with really well. They seem to have a wiser perspective about the world, but they're still open to new ideas. On the lower bound, I tend to have some little contrast, because many of them seem to be trying to adjust to the working world by trying to project a professional image, something that the people around 35 have already given up a bit.

I don't have a lot of contact with this range, except my father. I get along well with him, the others seem to ignore me mostly.

Lower bound: they ignore me. Upper bound (more similar to my age): I suppose I get along well with them no problem.

I don't have a lot of contact with this age bracket. From the brief glimpses I've had, though, there seem to be some problems at defining what are our respective social roles. Should they behave in a motherly fashion, or be on par? Still, this is the age most women tend to have kids, so they naturally treat me in a bit of a motherly fashion.

Women: 35-49[/QUOTE]

I think I don't get along that well with this group. They automatically assume I am irresponsible, it seems, just because of my age (strangely, older women don't do this).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

(Myself: INTJ Female. 20 years old.)

Easily, even with the immature ones. I typically end up fulfilling the sisterly, advice-giver role.

Effortlessly. Many of my friends fit into this category. It's very easy to start and carry on conversations with them.

Rarely have personal arguments with them. Our companionship isn't as deep as ones in the male 25-34 age bracket because we're focused on running our own lives.

Mixed bag. The younger they are, the more we get along. Sometimes the female social network gets in the way of a mutual understanding.

Usually. Most of my female friends are from the 28-35 age bracket.

A very mixed bag. I get along wonderfully with the women who are scientists, artists or musicians, but fail miserably with the ones who ascribe to the traditional soccer mother image. I've manage to insult them more times than I can remember. I hail from another planet, apparently.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'd like to realize the why question in behavior. Mostly, what's with the young females? Do they feel liberation from oppression so much, they're seeing me as "the system" and something to be resisted?

I get why some younger men behaved oddly, tho it hasn't occurred in years to any significant degree. It's competition, and they resist having to adapt to the world.

Those women of the age 15-24 who've had trouble with me are most usually married. Could they be estimating men of my age for their value as a partner? I had trouble relating to women of my age any other way perhaps 5 years ago.

Of course it's much harder to gain acceptance as a potential partner than it is to be accepted as a decent human being.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

(Not the ordinary female, so my answers may be insufficient for your problem.)

I'm told (as I'm the last one to 'get' social patterns) that women are generally concerned about their personal safety around male strangers and it could play into their hesitancy in approaching you.

And how do you think you're acting towards them? What topics do you discuss? Thoughts expressed? Non-verbals?

*Edit: Just saw the fixed title. Will add the "whys" to my post later.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

doesn't matter what age group, I am still treated as an intj. Depending on their type this treatment can be completely different.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, I meet people in many settings. In some of my jobs, I meet/ contact 100-200 people a day - usually research, or sales. Like in all stuff like that, women usually respond better.

These young women I thought about are spouses of my friends, or spouses of friends of friends. I've thought of them okay from the beginning, I've tried to get along with them.. I've invited them to my house along with my friends, tried to chat with them, tho I must say I haven't paid enough attention to them in the beginning. Ok. I haven't been interested of them apart of them being married to my friends.

Problem solved. I haven't been genuinely interested of them. Of course they notice it.

So, back to the questionaire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Male, 28 years old / INTJ

Generally, I get along great with them. I used to teach high school kids, so I'm familiar with methods of social integration, as it applies to "speaking their language". (This just means that I tight roll my jeans, and wear high-tops.)

My age group. Get along great. I have a very distinctive ENTP vibe that grants me unfettered social access, unless they catch on that I'm really a complete nerd, and not the flip-cup champ that I claim to be.

Mostly think of them as workforce colleagues. Enjoyable discussion, when it's not centered on domestic fanfare (kids and the like). Never could relate much interest to other people's offspring.

Same as males in their age range.

Women are great. Fun to joke around with. This would be the demographic I'd prefer to date, were I not already married.

Work colleagues. Same as men in their age bracket - great conversation, sans kiddy chat.

MBTI
    yupp

Alright, I don't know most of the ones in this age group I get along with are gay. I guess the straight ones I do get along with are because they're dating one of my friends or an ex of a friend, but after they break up we rarely keep in contact

I get along with them fine, they give me advice about what to do after college, and I actually enjoy talking to them probably my favorite age group of males.

don't have much interaction with them but, it's not a huge deal

My age range, I tolerate them, and I do have a few friends, but most want very little to do with me, as I don't fit in with them, and I guess I'm a bit weird which scares them

alright not as well as I get along with the males of this age,

not much interaction with them, but I'm able to perform small talk just fine and have learned what to say to keep them happy, and in the end that's all that matters.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so